• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Blue Prints drop rate

DeletedUser6491

I haven't got a blue print for more than 3 days now. Polishing/motivating more than 100 people daily.
JSON gateway started and no blueprints. Json gateway resolved, still no blueprints....
So the question is, is it because of Json gateway issue? Is it normal that I don't get even 1 blue print in 3 days?

DeletedUser

I polish about 200 a day and the drop rate used to be 2 - 3 bp per day a couple weeks back. Lately it has been 1 - 2 bp per day but that is still close to the 1% average I get.

DeletedUser4844

Given the low drop rate (seems to be about 1%) if you normally get 1 per day and you don't get any for 3 days that's just random probability rearing it's ugly head. The odds of it happening 3 days in a row are low (about half a percent), but not low enough to say it's probably a bug or that they changed something.

DeletedUser4074

Humans are really good at finding patterns in statistical noise. Given how low the drop rate is to begin with, 3 days of no blueprints may feel like a lot, but if you're playing every day you should expect to get runs that bad eventually.

DeletedUser4844

Yep. If 20 people play over a month period, chances are good that one of them will have experienced 3 consecutive days of no blueprints even if all of them polish/motivate 100 people every day.

DeletedUser6425

I don't know what the drop rate should be, but I get 2 - 3 Blueprints once a week and I don't think that is fair. Also it gets a day longer every week. I was getting BPs on a Monday, now I get them on a Thursday. I'm guessing I will not get any BPs till next Friday. So my drop rate seems to be 1 BP for every 350 P/M. It would be nice if FOE would post the drop rate so we would know if there is a problem with the game. How do you know if you should report a problem if you don't know what the standards are for the game.

DeletedUser4844

Rydeck, based on what I have observed, it's never been 1 drop every so many polishes/motivates, but more like a small random cheance with each polish/motivate. That means it is possible to get 4 blueprints in a row, and then not get another blueprint for a month. That's just the way the coins landed (or whatever randomness analogy you feel most comfortable with).

DeletedUser6741

Little Bill Daggett: I don't deserve this... to die like this. I was building a house.
Will Munny: Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
[aims gun]
Little Bill Daggett: I'll see you in hell, William Munny.
Will Munny: Yeah.
[fires]
Fair? Fair’s got nothing to do with it. The game is supposed to be challenging, but I see way too many people looking for everything handed to them on a silver platter. If you’re so interested in scoring BP’s quickly, then shell out the money and buy yourself some diamonds, plenty of other people do.
Now if you’re interested in a challenge then play the game as it is and stop asking for something that wasn’t meant to be. By the way I do know the frustration of searching for BP’s. I’ve received several over the past few days from various means and I can’t score that final elusive BP for my Zeus.

DeletedUser

I don't P/M 100 per day but I do about 40-60 and I've only got 1 since I started playing a few weeks ago. I thought they were extremely rare but this is insane.

DeletedUser8794

You are not the only one. I go through dry spells also. There are periods of 3 days where I dont get a BP even though I polish 300 cities a day.
I have better luck with BIG buildings, and no luck with small 1*1s, and no luck with houses.
I started keeping track of waht buildings I was getting BPs from to see if there is a pattern to the randomness.

my BP list:
flowers bp Zues
alchemist - St Marks BP
Arcade House- Deal Castle House.
Brewery- Saint Basil Cathedral
Tannery - Hagia Sopia
tavern - zues bp
library - st basils cathedral
school - babel
Farm - St Marks
triumphal arch - lighthouse

