• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.102 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please comment here or visit us on Facebook! :)

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser24075

Why is there no effort to improve the app and experience on the ipad? There are so many things that are different. For one, a fundamental part of the game GvG can not be experienced on a hand held.

DeletedUser8152

Why is there no effort to improve the app and experience on the ipad? There are so many things that are different. For one, a fundamental part of the game GvG can not be experienced on a hand held.
The devs have basically stated that GvG will not be ported to mobile, I'm afraid. So this is not a place to get your expectations up.

DeletedUser2355

Ok, so I see the depiction of mobile devices was used for this announcement. Unclear if the changes are for PC version or only mobile. In any case I will assume it is for PC version.

I would sure like to see INNO address the awful lag in GvG. I saw in the comments above that the devs have indicated they will not likely bring GvG to mobile. I have always been suspicious that they will eventually phase out GvG overall. I must say however if they are not going to phase it out then the lag should take priority over all these other fixes please. For me getting this fixed is more important than anything else right now. It has been months if not a year already since this became a major issue for many players. It really needs to be addressed.

As for the mobile APP. I agree with the sentiment posted by Jammer3005. The app version of this game lacks some of the features/functionality available via the PC version. Examples of items lacking in the mobile app version are:

-GvG has already been mentioned.

-Guild forum: As founder of guilds in three worlds I rely on the guilds forum for many topics that need to be frequently referenced. I am now learning that many of our new players are exclusively accessing the game via the mobile app and cannot benefit from the wealth of information posted in our guilds forum.

-The battle maps: The rendering of the battle field and terrain is sometimes ambiguous. This makes it hard to fully exploit troops characteristics such as hiding in bushes in the case of the eel. There is no way to confirm the type of terrain of any given sector prior to moving your unit. In the PC version you can hover over a sector and confirm it's nature prior to moving your unit there.

-There is no indicator to let you know that you have items that need collecting like on the PC version.

-There is no indicator to let you know that you have a dormant building that needs to be put into production.

-I do not believe there is a collect all button like in the PC version.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am so grateful that an APP was finally developed. I just wonder why it does not seem to be up to par with the PC version so long after it's introduction. Above are just some of the functionalities missing from the APP version. There may be others. Does it make sense to have APP players intermingled with PC players since there is a disparity in the availability of some functions?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

Does it make sense to have APP players intermingled with PC players since there is a disparity in the availability of some functions?
Nope, especially for GvG, basically mobile players are dead weight if they're in a guild that has any GvG aspirations. Though they can use the Puffin Browser app it's something most mobile players don't know about or won't use anyway. I've had a feeling for a while now Inno wants GvG gone anyway, at least the form it's in now. Perhaps they'll develop something similar for both platforms and just do away with GvG. Unless of course they think GE is supposed to do that which would just be horrible. I'd don't want to just compare scores to other guilds.

DeletedUser26120

Why is it not mentioned that scout times were updated? EN thread has it.

• After looking at your feedback regarding the scouting times for provinces on the campaign map, we checked them again and decided to shorten them for provinces of the Arctic Future and the Oceanic Future. They will not surpass 3 days any more. Some examples:
    The Grotto (Arctic Future): 24 hours (before: 48 hours)
    Upper Grotto (Oceanic Future): 48 hours (before: 60 hours)
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/update-to-1-102.33560/

And what about lord's manor coins?

DeletedUser29236

Suddenly my app won't load on iPad, so I'm hoping this is the upgrade!

DeletedUser27284

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please comment here or visit us on Facebook! :)

Sincerely,

Sincerely,

the text in the new dialogue is a bit too small to read clearly.

i have the same trouble trying to read the tavern texts.

qaccy

This is more of a forum feedback thing. Would it be possible to also include a link to the referenced announcement in these feedback threads? The announcements do include links to the feedback threads, but I feel it should be a two-way street in that regard for...reasons. :p Just my opinion!

cbalto1927

Have anyone noticed that after the changelog update, scouting on Continent maps became much easier. Oceanic Future from 3 days plus down to under 2 days. Now i can complete the Oceanic Future map before the next event. It about time something good come from it :)

Last edited:

Toppcatt

I am wondering when they are going to put the Pole Houses into the Aid Priority button?

The Pole House has been out for quite some time now, and yet the Lord's Manor suddenly gets priority on getting it put into the Aid priorities before the Pole House. When they took away the option to Motivate our own buildings, I now have 1 or 2 of my Pole Houses only giving me Coins when it doesn't get Motivated, and I have them up in my city for the Medals, which they need to be Motivated to get. The only way I can see to help myself right now, is to use either a 1-up or regular Reno Kit, to make it AFE instead of just FE.

And for a subject off topic here, I have to laugh at the "new member" under my name, when the date shows I've been a forum member here since 8-24-13. That certainly is NOT a new member. LOL

Last edited:

DeletedUser

And for a subject off topic here, I have to laugh at the "new member" under my name, when the date shows I've been a forum member here since 8-24-13. That certainly is NOT a new member. LOL
Pretty sure that's based on # of posts, not longevity.

lavty

Sincerely,

I am posting here because there was a update today, Friday June 2nd, to iPad that fixed the relic issue in Ge, but also added a 'bounce' effect to in-game windows. I have tried to deal with it, but when scrolling through quest windows, I can feel the strain on my eyes, which causes a headache after a few minutes of playing. I did not see this effect in beta prior, or else I might have voiced my concern then.

It isn't the end of the world, but there needs to be a way to disable it, as soon as possible, or else I will just have to quit playing until it gets resolved. I play 95% of the time on the iPad, so there is no easier way for me.

****update - support informed me this would be resolved in the next ipad update, which hopefully means soon...

Last edited:

DeletedUser29283

Even since the update, the game has been painful. It takes up to 20 minutes to load and up to 3 minutes to respond when I click on something. It eventually causes the browser to crash. It had been working fine before the update and it is only this site that causes any kind of problems. I've resorted to disabling animations to no avail. Surely it's not just me?

DeletedUser25272

I am posting here because there was a update today, Friday June 2nd, to iPad that fixed the relic issue in Ge, but also added a 'bounce' effect to in-game windows. I have tried to deal with it, but when scrolling through quest windows, I can feel the strain on my eyes, which causes a headache after a few minutes of playing. I did not see this effect in beta prior, or else I might have voiced my concern then.

It isn't the end of the world, but there needs to be a way to disable it, as soon as possible, or else I will just have to quit playing until it gets resolved. I play 95% of the time on the iPad, so there is no easier way for me.

****update - support informed me this would be resolved in the next ipad update, which hopefully means soon...

So glad they're expecting to fix it soon. I have a headache and am mildly nauseous.

DeletedUser25272

Not ju
Even since the update, the game has been painful. It takes up to 20 minutes to load and up to 3 minutes to respond when I click on something. It eventually causes the browser to crash. It had been working fine before the update and it is only this site that causes any kind of problems. I've resorted to disabling animations to no avail. Surely it's not just me?
It's not just you, I've been having the same problem... which is a huge bummer because I just updated the mobile client and the new window bounce has given me a headache and made me kind of nauseous, so I basically can't play at all right now.