• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Chain of Command Technology.

xivarmy

Indy is abbreviated to InA. I've never seen someone use IA to refer to indy
If it's "obvious" which is being referred to I will use IA for either. If i feel it needs to be distinguished, I use IrA and InA.

And if it's obvious you're talking to a newbie you might just want to write out Iron Age as abbreviations can be stressful for new players, even commonly used ones - they're hard to read.

PJS299

If it's "obvious" which is being referred to I will use IA for either. If i feel it needs to be distinguished, I use IrA and InA.

And if it's obvious you're talking to a newbie you might just want to write out Iron Age as abbreviations can be stressful for new players, even commonly used ones - they're hard to read.
Don't you just love abbreviations?

"Put 30 FP on Traz then I'll flip and you'll get the BPs for GB + 1.9 FP if lvl 80 Arc from FE."
"SL A1 in 45 then when [guild abb.] gets close flip and poof off of A2. Then build camp and gem it to get the VPs and win GBG."
"Drop GvG sector after recalc then load it." :( GvG

Or you could really confuse them and instead of Traz put GS. Send them searching for 30 minutes trying to find what the heck the GS is.
It's the Gaea Statue from AF

Last edited:

Emberguard

Pretty much this ^

If someone's asking "what's Chain of Command?" they've probably only just seen the Battlegrounds statue, clicked on it and seen the game tell them "unlock Chain of Command"

That means they're either still in Bronze Age (you can see the Battlegrounds statue as soon as the Tutorial is over), or they've just reached Iron Age. If they're that new to the game, chances of them even being in a Guild yet are relatively low. The chances of them knowing any of the abbreviations is even lower