• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Bronze Age Event Brick Walls should be removed

• Thread starter DeletedUser35351
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorbackPirate

There is no problem. I started my first city about a week before an event started. I started my second city about a week into the event. In hind sight, it's laughable how badly I did. I didn't know, I was clueless. I have no idea how many quests I finished, I have no idea how many quests I missed, and I recall getting stuck on virtually every single quest. Waiting for FPs to generate so I could spend them, sometimes for days to run enough supply productions to complete a single quest. Nothing was impossible, but they all were hard.

Every time I got stuck, I knew it was because I had a new city and had yet to develop. I also knew it was fun and I got stuff for free. I doubt I got very far in either of my cities, I probably got no where close to finishing the quests. I didn't know, so I didn't care. I sure as heck never felt that playing a free game, I was owed anything just because there was an event running. I just figured I'd do better next event. Know what? I did.

Based on my experience, I agree with @graviton you seem to be proposing and arguing for a solution to fix a problem that doesn't even exist.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26120

I'm tired of cleaning up this thread. I will start handing out warnings for off topic posts, trolling, flaming, or anything else against forum rules.

DeletedUser

I'm tired of cleaning up this thread. I will start handing out warnings for off topic posts, trolling, flaming, or anything else against forum rules.
Then you should close the thread, because every post by the OP has been an exercise in trolling and/or flaming.

DeletedUser34800

When I started the game last year, I started while the Winter Event was running. Not halfway, it was only a couple days into it.

Anyways, my city completed the event, with no issues. I went from Stone Age through Bronze Age and into Iron Age during the event. Hopped into a guild as soon as I could, didn't realize how important donating to GBs was yet, was still rushing through the tech because I didn't know better. Basically, had no clue how to play. But again, I completed the event with no issues, and scored the Winter Set layout thar added +7 FPs to my city, when I only generated like 26 a day. Was awesome.

Didn't visit the forums until later, and learned how to play. I haven't had any trouble with an event since the Winter Event (which I didn't have trouble completing as a clueless new player), and have completed every single event we have had.

I don't believe this is an issue. Just move up from the Bronze Age (it's the tutorial age, and the devs are pushing people to move up). The benefits are almost non existent, and most players picking up the game will rush through it (like me). So, no problem exists.

DeletedUser35351

Okay m9silent12 your post does not address the conceptual issue that I presented.

Okay to try once more to point out what this thread is and is not about as m9silent12 your post is not touching on what this thread is about perhaps it is touching on what the trolls are spewing but hopefully the moderator is removing those woefully off topic posts to help reduce the confusion. So with that said here again as clearly as I possibly can make it is what this thread's purpose and concept is and is not about. PLEASE READ as after this any obviously off topic post will get reported.

1) It is not about camping in BA nor any Age for that matter
2) It is not a complaint about not being able to "Finish" an Event

So please no more comments on these as they are woefully off topic

What is it about -- it is about removing game detractors (Event blockers) either by changing the advertisement so that the proper expectations are set from the get go (someone made a suggestion in on how to do this) -- or changing the implementation in order to be inline with the promoted expectations (my suggestions went in this direction)

Not sure if you folks watch the promotionals but in them they either directly state or at least imply that these Events are meant to be fully enjoyed by ALL which means Everyone (BA or higher experienced-hardcores, BA or higher inexperienced-hardcores, BA or higher experienced-casuals AND BA or higher inexperienced-casuals and anyone else that does not fall into one of those 4 categories) However as most of you have pointed out this is not the case they can only be fully enjoyed by IA or higher experienced-hardcores and perhaps IA or higher experienced-casuals

So IF that is the case then the promotionals should clearly state this in order to clearly set the proper expectations either that or the implementation should be changed to lineup with the perceived expectations -- which is all that I am saying.

So whether we restrict these Events to IA or higher players with the understanding (promoted expectation) that you need to do some serious planning (be a hardcore player) in order to not encounter a blocker (aka game detractor) --OR-- we change the implementation such that even if you are a BA inexperienced-casual player you will never encounter a blocker (aka game detractor)

I am not saying you change the Event such that a BA inexperienced-casual player is guaranteed to complete the Event --nor-- am I saying that the Events should only be complete-able by experienced-hardcore players -- all I am saying is if it is advertised to be fun for ALL then there should be no Task that blocks (or nearly blocks) the progression of even a BA inexperienced-casual player. The events should all be doable and complete-able if the player puts forth some effort and without and pre-planning. There are numerous Tasks of this sort and some of them are quite difficult without being a blocker (or near blocker) so there is no need for blocker (or near blocker) Tasks.

