• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Can I get Postmodern troops while still in Modern Era?

• Thread starter DeletedUser27184
  • Start date

DeletedUser27184

At previous ages I managed to go one age forward on the continent map, and get troops. For example, while in HMA I manage to get the LMA troops (Quests from the LMA continent map allow that).
Now I am at modern ear. I wondered if I can hit the Postmodern era map, and get PM troops?
I tried to check the PM quests and it seems that the quests that reward troops needs you to also have some advances in the tech tree up to PM as well.

So, I wondered if someone mange to get PM troops while still at Modern era?

DeletedUser24787

post was edited upon request

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27184

Thanks, that is really helpful, I will continue to push into PM continent map.

Do you remember the quest name/area that you needed to conquest?

DeletedUser24787

post details were edited upon request

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

yes i have them and i am in progressive i managed to get 1 PME champ and 2 long range artillery units along with 5 commandos

I can't remember how I did it, but I was using PME Troops in Progressive.
I wrote a few articles here in the forums, last year, about it.
I just finished the entire Contemporary Era continent map.

financial-dog-meme.jpg

And I don't remember getting quests that awarded CE troops.

DeletedUser28903

Wow, I am in EMA getting close to HMA, conquered the battle tower province and I would LOVE to get troops. All I need is one HMA troop to throw against one neighbor with 2 spear defense and I will win the HMA tower this week.

wolfhoundtoo

Yes that is essentially what people do. You have to complete enough of the questline (which involves the continental map).

DeletedUser27184

Which means you have to push with your EMA troops into the HMA continent map(or through negotiations that include HMA goods). Conquer a few areas, and you will get the quest that reward with HMA troops. Its a bit of a hassle to do it, unless you are in a rather low age (its rather easy to push into HMA), or you gonna park for a few months in an age, and its worth the extra effort.

DeletedUser25427

So, these PME troops, are they from quests on the northern route? I left Sot Dam Lay unconquered to pursue the southern route where I am about to 'Finish her off' and capture Dong Bong Song. I only got I commando before but he was KIA so it would be good to get some more especially as no one in my hood is fighting for the PME tower.