• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Building "boxes" (Not sure what else to call it)

AsuranDragoon

So I'm not sure when it changed but I ignored it for awhile because I thought it was a bug and would get fixed but now it's getting annoying. When I try to move buildings I am now grabbing buildings I am not meaning to. Earlier had to enter reconstruction mode just to move a road because it kept grabbing the arch for the butterfly house. Same thing for constructing/selling buildings in certain spots if another building is even barely covering the spot (or not even covering. One spot behind one of the fields for the farm is almost impossible to use now even though it's not covering it at all). Same thing for collections. Collecting from buildings I am not even meaning to click on. It's especially awful in settlements and most especially in the Mughal Empire one. Keep grabbing Chhatris when trying to interact with something behind them.

Looking forward to this getting fixed because I am not sure I could stand to remodel my city with this going on. Can barely stand to play in it.

Johnny B. Goode

This is a by-product of an unannounced (stealth) change to how buildings are collected. They changed it so you need to click on the icon above the building instead of the actual building to collect. Not only is it inconsistent in its working (sometimes you can click on the building to collect and sometimes you can't), but it has also affected the placing/moving of buildings. It is highly annoying and only helps a small minority of players that want to collect small (1x1, 2x2) buildings individually. Although technically it doesn't really help them when you think about it very much. The unintended consequences of the change far outweigh the questionable benefits of it.

DreadfulCadillac

This is a by-product of an unannounced (stealth) change to how buildings are collected. They changed it so you need to click on the icon above the building instead of the actual building to collect. Not only is it inconsistent in its working (sometimes you can click on the building to collect and sometimes you can't), but it has also affected the placing/moving of buildings. It is highly annoying and only helps a small minority of players that want to collect small (1x1, 2x2) buildings individually. Although technically it doesn't really help them when you think about it very much. The unintended consequences of the change far outweigh the questionable benefits of it.
This is one of the worst features ever introduced, in the history of foe. I keep accidentally collecting the wrong thing its horrible.

jimakoskx

Yes ..it is very annoing and many times dangerous !
And with all the respect to the developer team,,,i dont think that
is a fix ,,,but a bug meaning they may developed for mobiles and that affected pc negativelly.

What i mean?..It is not that they wanted to be possible pick from label.
Its just that the label became "visible to mouse"

Here is my ticket for any reference.
PickupTicket.png

qaccy

From what I've observed, it's both. Buildings are still directly clickable as before, but that clickable area is now also extended to any icons that may be above the building to indicate collection, disconnection, or even just the building being aided. I've found it to be rather annoying as well, especially with regard to the Blue Galaxy because I want to ensure that I'm collecting from specific buildings with that active. It's caused me to offset my BG collection 'group' from the rest of my city to ensure that I don't collect from the wrong buildings on accident.

Johnny B. Goode

From what I've observed, it's both. Buildings are still directly clickable as before, but that clickable area is now also extended to any icons that may be above the building to indicate collection, disconnection, or even just the building being aided.
Buildings are not still directly clickable. I read this shortly after you wrote it and waited to make very sure that it was wrong before replying about it. You have to click on the icon. If you click on the building anywhere other than the icon it does nothing.

xivarmy

Buildings are not still directly clickable. I read this shortly after you wrote it and waited to make very sure that it was wrong before replying about it. You have to click on the icon. If you click on the building anywhere other than the icon it does nothing.
For me, buildings are clickable as long as there's not a box sitting on top of where you're clicking (in which case the box takes priority). Clicking the box is the 100% reliable option to pick your BG collections.

The weirdest effect has been small rearrangements where I often can't hit the exact spot I want to without difficulty when moving buildings (i've had to go into reconstruction mode just to do a simple move at times, stash the thing in front, place the building where i want it, then put back the front building) - but my understanding is this part of the change is a bug that's expected to be fixed.

Johnny B. Goode

For me, buildings are clickable as long as there's not a box sitting on top of where you're clicking (in which case the box takes priority).
This is not my experience. I try clicking on the building itself and am unable to collect, as I said nothing happens. I have to click directly on the icon to collect. That's the way it's been on all my worlds since this stealth feature was slipped into the game.

xivarmy

This is not my experience. I try clicking on the building itself and am unable to collect, as I said nothing happens. I have to click directly on the icon to collect. That's the way it's been on all my worlds since this stealth feature was slipped into the game.
Interesting. This on mobile or browser?