Why do I state this -- because blockers (or near blockers) are perceived as bad things by most players that experience them and thus are game detractors -- further game detractors (which are unnecessary btw) only lead to player dissatisfaction and perhaps the player going to some other game that does not have built in detractors -- REMEMBER ITS A GAME -- Games are supposed to be about having fun if you build into a game something that block/stops one from having fun you defeat the purpose of it being a game. So in the long run game detractors are a lose-lose scenario -- as it causes players to go elsewhere and thus reduces the potential income for the company and thus perhaps cause the game to be shutdown. This might not happen to this game but I have seen (experienced) it happening more than once so it does happen. So if detractors are unnecessary and only detrimentally affect a game they ought to be removed -- and again by removed I mean either clearly change the expectations to lineup with the implementation --or-- change the implementation to line up with the perceived expectations.

I hope that clarifies the entire intent of this post -- please going forward try to stay on topic or at least close to it.

Agent327

Orius Maximus your comment is completely off topic -- no one is camping in BA -- nor is this thread about wanting to camp in BA please read and comment on the thread or create your own thread to discuss BA Camping

From the OP

Now due to earlier events I can no longer successfully progress on the Campaign map by fighting so I cannot use that to win any Battles which is my only option when in the Bronze Age. As for the Guild Expeditions you cannot even do those when in the Bronze Age.

Now who isn't campimg?

Graviton

So the point of the thread is now, "Inno should clearly advertise that new and inexperienced players may not be able to complete Events until they have become experienced and moved beyond Bronze Age."

Anyone who has played online games for any length of time understands that new players will have to play awhile in order to complete the special events, either due to lack of experience or insufficient game resources. Applying that logic to other things, you're asking bicycle makers to clearly state that only people who know how to ride bikes can enjoy their product, because their ads imply that everyone can ride them. Come on.

It may be because I'm getting old but I can't help but believe that this complaint should be filed under "Entitlement Mentality".

DeletedUser34800

But see, there is no problem. Just leave the games tutorial age (Bronze Age) and you can easily complete anything.

If you think that a brand new bronze age player should be able to complete the event, then guess what? They can. A brand new player has plenty of map to fight through, and can adjust their production in their city as needed because all their buildings are fast and cheap.

If they get stuck on a quest, or 'blocked' as you like to keep saying, than they can simply tech up into the Iron Age and continue (exactly what I did when I started during the winter event).

Anyone who continues staying in the bronze age after multiple pushes from Inno Games (donating to GBs, DCs, events, etc) is actively choosing to camp in the BA. Simple as that. I just followed the pushes the Inno gave me when I started and went into the IA. Like almost every new player would do.

This is only an issue for more experienced players who are choosing to stay in the BA, because the majority of new players are like sheep following Inno Games directions (I was), and won't be in the BA for more than a couple days. Even then, the solution is so easy: tech up and leave the Bronze Age. If there is a blocker, it's self imposed because you want to stay in the BA for whatever reason you choose (they're all bad).

This is my opinion and experience. Not a flaming troll post. I honestly don't view this as an issue, even for the exceptional few that choose to make it one for themselves.

plinker2

If you join a guild, (hopefully), these things will be explained to you. Now, eveyone relax and play the game, how about it?

Agent327

If you join a guild, (hopefully), these things will be explained to you. Now, eveyone relax and play the game, how about it?

He does not need any explanation. He knows, but likes to pretend to start a discussion.

He knows all about the prime directive. Strange you do not know about that being a mod.

plinker2

At times. it is better to try and guide people than to pound on them. Maybe he did not know. Now he does. As I said, relax and play the game.

DeletedUser

At times. it is better to try and guide people than to pound on them. Maybe he did not know. Now he does. As I said, relax and play the game.
You can only guide people who accept guidance. The OP on this thread merely wants to complain about ridiculous stuff and then troll everyone that responds. Honestly, you should have closed this thread after the first page.

Status
Not open for further replies.