• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

BEST UNIT OF EACH AGE FOR GVG

DeletedUser30900

Before anyone started this..... I understand it's discussed before and the result varies. However, when I try to search for that thread, for some reason I can't. I'm currently getting more and more involved into gvg. Like most people do, I fight gvg by auto battle since it's time sensitive. So, if there is a perfect unit to fight against a mixed 8 units combination for each age? I'm not asking for some extreme situation like 8 cannons or 8 tanks because it's too easy to counter( and if you set up a defense line like that you just saying "take this sector from me plz")

DeletedUser13736

I cannot answer for each age, but I can tell you my strategy.
I use 1 (or 2) attached troop(s) and 7 (or 6) rogues. Which troop I use depends on the age. I will list the ages I fight in, and the troops I use.
Col. Age: Almost always Ranger. The hiding skill is extremely versatile and useful.
Ind. Age: I switch between using Howitzers and Jaeger Infantry. If I'm feeling frisky, I use one of each and 6 rogues.
Prog. Era: Almost always Tanks and/or Conscripts. Tanks have a lot of HP, but conscripts are much more versatile. However, their boosts do work well with each other, so most of the time I use both.

DeletedUser30312

IA: Rogues
EMA: Rogues
HMA: Rogues
LMA: Rogues
CA: Rogues
Indy: Rogues
PE: Rogues
ME: Rogues
PME: Rogues
CE: Rogues
FE: Rogues
AA: Rogues

:D

Seriously though? I don't have a lot of experience with GvG, but it probably varies a bit from age to age. A lot of players will probably just spam a 1 heavy + 7 rogue strategy, but that's not going to be ideal against some defenses. And Champions vary from age to age too, some ages, they're considered crappy, while others, very useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Salsuero

IA: Rogues
EMA: Rogues
HMA: Rogues
LMA: Rogues
CA: Rogues
Indy: Rogues
PE: Rogues
ME: Rogues
PME: Rogues
CE: Rogues
FE: Rogues
AA: Rogues

:D

Seriously though? I don't have a lot of experience with GvG, but it probably varies a bit from age to age. A lot of players will probably just spam a 1 heavy + 7 rogue strategy, but that's not going to be ideal against some defenses. And Champions vary from age to age too, some ages, they're considered crappy, while others, very useful.

You forgot TE and OF.

Salsuero

No OF or AF in GvG, it's just the AA map.

I didn't realize you were talking about maps and thought you were talking about the ages of troops... and you can use AF and OF units on the AA map. Please revise to include your opinion of these additional troop ages. (...or don't. LOL) Thanks! ;)

DeletedUser30900

I dig this up again, anyone knows the best choice for fighting in ME specifically? Not those 8 same units extreme situation, but some good combination defense :) AND AUTO BATTLE AFTER CONFIRMED UNITS ONLY. Normally you don't manually fight in GVG that often, at least not for my guild :)

DeletedUser28686

id say 2 zookz and 6 rogues in gvg on def 4 zookz and mech tanks

DeletedUser28686

i have found with a descent traven boost in gvg and 2 zookz 6 rogues you can beat any me troops if you need to manual hold back zooks first round send in rogues thats just gvg tho

DeletedUser28686

if you need a good defense in moredern era id use bazookas mech tanks and a champ necer use more than 4 rogues once you get to modern era or you just aswhile expect to be beat an plundered