• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Submitted BG's Influence

planetofthehumans2

• Make sure you give a full explanation of your idea
Currently: You have to collect the BG and then collect the next N buildings you want the BG to influence, or collect all will randomly choose buildings to influence.

Proposed idea: You pick what buildings you want the BG to influence, and when collect all is activated and the BG has turns available, the BG influences those specific buildings during the collect all. If you do not influence buildings through the proposed menu, you can continue to collect the BG and then collect the buildings you wish to affect. This does not change the BG's effects/skills but streamlines the process of using the BG.

In essence from the devs standpoint, this gives the BG and a select few buildings priority in the collect all list so that all buildings can be truly collected all at once.
  • Include the reasons why the suggestion is necessary (for example why it enhances the players experience)
Currently this is probably the single handed biggest reason people want increased FP limits. If there was no BG and we just collected all, we could just get collections done instantly. But because the BG requires you to hand collect buildings, this causes players to go over the 100FP limit in some cases in one building collection. There are so many chain buildings that can give over 50FP and then the BG comes along and you're over the limit and can no longer collect. So you have to collect one or a few buildings at a time with the BG, get rid of all that FP in your bar, collect those BG buildings again, ad nauseum until you can finally ran out of turns/get under 99 and collect all. This is actually a pain for players who have to find buildings to toss FP on over and over again. I personally collect 800FP+ per day in my city and have to collect numerous times just for BG before I can collect all. I have to have a building dedicated to FP dumping just for this. If I have to wait for people to fill the slots on that GB, I have to wait even longer to collect. I have to go find people to snipe in my hood just to relieve myself of the FP. It makes collections go on way too long and give a lot of time between the start of collection until finally collecting it all. So if we can assign these buildings in advance, I can just collect all and that would be that and all the FP would be in my bar to get rid of at my leisure in the next 24 hours. The BG puts undue burden on the player base to collect around it, and that's been seen in numerous threads about increasing the FP limit and other topics. Inno is not going to stop giving chain/high FP buildings and they've already increased the FP limit for FOE+, this can be the way to alleviate the massive problem that is end-game players collection burden. There's really no sense to this burden at all, it's just a matter of quality of life for the players.
  • Describe how your idea will work during gameplay
Open the BG
Go to the overview page
Select "Influence Buildings"
The popup will dissapear and allow you to click on the buildings in your city that you have turns for similarly to upgrade kits
Unclick buildings that you do not want it to influence
Buildings that are influenced will have a (blue?) visual cue when BG is clicked, hoovering over the building can tell if it is polished or not
Buildings that are stored or deleted will remove the BG influence and allow additional turn to be selected in the menu
Optional popup saying that storing/deleting this building will remove the BG's influence on it
If no or not enough buildings are selected, BG will operate as normal by collecting the BG and the next building collected will be influenced
Only the amount of turns will be allowed for that number of buildings to be selected
  • Can you add any (small!) visual aids to help show how it would work?
1656379800005.png
1656380254936.png
1656380779435.png
  • Can your idea be abused when put in practice? How could we prevent that from happening?
It's the same ability BG already has but executing it easier for everyone. I don't know of any way that a player can mess with the collect all function.

Sorry about the images, I don't want to pay 500$ for photoshop.

Ebeondi Asi

That is a great idea. I currently do two collections. one with just the BG buildings and one for all the rest. Being able to do the idea above would be very nice.
The one problem I can foresee is if the program could not adjust for mistakes? say one of the selected building was not ready? if the program just stopped and did nothing. halting all collection.. that would be terrible.it should instead go ahead skipping the unavailable one selected to collect !!! and defaulting to collecting anything as before with the last BG try.
Same as if no selections were chosen for BG with this feature.
I can see this is a rather specialized request. really only for BG owners who have a high level Blue Galaxy etc.. and might be hard to implement.

Johnny B. Goode

This is a very niche idea, meaning it would benefit very few players. I know people don't like this reason, but in this case it's true; too much work for too little benefit. Just no.

Graviton

Out of seven cities I only have 1 BG and I don't do any special collections, I find that tedious, so this idea appeals to me. I'll second @Ebeondi Asi's concern about the functionality, but it is a good idea. If this were implemented I might plant another couple of BGs, particularly in my lower-aged cities. So I'll vote yes.

Just An Observer

I dumped my BG. There were too many times that payoffs were so small that I figured between GBG doing the heavy lifting and using the space for a good A/D building that had decent steady rewards was a better way to go. It has not been missed.

Yup, as someone with a fairly high level BG this is a great idea. I always have to stop collecting at least twice and dump FP, on days where BG is hitting especially hard it may be as many as 4 times.

I have to ask on what world is BG a niche building? BG is easily the most profitable building I have, and I'm pretty sure that's true for anyone with a level 60+ BG.

Inno set a 100FP limit on collections and then gave us a building that can collect many multiples of 100 when conditions are right, stretching out collection times to an unreasonable degree. Inno created this situation and Inno should fix it.

Johnny B. Goode

I have to ask on what world is BG a niche building?
That's not what I said. I said:
This is a very niche idea, meaning it would benefit very few players.
I have a BG in my main city, but I never worry about which buildings it affects, I just collect. With the ease of acquiring tons of every resource, I don't understand the mindset that still has to "maximize" this GB.
This is an idea that simply makes the game easier for a relatively small number of players. And making the game easier used to disqualify an idea from consideration. Which is why I voted no.

DreadfulCadillac

Tremendous Idea. I'm an aye.

@Johnny B. Goode the BG isn't very useful if when you collect all it doubles a blacksmith or a Royal Marble Gateway or something like that, lol.. I do my collections as follows:

Collect BG
Use BG hits on my buildings that produce a high amount of fp (escp. the chain buildings)
Spend the FPS I got from doing the above (sometimes repeat numerous times if the BG is being generous)
Use Collect all on the rest.

Sharmon the Impaler

Does BG work on the settlement buildings ? Specifically the Mugwal , I can't believe I didn't think of even trying it and may have cost myself 1-2K FP since I planted it.

Ebeondi Asi

No BG does not work in Settlements. re-reading I made an error.of what ws asked. Yes the BG does work on buildings you have won fromSettlements that are inside you city.Like Yggdrasil ..Yes.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

Much appreciated. I just did my collection so I couldn't check until tomorrow night. That would have been hard sleeping thinking that I may have been that dumb lol.

Emberguard

1656380779435.png
This popup seems redundant

Productions are picked up when a building is removed. Wouldn't that use the Blue Galaxy charge anyway?

Kaidi

This popup seems redundant

Productions are picked up when a building is removed. Wouldn't that use the Blue Galaxy charge anyway?
I don't think that would happen often; I generally pick up after collecting. I think maybe the point is that you might want to replace it with another building once you've picked it up? e.g. my baby BG has six tries. If I had all six picked out, then picked up a building that was selected for the BG, the next time I collected the last one would be random. And I think the message may mean that if you put it back down again, BG isn't automatically going to re-select it?

I don't know that that message is the best way to convey all of that, though. :p

Kaidi

I can see this is a rather specialized request. really only for BG owners who have a high level Blue Galaxy etc.. and might be hard to implement.
My baby BG is only level 9, I get 6 tries, and I'd love this feature. Your point about not-ready-to-collect buildings is a very good one though!

If one of the buildings I'm collecting from is a Terrace Farm, about one in three times I forget to set it for 24 hours, and this would solve that senior moment.