• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Beyond Space Age Mars question

ol man Rufus

I am currently in the Space Age Mars age. When I explore for Mars Ore, it costs me so much in "Mars Credits" I know I will need a lot of Mars Ore for research in upcoming eras but as I understand it, my Mars colony disappears when I move to the next era. How then do I continue to produce the needed Mars Credits for Mars Ore exploration if my colony no longer exists?

Thank you
ol man Rufus (formerly Rufus XZ)

xivarmy

Your ability to use mars ore deposits also disappears.

If you need to make more mars ore after you leave, you have the ability to place synthesizers in your main city to make it (3x3, requires 2 lane road).

Space Carrier can also keep up over very long time frames (i.e. once you're at the last era, it can usually make enough of the previous special ores over a year for the next age to come out).

Pericles the Lion

I am currently in the Space Age Mars age. When I explore for Mars Ore, it costs me so much in "Mars Credits" I know I will need a lot of Mars Ore for research in upcoming eras but as I understand it, my Mars colony disappears when I move to the next era. How then do I continue to produce the needed Mars Credits for Mars Ore exploration if my colony no longer exists?

Thank you
ol man Rufus (formerly Rufus XZ)
When you age up to SAAB the Mars Colony is abandoned so no more Mars Credits will be possible. You have three options for obtaining the requisite Mars Ore. First, remain in SAM until you have collected enough to carry you thru the rest of the tech trees. Second, when beyond SAM, build Mars Ore Synthesizers in your main city. Third, collect from the Space Carrier GB.

ol man Rufus

Excellent replies! Thank you all. I wasn't familiar with the word "synthesizer". I see that now in the Astro B. research tree

Thanks again
ol man Rufus

Ebeondi Asi

Be aware using a Synthesizer is much less efficient that making the Special Goods in the Mars Colony.

xivarmy

Be aware using a Synthesizer is much less efficient that making the Special Goods in the Mars Colony.
Depends how you define efficiency. If you have the space and your goal is to say get to titan, it's much more efficient to use synthesizers as then you can be gathering both asteroid ice and mars ore at the same time.

If you're worried about losing space for event buildings though and are in no great rush to get anywhere, then yes sticking around longer makes sense.

In a best-of-both-worlds-with-a-cost option you can also diamond rush the biggest mars ore producer a bunch before you leave. 30 diamonds per ~100 ore really isn't so bad considering. ~150-200 diamonds per day of waiting to move up it saves you.