• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Best PE Units?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31359

What are the best military units from the Progressive Era?

DeletedUser32906

Depends on what the situation is. City defense a mix of snipers and tanks look fairly effective to me.
Offense depends on what you’re facing. Facing tanks the ranged cannons can wipe the field before they can make it to you. If it’s snipers or conscripts a mixed group of tanks and snipers look fairly effective. I personally like the good ole champion and seven rouges when wanting to use a hammer on a situation. Hope this helped

Agent327

What are the best military units from the Progressive Era?

Stupid question. Every unit has a bonus against another type of unit. Based on that there is no best unit. Now since everybody wants to attack with 1 unit and 7 rogues the best unit is the one with the biggest defence bonus, cause that one will last longer.

So are you going to ask this question for the next era again?

DeletedUser29726

Conscript + 7 rogues is the most general purpose for autoing, but will get tore up if there's multiple snipers (1 is usually fine).
Armored Car + 7 rogues works great on manual - it has issues with target priority on auto (it should ignore snipers because they'll only do 1-2 damage but it prioritises them because it can kill them fast). Lots of tanks is their biggest issue (artillery hurts but used carefully you can position to kill the artillery before they can hit you)
Tank + 7 rogues works fine for some of the ones conscript doesn't - but will generally lose more rogues if the defense has significant conscripts or rapid fire cannons.
2 rapid fire cannons + 2 snipers + 4 rogues is a nice combo at times - they're both long range and cover each other's hard to kill targets. i use 2+2 to make sure you avoid the transformation bad luck of having it go 1+7 which can cause issues.

PE is quite possibly the best balanced age in the game with every unit having a substantial role. Good luck :)

DeletedUser35976

Stupid question. Every unit has a bonus against another type of unit. Based on that there is no best unit. Now since everybody wants to attack with 1 unit and 7 rogues the best unit is the one with the biggest defence bonus, cause that one will last longer.

So are you going to ask this question for the next era again?
No, there are best troops in certain era. EMA armored infantry can mop the deck with every unit but catapults. You can win most fights with 8 crossbows in HMA. Certain eras, like LMA the troops are all pretty balanced. However in some eras, there are best units.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33036

I would go with armored car as its counter, the tank, is a little lack luster in this era. The car also has a decent change to hit aby unit on the first turn, and has high damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.