• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Can you explain the Merchant Boost in the Friends Tavern Shop

DeletedUser24443

What exactly does this mean:
Grants you a 1:5 ratio for all trades with the merchants in the market for 4h!

Thank you.

DeletedUser27184

Your natural merchants will always exchange goods at the rate of 1:10.
With this buff you can trade and exchange goods with the natural merchants at 1:5 rate. So if you have a problem with trades, you have an alternative.

I would recommend, that if you use this buff, gather tons of goods first, then take the best buff (1:3 iirc), and do a mass exchange.

Bob the Elf

Yeah, well... finding a better guild sounds cheaper. If I'm reading this right, you're saying that instead of paying 10 Stone for 1 Wine, I can spend 8,000 Tavern silver and change that to 5 Stone for 1 Wine for a duration of 4 hours? HA!

Yeah, if one were to get that desperate, I'd consider some other change in tactics. Sounds like a waste of code.

wolfhoundtoo

Yeah, well... finding a better guild sounds cheaper. If I'm reading this right, you're saying that instead of paying 10 Stone for 1 Wine, I can spend 8,000 Tavern silver and change that to 5 Stone for 1 Wine for a duration of 4 hours? HA!

Yeah, if one were to get that desperate, I'd consider some other change in tactics. Sounds like a waste of code.

Mostly I agree with you. But if you absolutely want some goods and can't wait then it might have it's place. Not all players are willing to spend the time in chat to find friends or a guild (that or I really am on during the off peak times.) :p

DeletedUser25273

I can see limited cases where this does make sense. If you are top age person in your guild, and world is sort of new so you are also near the top of the world, the opportunities to trade with others for the good might be lacking, so merchant trades may be needed. At 10:1, it is better to produce unboosted if you have a significant need for the goods, but 5:1 makes it equal to unboosted production and 4:1 and 3:1 are better than unboosted (but still a lot worse than normal same age trade ratios).

DeletedUser32148

I agree that this boost is a total waste of code.
Makes you wonder if some organic substance was in use when they came up with it.
( no offense intended)