• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Can being a balanced player work long term?

planetofthehumans2

I'm pretty balanced. I do the negotiations for sc and I fight. But I also have the traz and attack buildings to support me in gbg. I also do a lot of daily quests for hundreds of goods to pay for negotiation. Inno for people, traz for happy? Its a solid 10k smiles at level 9. I deleted my habitat and concentrated on my inno. The goods gb's become a real pain in the a once you have to make refined goods, the quests become a better source of goods and then you get SAA players with blacksmith cities.

The whole game is a game of balance really. If you have too many houses you need more smiles and supplies, if you have too many goods building then you need more coin/supply, if you have too many FP building then you run out of coin/supply/goods to unlock techs.

DeletedUser40546

I myself, trying to be a balanced players will contribute close to amount of goods vs. Fights that I put into the GBG an GE every week so the others are right if you're going to fight you got to have an Alcatraz I myself and one step further and even got buildings to plunder the great buildings that give you bonuses for those like the Voyager 1 and Atlantis Museum just for the simple fact that I like to fight. As the other comments you got to be one of the other I myself I like to fight better than the goods aspect so but yeah you're going to have to make a decision here coming up. Before you start getting the later ages in your city starts to get to capacity you'll you'll understand what I mean.

Aggressor

You know, I just dont see the concept of balance as your game progresses. If you dedicated half of your city to farming, you arent super effective as a farmer. And you wont be able to compete against the fighters if you have only half of your city reserved for fighting. So, in early ages, you can do both. But why? You wont be great at either if you keep on trying to make both work alongside each other. I am getting a head start on my fighting city (I am one age above you), and it is crucial because now I have a plan for what GBs to build and level, which event buildings to target and which ones to pass, etc. Doing both will work for you early on, but it won't later down the road, and you'll be left being a mediocre fighter and a mediocre farmer and having to compete with people who fight as a trade or farm as a trade. Better to get a head start. And do not miss the traz. It will probably help you even if you do not fight a lot because it will allow you to fight more. Better get it now than have nothing later when you realize you need it. That's my two cents.

DeletedUser40546

You know, I just dont see the concept of balance as your game progresses. If you dedicated half of your city to farming, you arent super effective as a farmer. And you wont be able to compete against the fighters if you have only half of your city reserved for fighting. So, in early ages, you can do both. But why? You wont be great at either if you keep on trying to make both work alongside each other. I am getting a head start on my fighting city (I am one age above you), and it is crucial because now I have a plan for what GBs to build and level, which event buildings to target and which ones to pass, etc. Doing both will work for you early on, but it won't later down the road, and you'll be left being a mediocre fighter and a mediocre farmer and having to compete with people who fight as a trade or farm as a trade. Better to get a head start. And do not miss the traz. It will probably help you even if you do not fight a lot because it will allow you to fight more. Better get it now than have nothing later when you realize you need it. That's my two cents.
100% an agreement