• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Can you please tweak Titan troops. They suck

xivarmy

I keep wondering how besides getting rid of keen eye.
*if* they wanted to change the troops to make fighting easier, the simplest option is merely adding an additional tile's worth of range or movement (after scaling) to the permafrost drone so it could reach a wider variety of targets on the first turn. You'd then dominate with 8 permafrosts vs everything at low attrition. Their limitation is that 4 of the drones on the starting line can only reach a single unit from a single end position - so some of them waste their first turn if they lost that spot to move to or if their one target is already dead - and damage gets distributed highly inefficiently allowing extra units to fire back.

But I find troops are "fine" as is. The way it's setup now, you're supposed to be encouraged to try and find a way to work-in the OP artillery (and is it ever OP!) with the limitation that it can't hit fasts.

Darkest.Knight

I can use rogue again in SAT, hadn't in quite a while; after accumulating 7000 I removed my camp. In quite a few matchups rogues work really well; quite like the returned damage using grenadier/rogue combos.

planetofthehumans2

the main thing that makes GBG worse for Titan is the orbitals on the enemy side, flipping rogues earlier. They do damage even if you only have fliers and rogues in your army because the orbitals can damage fliers by hitting neighbouring rogues.
Usually I just do the permafrosts, after enough fights the entire fight screne is filled with damaged units and I'm not scrolling all the way to the end to find healthy rouges.

But it's the keen eye that other units hit my permafrosts and just one shot kill multiple units on my side on the first round. Like I already have the AO, I don't need the keen eye and yet it seems like I have 1% luck with the same on my end. This is just trying to survive the last couple battles on ge 5. In gbg I'm not very concerned about the battles because I can get up to at least 80 attrition which could be like several hundred fights per day.

Sharmon the Impaler

Can someone please tell me the difference between Inno deciding to abitrarily remove 40% of your defense on attack stat and them "adding Keen Eye" ? They are selling us defense then clawing it back after we buy/earn it and then just calling it something "fun" so we don't feel like we are getting ripped off.

planetofthehumans2

no,.like I said it is the orbitals. They have the same power as turturrets and rocket troop. They flip all your rogues, then the enemy troops come in for the kill, all on the first round of combat before all your troops get a chance to hit.
But they can't hit flying which is the biggest reason you can't just use them in any fight or fast GBG race. So even if it's just all permafrosts and you kept them at the back of the line for the first turn, the light units (?) with the range can one hit kill the permafrosts and the disadvantage is so great it takes multiple hits to kill. But if you had orbitals on your side, the enemy will come on over and one shot kill the orbitals and then you can't take out the rest of the units that you were saving the permafrost to kill the one permafrost on.

But it's a double edged sword because if you take something away from the enemy, you take it from yourself. So if you reduce range for them then you can't hit them first turn either.

xivarmy

But they can't hit flying which is the biggest reason you can't just use them in any fight or fast GBG race. So even if it's just all permafrosts and you kept them at the back of the line for the first turn, the light units (?) with the range can one hit kill the permafrosts and the disadvantage is so great it takes multiple hits to kill. But if you had orbitals on your side, the enemy will come on over and one shot kill the orbitals and then you can't take out the rest of the units that you were saving the permafrost to kill the one permafrost on.

But it's a double edged sword because if you take something away from the enemy, you take it from yourself. So if you reduce range for them then you can't hit them first turn either.
It's the ranged units that can usually hit on the first turn, but after the permafrosts move. The lights and heavies can only reach the permafrosts because they moved forward first.

But the ranged would want rogues as a partner to absorb permafrost hits - but those rogues move last and eat splash damage from orbitals.

So it turns into 8 permafrost is the only thing that works against everything to varying degrees.

But there are better troop setups against many specific armies. That just interferes with peoples desire to hammer autobattle multiple times until their army is dying and then load a new army.

planetofthehumans2

It's the ranged units that can usually hit on the first turn, but after the permafrosts move. The lights and heavies can only reach the permafrosts because they moved forward first.

But the ranged would want rogues as a partner to absorb permafrost hits - but those rogues move last and eat splash damage from orbitals.

So it turns into 8 permafrost is the only thing that works against everything to varying degrees.

But there are better troop setups against many specific armies. That just interferes with peoples desire to hammer autobattle multiple times until their army is dying and then load a new army.
Can you advise me on battle 78 an 79 in GEX? :p Seems like nothing I try works and I have to neg it, although there's several hundred % between my attack and theirs so maybe I'm just not there yet.

xivarmy

Can you advise me on battle 78 an 79 in GEX? :p Seems like nothing I try works and I have to neg it, although there's several hundred % between my attack and theirs so maybe I'm just not there yet.
If you're way behind their bonuses, you have to make orbitals work with just enough other stuff to kill the fasts. There's not enough artillery for fasts to convey a significant advantage anymore for those 2 fights and you need some sort of advantage to make up a stat deficit.

I'd try something like 4 orbitals, 2 rogues, 2 (ranged?). Take out enemy orbitals before they can make a mess of your troops. The rogues will hopefully absorb some of the ranged hits. and the ranged can hit any flyers and heavies that go into stealth. Particularly in the first wave you'll need good AO/Keen Eye luck - both in procs for you and lack of KE procs for them - in order to have a strong army for the 2nd wave.

Of course my current SAT world doesn't do GE5 (it's a diamond mine that's made no priority to getting defending army bonuses) so I can't guarantee at what level it'll work.

My high era GE5 world is in SAV right now - and negotiating the last 4 (was only last 3 in other eras, but SAV artillery can't be countered as readily by flyers so once i fall behind in boost significantly it just stops working). Hope to be in SAT in a month or so there and then I'll see how it goes :)

honey55

I use what someone advised on beta and manual battle. I also buy the fort for 79. Occasionally i have had to try twice. For both i use 1 fast, 3 rogues and 4 6cannons.

I use to add blue defense til i got mine over 1800

Last edited:

Coach Zuck

as I keep saying, I'm talking about the troops you're fighting not your own. They flip your rogues and even if you're just using rogues and flyers, they will deal damage to your flyers and prep them (flipping the rogues) to get hit by the remaining enemy troops on the first round of combat.

This is hands down the reason titan is much harder, and your "double edged sword" doesn't apply because other than a few enemy troop combinations at super high attrition,.nobody is using the orbitals justifiably.

xivarmy

as I keep saying, I'm talking about the troops you're fighting not your own. They flip your rogues and even if you're just using rogues and flyers, they will deal damage to your flyers and prep them (flipping the rogues) to get hit by the remaining enemy troops on the first round of combat.

This is hands down the reason titan is much harder, and your "double edged sword" doesn't apply because other than a few enemy troop combinations at super high attrition,.nobody is using the orbitals justifiably.
You don't use rogues with flyers. No rogues to hit. No damage to flyers. (also the flyers will have moved forward before the artillery fire, so only converted rogues will take splash damage).

The "problem" for flyers is they're not quite as rangy as in other ages where you default to 8 flyers (SAM/SAV optionally/SAJM optionally)

Pericles the Lion

At attrition over 100 I use 8 Orbiters whenever the defending army has no fast units. I haven't counted the number of troop configurations but I'd say that there are more than just a few configurations that have no fast units.

xivarmy

Last edited:

honey55

I accidentally said i auto battle. I corrected it. I manual battle all of the last 4. Ive never tried to auto battle them. I hope i didn't mess anyone up