• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Best way to deal with levels 70-80 (Arc)

wiserpenny

I’m on my Arc journey. Currently level 51 and loving the multiple levels a day cheap. But I am looking ahead to the costs on the 70-80 window... and it doesnt look so fun.

So.. whats the best way to push through this? Save up enough inventory of FPS and blow it all on each level? I dont want to lock up the 1.9 investors (yes using a 1.9 thread) for days at a time using my daily collection (about 175 / day including the hourly FP).

So.. how have you all done it?

DeletedUser43479

Just invest every fp you accumulate into the arc. Its a small feat but thats what i did and it didnt seam that bad.

Vger

What worked for me(YMMV):
You have a level 51 arc. Milk it. Snipe everything you can, or at least hoodies and friends, guildies maybe not so much. Anything to move FPs from the bar to inventory, hopefully with profit along the way. Get every FP you can into inventory.

70 to 80 is a biotch, unless you pay cash (I certainly didn't). I waited until I had enough FP in inventory to cover each level. Then let the 1.9 do the rest. But do each level fast. Once you post to 1.9, IMHO at that level you should finish it in a few hours. Yeah, don't tie up FPs for days at a time. That gets you 1 level. You need 10. Your reputation for flipping it quickly does matter.
Or at least that was my observation. And now that I'm on the other side...yeah it matters to me. I don't have a big bank yet.

BruteForceAttack

I’m on my Arc journey. Currently level 51 and loving the multiple levels a day cheap. But I am looking ahead to the costs on the 70-80 window... and it doesnt look so fun.

So.. whats the best way to push through this? Save up enough inventory of FPS and blow it all on each level? I dont want to lock up the 1.9 investors (yes using a 1.9 thread) for days at a time using my daily collection (about 175 / day including the hourly FP).

After 60, take a break and stock up fps even by taking loss on 1.9 thread..generally 3rd spot or below... When you are ready to level again, ask in guild/friends who can afford to donate 1.9 wait few days for you to level your arc..

wiserpenny

After 60, take a break and stock up fps even by taking loss on 1.9 thread..generally 3rd spot or below... When you are ready to level again, ask in guild/friends who can afford to donate 1.9 wait few days for you to level your arc..
Yeah problem is im on Birka (newest world) and though our guild has gone as high as platinum league at one point and even competed in diamond.... my 51 Arc is by far the highest level GB in our guild. So i’d be locking up non-guild FPS. dont want to be “that guy”

wiserpenny

What worked for me(YMMV):
You have a level 51 arc. Milk it. Snipe everything you can, or at least hoodies and friends, guildies maybe not so much. Anything to move FPs from the bar to inventory, hopefully with profit along the way. Get every FP you can into inventory.

70 to 80 is a biotch, unless you pay cash (I certainly didn't). I waited until I had enough FP in inventory to cover each level. Then let the 1.9 do the rest. But do each level fast. Once you post to 1.9, IMHO at that level you should finish it in a few hours. Yeah, don't tie up FPs for days at a time. That gets you 1 level. You need 10. Your reputation for flipping it quickly does matter.
Or at least that was my observation. And now that I'm on the other side...yeah it matters to me. I don't have a big bank yet.
Thanks... that is kind of what i was thinking. Will be a bit of pause on the leveling but then i can sprint those 10 levels...... completely blowing my bank and making me have to build it again. But seems like it kind of is what it is unless someone else has some great ideas

ExtraMile

Thanks... that is kind of what i was thinking. Will be a bit of pause on the leveling but then i can sprint those 10 levels...... completely blowing my bank and making me have to build it again. But seems like it kind of is what it is unless someone else has some great ideas
If I were you I wouldn’t spend any FP from the inventory on your arc, even though it might be tempting.

Once your arc is at 80 (and closing in on 80), it’s really important to have a large inventory already so you are able to do 1.9 contributions and snipe right away. This way, you will make more FP faster and get to the point where you are sitting on 20k+ banked FP much sooner than if you had blown your whole inventory on the last few levels of your arc. Then at this point, you will be able to invest lots of inventory FP back into your city without hindering your sniping capabilities.