Angry.Blanket

For me, buildings are clickable as long as there's not a box sitting on top of where you're clicking (in which case the box takes priority). Clicking the box is the 100% reliable option to pick your BG collections.

The weirdest effect has been small rearrangements where I often can't hit the exact spot I want to without difficulty when moving buildings (i've had to go into reconstruction mode just to do a simple move at times, stash the thing in front, place the building where i want it, then put back the front building) - but my understanding is this part of the change is a bug that's expected to be fixed.
I am having the same problem not being able to place buildings sometimes, drives you mad, like you said you have to move something so there is nothing close or it wont hit the spot you are trying for. :(

Pericles the Lion

Sorry, I'm just not seeing how this is a problem. I have a total of 5 cities, play exclusively on PC, and only my main city has a BG. When collecting my minor cities I swipe the mouse all over the city so the change does not affect me at all. I suppose that sometimes I'm collecting the box, other times the building. Regardless, the result is the same. On my main city, I collect the BG first then the specific buildings where I want the BG bonus. After that, I use the 5 diamond collect. In practice, the change gives me a more precise target to mouse over before clicking (especially when collecting the small buildings such as Trailside Smithy and Cartographers). Maybe the change has a negative impact on mobile players but I fail to understand how it negatively affects PC players.

Johnny B. Goode

Sorry, I'm just not seeing how this is a problem. I have a total of 5 cities, play exclusively on PC, and only my main city has a BG. When collecting my minor cities I swipe the mouse all over the city so the change does not affect me at all. I suppose that sometimes I'm collecting the box, other times the building. Regardless, the result is the same. On my main city, I collect the BG first then the specific buildings where I want the BG bonus. After that, I use the 5 diamond collect. In practice, the change gives me a more precise target to mouse over before clicking (especially when collecting the small buildings such as Trailside Smithy and Cartographers). Maybe the change has a negative impact on mobile players but I fail to understand how it negatively affects PC players.
Then don't worry about it. It's a minor annoyance anyway, unlike a lot of their stupid changes lately.

AsuranDragoon

I'm a PC player and other than precision collecting no longer being a thing (like for event quests) switching buildings around is really inconvenient now. I didn't have much time for it before this, now, I won't even bother. With all the extra stuff required for placing some buildings in some locations it's beyond annoying.

Pericles the Lion

I'm a PC player and other than precision collecting no longer being a thing (like for event quests) switching buildings around is really inconvenient now. I didn't have much time for it before this, now, I won't even bother. With all the extra stuff required for placing some buildings in some locations it's beyond annoying.
Select the "Move" option in the build menu, mouse over the building you want to move, wait for the tool tip to appear confirming that you have the correct building, click, move to new position. Just like always. Or, better yet, use the reconstruction mode.

xivarmy

Select the "Move" option in the build menu, mouse over the building you want to move, wait for the tool tip to appear confirming that you have the correct building, click, move to new position. Just like always. Or, better yet, use the reconstruction mode.
It snaps to weird positions when there's a building in front of where you want to place it now. It can sometimes seem impossible to get it aligned.

Yes, reconstruction mode works. But it's a nuisance when it's just a simple little move that shouldn't take that extreme.

Ebeondi Asi

you can move it, try moving it to the spot (one up, plus one to right) next to where you want it. The snap out of position may hit your real target
I was able to place impossible to get in Sentinels that way.

Ironrooster

It snaps to weird positions when there's a building in front of where you want to place it now. It can sometimes seem impossible to get it aligned.

Yes, reconstruction mode works. But it's a nuisance when it's just a simple little move that shouldn't take that extreme.
Unfortunately, there is no reconstruction in settlements. I frequently have residences unconnected (to save space) and cannot access the tile underneath the unconnected icon either to place a road, delete a road, or move it. Also small buildings of 1 or 2 tiles under the icon are very difficult or impossible to access.