• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Best browser for use with Win7?

Just An Observer

Other than one member who got put on Ignore, no answers have come forth. With End Of Life for Flash coming (it works rather well on IE), I am curious as to how others think about the browsers out there when playing FoE.

Emberguard

Windows 7 doesn't work well with HTML5. So while I could say "try this or that" you might not be able to get a browser that is fully compatible.

If you were on Windows 8 or 10 then the recommended browsers would be Firefix Quantum, Opera or Chrome

Just An Observer

Windows 7 doesn't work well with HTML5. So while I could say "try this or that" you might not be able to get a browser that is fully compatible.

If you were on Windows 8 or 10 then the recommended browsers would be Firefix Quantum, Opera or Chrome

Thank you for your answer! Win10 has its share of problems though. I might have to buy another computer to totally dedicate in playing FoE. Now I wonder if "End Of Life" means that Flash gets shut down or is simply no longer supported by the company which owns it?

Emberguard

Yeah Windows 10 does have its share of problems but being a newer OS will likely be supported for longer then Windows 8. So as long as the device itself is powerful enough to keep up then Windows 10 should in theory have more longevity with the game

Just An Observer

I will be sticking with Win7 on my current computer so long as it still has a semblance of functionality. Now to see if anyone knows how "End Of Life" for Flash will work. If it is still available on New Year's Day 2021 going forward, then I will be a happy camper.