DeletedUser8797

Little Bill Daggett: I don't deserve this... to die like this. I was building a house.
Will Munny: Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
[aims gun]
Little Bill Daggett: I'll see you in hell, William Munny.
Will Munny: Yeah.
[fires]
Fair? Fair’s got nothing to do with it. The game is supposed to be challenging, but I see way too many people looking for everything handed to them on a silver platter. If you’re so interested in scoring BP’s quickly, then shell out the money and buy yourself some diamonds, plenty of other people do.
Now if you’re interested in a challenge then play the game as it is and stop asking for something that wasn’t meant to be. By the way I do know the frustration of searching for BP’s. I’ve received several over the past few days from various means and I can’t score that final elusive BP for my Zeus.
EXACTLY WHAT I THINK ! ! ! The game is for "PLAYERS" not complainers and people with no patience or understanding of how things work ! "CHANCE" means that, there is a chance for BPs and also sometimes you "JUST HAVE TO WAIT" for it to happen but this game is about mainly the challenge and hardwork of what you put into it :laugh:SO "FORGE FORWARD" and HAVE SOME FUN doing it too ! ! ! !

DeletedUser7406

EXACTLY WHAT I THINK ! ! ! The game is for "PLAYERS" not complainers and people with no patience or understanding of how things work ! "CHANCE" means that, there is a chance for BPs and also sometimes you "JUST HAVE TO WAIT" for it to happen but this game is about mainly the challenge and hardwork of what you put into it :laugh:SO "FORGE FORWARD" and HAVE SOME FUN doing it too ! ! ! !

I don't think everyone is complaining, but simply trying to figure out if there is a defined rule by the developers. You would not enter a relay race and NOT know how far you are supposed to run, other than looking at the other runners. Now I have heard many opinions, such as 1 BP per every 100 M/P. (or maybe 100 M and 100 P)
I do know that sometimes I go 3-4 days (average) and then get 2 BP within 4 M/P. It is not a complaint to ask what the design of the game is, even if the answer is a definitive random result of say 1%.

DeletedUser2145

http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/...Thread-Not-a-Bug&p=46342&viewfull=1#post46342

The chance to receive a blue print is random and individual --- it does not increase with each action, it remains the same for each action. But obviously with more actions you have more instances of that same individual chance. This means that you can receive 0 blue prints for doing 200 actions, or you can receive 4 blue prints for doing 20 actions. Both of these cases may be statistically unlikely to happen, but they're possible.

There are no patterns. All patterns are "illusions" created from the collected data. If you toss a coin you receive heads or tails, so you have a 50-50 chance to receive either one. Yet if one receives 4 heads and 1 tail from 5 tosses they tend to assume that their odds lean toward receiving more heads and that it's not the advertised 50-50 probability.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6172

There is, however, in interesting subtlety. When you get a blueprint, you should IMMEDIATELY check to see if you now have a 3x or a 2x pair for that Great Building. The more blueprints you are missing, the better your odds of 2:1 converting to a blueprint that you still need. DO NOT WAIT.

DeletedUser8152

There is, however, in interesting subtlety. When you get a blueprint, you should IMMEDIATELY check to see if you now have a 3x or a 2x pair for that Great Building. The more blueprints you are missing, the better your odds of 2:1 converting to a blueprint that you still need. DO NOT WAIT.
That doesn't really make sense... yes, you are more likely to get a new blueprint, but trading early also means it's less like for the next BP you get to be new. There's no harm in trading early, but no particular reason to do it until you have enough BPs that you have some chance of trading to get the full set.

DeletedUser6172

If you ONLY get blueprints by Motivate/Polish or by helping level a Great Building then the odds gradually get worse either way, and the conversion is best regarded as an extra MP rotation.

BUT if you're willing to spend 200 diamonds you can SELECT missing blueprints, and you'll be able to get into sticks at least a couple of days sooner, depending you how many blueprints you're willing to buy, if you immediately convert your duplicate blueprints.

DeletedUser10806

I have cities in 4 worlds and plan to get the summer quest finished in all 4 hopefully giving me 1000 diamonds which I shall gleefully blow on 5 'Last BPs'

DeletedUser5500

what i do is contribute to gbs. its reliable when you do a fp trades, and you get medals and some fps back. also, BUYING DIAMONDS is a waste of money, but then again, its your money.......