Yes, the last few levels of the level 80 arc project are brutal. But they go much faster than you would think. And all the while (even if your arc isn’t at 80 yet), you can be using your inventory to snipe for a profit. So I would definitely advise using your inventory for sniping only, even though it is very tempting to do otherwise. Trust me, finishing the arc project and having a big inventory ready to go will make up for the painful final weeks.

Freshmeboy

The difference between 70 and 80 isn't that much in terms of fps returned, so blowing the bank on the last ten levels seems like an unfair trade off. Your inventory is your power in this game..the ability to snipe high level GBs for medals and prints when opportunity arises should never be underestimated.
Set a standard in daily contributions. Whether it be a snipe after collection and the rest in the Arc bucket or 25 fps a day-doesn't matter. The game is a marathon and the Arc is no different. Ultimately, the Arc is about controlling your inventory by recycling fps collected and increasing that spending power..Good luck

Emberguard

Depends entirely on how quickly you want it lvl'd and how quickly you'd burn through FPs not lvl'ing the final 10 lvls. You could open it without placing any FPs as there's a chance someone will start lvl'ing it and save you a few FPs once you are ready for it

wiserpenny

If I were you I wouldn’t spend any FP from the inventory on your arc, even though it might be tempting.

Once your arc is at 80 (and closing in on 80), it’s really important to have a large inventory already so you are able to do 1.9 contributions and snipe right away. This way, you will make more FP faster and get to the point where you are sitting on 20k+ banked FP much sooner than if you had blown your whole inventory on the last few levels of your arc. Then at this point, you will be able to invest lots of inventory FP back into your city without hindering your sniping capabilities.

Yes, the last few levels of the level 80 arc project are brutal. But they go much faster than you would think. And all the while (even if your arc isn’t at 80 yet), you can be using your inventory to snipe for a profit. So I would definitely advise using your inventory for sniping only, even though it is very tempting to do otherwise. Trust me, finishing the arc project and having a big inventory ready to go will make up for the painful final weeks.
Well sure having the inventory is important. I get that. But how do yo propose slogging through the 70-80 levels of the Arc?

What I'm thinking I might do, based on this conversation, is talk to a couple of my main 190 donors and see if I can just lock in a deal with them to hold up their points for a couple of days. I could use daily collection for most of my payment then.

ExtraMile

Well sure having the inventory is important. I get that. But how do yo propose slogging through the 70-80 levels of the Arc?
Just slog through it. Use your daily collections and FP you win in GE and GBG. Although it won’t be fun, this is definitely a better option than blowing your bank.

DevaCat

I had heard 60-80 were tough, but I found them not that bad. Definitely not like the sweet spot of 2-3 levels a day, but I usually got a level a day, sometimes at most in 2 days. I was in a 1.85 Arc leveling thread (after the early levels) and luckier than you in that I had at least 3 guildies with Arc 80s on just about every day, and others looking for prints. In the 60-80 slog I also had friend list folks willing to invest (without messing up the thread or screwing over my guild) so I called on them when the leveling started slowing down -- they were a big help.

It's just a slog. For those levels it was pretty much a focus of all resources on the Arc, and I used my bank for priming and for investing/sniping. At that point I just wanted to get to 80 and begin to enjoy the rewards that entails, so my method was to use the bank to keep things moving. I had about 6k left after reaching 80 iirc. So, it's a trade off: use the bank to get to 80 quickly and start really working it with a smaller bank (to start with), or spare the bank, take longer to reach 80 but have a bigger bank to work with once you get there.

Mustapha00

You might consider putting enough of your own FP into each level so as to provide a profit for those with "only" 1.85 or even 1.8 Arcs.

I hate spending my own FP to level my own GBs, but I also hate taking multiple days to level a GB, especially when the end (80) is well in sight (I'm at 73 in one and 52 in another). You've eithr got to resign yourself to being patient or to doing whatever it takes to speed the process.