• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Blossoming Friendships

DeletedUser31440

Some people are fun, some are special, and some are just yes. This is a place for these people and your blossoming friendships with them.

World D - Sir Burn a lot - LMA Town Hall (note LMA Town Hall, not city)

entitled 1.JPG entitled 2.JPG
entitled 3.JPG
entitled 4.JPG
entitled 5.JPG
entitled 6.JPG
entitled 7.JPG
For anyone curious, that's at least 2 unboosted Iron Age goods buildings in his LMA city.

DeletedUser33036

Not only that, but he also has a bronze agr dyeworks, when the last time bronze age goods were needed for tech was HMA.

DeletedUser31440

Not only that, but he also has a bronze agr dyeworks, when the last time bronze age goods were needed for tech was HMA.

I'm just going to set this down over here...

WTF..PNG
WTF0.PNG

Yeah, yeah, yeah the only having 2 boosts isn't entirely accurate, but for where he is in the game it's appropriate.

DeletedUser32824

I've been friends with a guy since my first hood. He's in Colonial with a score of 77k. I'm in LMA with a score of 8mil. My IA diamond farm has like 300k already!

DeletedUser31440

Wonder why he needs to post unfair trades for GE? Defnitely not becuase of the unboosted goods buildings or that he is producing goods that he should be trading down for now.

trade.JPG

The real question though, is it worth it to blast his city on the thread to dissuade others from picking up the unfair trades? Or just leave it alone?

RazorbackPirate

Based on what you'v shared so far, it appears he thinks that because others in the guild are farther along, more successful, and have more resources they need to support him with free FPs in the swap threads (until he gets called out) and now eat the bad end of a trade just because.

Whether you put him on blast or not depends on if you are fine with this entitled mentality and want his behavior to spread.

Emberguard

People like that tend to do the same thing in Oceanic until they're either confronted or leave. If it's against the guild rules to have those kinds of trades then it needs to be made clear that no one is allowed to make those trades even if it's for GE (or else allow it for everyone during hard weeks). But whichever route the guild does it needs to be consistent so it's not unfair to Sir Burns or anyone else in the guild that would be accepting the trades

Mustapha00

Wonder why he needs to post unfair trades for GE? Defnitely not becuase of the unboosted goods buildings or that he is producing goods that he should be trading down for now.

View attachment 11328

The real question though, is it worth it to blast his city on the thread to dissuade others from picking up the unfair trades? Or just leave it alone?

Well, if you can dissuade others from making the same sort of mistakes he made- call it a "Cautionary Tale" if you'd like- and just one player avoids those pitfalls, well, then, I'd say your effort was worth it.