• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] change to daily treasure hunt??

• Thread starter DeletedUser10933
  • Start date

DeletedUser10933

a big thrill of the ship was a score on a 10fp going to my bank

now today after the update, and missing the overnight 8 hours section, the 2fp that the hunt dropped went str8
to the FP bar at the top of the screen.

Does anyone know did they change this? Treasure hunt no longer banks the packages won?

spend them when you get them
cause that sucks !!!

JC

jlshetler

I don't like it either, but it was mentioned in the last update announcement. This will make it harder for players to go through a new set of technologies very quickly when new ages, or parts of an age, are released. I'm sure that was intentional as a way of slowing down the game. Just like promethium as a tech requirement.

DeletedUser26965

They have an announcement page that gives you the details of changes.

centaurgod

Yes, the 'nerfed' the Treasure Hunt. You can no longer save those precious 10-packs for later use. This also applies to 'Premium packages' as was stated in the 1.94 notice. This means you cannot dump/add a 'large' amount of FP to the tech-tree when you age-up, nor can you add a bunch to a GB to get it initially built, or add to an existing build (yours, or a friends) to level it up faster. This WAS an important strategy point in the game.

from INNO's 1.94 announcement
""We replaced Forge Point Packages with direct Forge Points in Treasure Hunt and in Premium Packages.""

jlshetler

What does "Premium Packages" mean in this context? It seems the 5-FP Package random quest award is still working.

DeletedUser8152

I think it is the FP you can buy for money, like in the "Research Pack" you can get for $5.99.

DeletedUser27051

It seems strange to me that they are making changes that no one requested and are doing it solely because THEY feel it will improve the game. I really like this game but my perception of the devs is not too high at this moment.

wolfhoundtoo

It seems strange to me that they are making changes that no one requested and are doing it solely because THEY feel it will improve the game. I really like this game but my perception of the devs is not too high at this moment.

That's what developers do: they make changes to the game that THEY think are necessary because they are the developers. :confused:

As a general rule I'd say the developers are more likely to consider over all game balance when making decisions then players who mostly react to how they are impacted (yes that includes me. :cool:). Mind you I can't say I understand why they think this change was needed but your post seems to think that you should get veto power. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser27051

That's what developers do: they make changes to the game that THEY think are necessary because they are the developers. :confused:

As a general rule I'd say the developers are more likely to consider over all game balance when making decisions then players who mostly react to how they are impacted (yes that includes me. :cool:). Mind you I can't say I understand why they think this change was needed but your post seems to think that you should get veto power. :rolleyes:
I would love veto power.

DeletedUser10933

I 2nd VETO power :)

bunch of dorks, the treasure hunt was fine as it was. now its just spend them when you get them like my GBs care