• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Calling out CR spots?

• Thread starter DeletedUser31359
  • Start date

DeletedUser31359

Hello everyone,

My guild is going through growing pains; do you know how the system works when each guild member calls out a number or a CR spot on a GB?

I founded my guild 3 months ago and this has *just* become an issue.

Thank you ahead of time,
Bou

Emberguard

Never used that term and I assume you mean "contribution rewards"?

It's easy:
> post GB attachment
> post the positions you want taken. EG: "1st + 2nd available"

Someone else:
> Posts the position they're taking. EG: "1st"
> It's not necessary to wait for the previous players spots to be taken before posting your own. If multiple GBs have spots still available to claim then also state the owners name that you are claiming for. If a GB hasn't had its stated spots taken and appears to be getting buried it's courteous to mention the GB and owner still has a spot available.
> they should close and reopen the thread so it reloads the order of messages. If cross-posting occurs then whoevers message went through first receives that spot.
> they then place the amount on the GB

It's also important that everyone in the guild know the rules of the thread. Is it the owner or the contributors responsibility to secure the position? A 1.9 thread would need spots secured by the owner before posting. A any amount type thread would be upto the contributor to secure and they'd need to decide if that position is worth it before claiming the spot

It should look something like this. For a smaller guild where there's less activity it may be necessary to state the current lvl of your GB to prevent confusion after it's lvl'd:
upload_2019-4-4_16-42-45.png

Also works best if the guild has a "no unsolicited contributions" policy. If the owner hasn't posted the GB and stated the position available then don't put anything in

Last edited:

EnamIccug

Personally, I'm not a fan of attaching a GB and then requesting which spots you want. It makes it more difficult to see which previously-listed spots are still unfilled, and doesn't allow investors to quickly see which spots are still available. Whenever possible, I like to encourage people to use the "banner and list" approach, where you list your GB (and spots) below any still-unclaimed spots. It makes it a lot easier for everybody involved.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 9.13.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 9.13.18 AM.png
    272.1 KB · Views: 20

ODragon

Personally, I'm not a fan of attaching a GB and then requesting which spots you want. It makes it more difficult to see which previously-listed spots are still unfilled, and doesn't allow investors to quickly see which spots are still available. Whenever possible, I like to encourage people to use the "banner and list" approach, where you list your GB (and spots) below any still-unclaimed spots. It makes it a lot easier for everybody involved.
YMMV, just depends. My main world attaches, my diamond farm banners. I am much more a fan of the attaches.

DeletedUser29726

I find text more convenient - with the copy and paste list carrying forward any untaken spots so they don't get buried but not really with the banners. You can't see what the most recent posting is without opening the thread if the first line is a banner (particularly important if you find yourself on a lot of different threads and don't intend to open them all that you can just scan over and see if there's any that might have something you're interested in)

DeletedUser27889

In my guild we post a link but also carry a text chain for the 1.9 thread.

The person responding removes the spot they are taking from the list and adds whatever they need at the bottom of the list and reposts before they add. Our text chain always shows the positions open for the following person.

Say the list is:
Longshanks ToR 1-2
Boudica LoA 1-2

I need my Traz 1-2 but can take firsts on everyone above me. I post a link to my traz then I post
LongShanks ToR 2
Bousicia LoA 2
Manda Traz 1-2

This makes sure people don't get skipped and people can list multiple GBs at a time. The links were requested to make it easier on mobile players, the list is needed to maintain order. We can talk in thread if need be (for whatever reason) we just always post the list at the bottom of what we say. Everyone knows exactly what is needed at first glance, no need to scroll unless you're looking for the link.

BruteForceAttack

Hello everyone,

My guild is going through growing pains; do you know how the system works when each guild member calls out a number or a CR spot on a GB?

I founded my guild 3 months ago and this has *just* become an issue.

Thank you ahead of time,
Bou

In our 1.9, we limit the gbs posted to 3. So when there are no pending gbs our thread will look like..
Open
Open
Open

Now let's say I want to post my arc then I will post

Bfa arc 3 (123) 2(456) 1(890)
Open
Open

Next let's say you want to take 1st on my arc, you will post

Bfa arc 3 (123) 2(456)
Open
Open

Next let's say abed wants to post his arc he will post

Bfa arc 3 (123) 2(456) 1(890)
Abed arc 5 4
Open

Some folks post only spots others post required for. Some also include other text, e.g levels now etc