• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Best Unit per age

• Thread starter DeletedUser35976
  • Start date

Triopoly Champion

This is pretty much the entire thread right here. Perhaps the discussion should ignore rogues and look at the individual units WITHOUT Rogues instead? Might be a more interesting discussion because just about every unit can work just fine when you can take up to 7 hits per battle without suffering any damage using Rogues.
Not 1 Musketeer or 1 Field Gun with 7 Rogues.

Triopoly Champion

I probably don't know how to use the ranged units very well and don't fight these types very efficiently when they show up in the enemy armies, so 1 Colonial Champion + 7 Rogues work the best for me since fast beats ranged.

Several of my neighbors had riflemen in their defense, CA Champion is the only choice I can make, no problem when I use CA Champions to hit enemy Jaeger Infantries or Howitzers. Grenadiers are too slow.

Triopoly Champion

If u want to fight manually in LMA against an unknown defense 7rogue+1champ is the way to go

If u wanna autobattle against an unknown enemy 7rogue+1Heavy is probably best

GE is the best for fighting cause u can counter - the best units change every fight here
If I want to use Colonial units to fight Industrial enemy troops, Grenadiers and Rangers are already too weak as far as the range and the movement.

Wondering why the neighborhood hasn't been renewed for over a month?
Forge of Empires - 1 Colonial Champion + 7 Rogues defeat 2 Howitzers.jpg

Triopoly Champion

Grenadiers are the best to fight Howitzers while avoid being retaliated, but that's 1 age up, not vs the same age units, but I must admit that those Grenadiers need to lose some weights, they cannot climb up hills very well.

Rangers can be weak if there are not very many forests available for them to hide on the map.

Colonial Champions are strong against everything except battling Howitzers and Jaegars, yes those tough CA Champs are great against rangers too.

DeletedUser

Grenadiers are the best to fight Howitzers while avoid being retaliated,
This is absolutely wrong. Riflemen and/or Breech Loaders are the best to fight against Howitzers. When I was in Industrial Age, Grenadiers couldn't get close enough to see my Howitzers, let alone hit them.

Triopoly Champion

This is absolutely wrong. Riflemen and/or Breech Loaders are the best to fight against Howitzers. When I was in Industrial Age, Grenadiers couldn't get close enough to see my Howitzers, let alone hit them.
I was put into Indy hood many times while I'm still in Colonial, so I cannot train Riflemen or Breech Loaders. I was commenting on the best Colonial units while including the part to fight units 1 era up.

DeletedUser

I was put into Indy hood many times while I'm still in Colonial, so I cannot train Riflemen or Breech Loaders.
Then Musketeers and Field Guns would still be better than Grenadiers. Longer range and a boost against heavy units.

Triopoly Champion

Then Musketeers and Field Guns would still be better than Grenadiers. Longer range and a boost against heavy units.
For some reason, those enemy Howitzers(I assumed they tried to use the blast abilities) tend to get very close to my rogues, often close quarter locations, then turned them to Grenadiers, even got retaliated, so I just let them come to me and take those out.