• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Blue square icon on items in quests

Mullijo1951

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature or related to the Fall event, checked the forums and wiki, cleaned my glasses, didn't help.

Two quests (one a story quest) now have blue square icons (looks like a sign?). Not sure what it means. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

UBERhelp1

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature or related to the Fall event, checked the forums and wiki, cleaned my glasses, didn't help.

Two quests (one a story quest) now have blue square icons (looks like a sign?). Not sure what it means. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Could you post any screenshots? If what I think you're talking about is what you're talking about, clicking on those will tell you some hints about completing those quests.

Mullijo1951

Screenshot attached. Thanks for the quick response.

FYI, it happens in Chrome and Edge, and when I hover the mouse over it, I see nothing.

Attachments

• FoE_QuestScreeenShot.PNG
    FoE_QuestScreeenShot.PNG
    565.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Screenshot attached. Thanks for the quick response.

FYI, it happens in Chrome and Edge, and when I hover the mouse over it, I see nothing.
It might be a new indicator. Judging from what the quests are, the ones with the blue squares may not be doable until you scout those provinces. In other words, the quests without blue squares can be done immediately and the ones with blue squares require another action to be completed first, before you can get to the quest itself.

Mullijo1951

It might be a new indicator. Judging from what the quests are, the ones with the blue squares may not be doable until you scout those provinces. In other words, the quests without blue squares can be done immediately and the ones with blue squares require another action to be completed first, before you can get to the quest itself.
Thanks, that is possible, but I would like to have known about beforehand - unless they put it in a place I don't look at. I checked the last release notes and it wasn't there.

UBERhelp1

I don't think that's it. Considering where the quests in the screenshot are from, there's no reason that should be the case. It's definitely not what I suspected in my earlier post. I'm honestly not sure. Looks like more of a visual bug to me.

Mullijo1951

I don't think that's it. Considering where the quests in the screenshot are from, there's no reason that should be the case. It's definitely not what I suspected in my earlier post. I'm honestly not sure. Looks like more of a visual bug to me.
It is now completely in a different language. Unreal. I'm still on US18.

Attachments

• FoE Second screenshot.PNG
    FoE Second screenshot.PNG
    541.3 KB · Views: 13

Mullijo1951

That's kinda cool. But that is definitely a visual bug. Try clearing cache/cookies on your browser.

[EDIT] Are any other areas of the game messed up?
No other areas gone bad - and English is back! I was scouting a new country and that went through, plus I negotiated a sector so completed that task. The new task (take the entire country) has the checkmark, too. I'll try cleaning the browser, thanks.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Got a better explanation?

EDIT: In checking the Story quests in my cities, my explanation doesn't hold up. The only quests that have the blue icon (not a square, by the way, once you zoom in) are two completed C-Map tasks that are part of multi-task quests. I have several other C-Map quests that do not have the blue icon. I notice that all of the quests (including event quests) that require you to "gather" resources (coins, supplies, etc.) have a green plus (+) sign on them.

Last edited: