• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.60 - Feedback

DeletedUser1084

Please give us your feedback and suggestions for the Changelog 1.60 update. We are interested in hearing your thoughts!!

Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser11609

The new messaging system is almost done? Even though it's being trashed soundly in beta.....
You haven't learned anything about actually using feedback, instead you intend to proceed with putting out a badly designed, ugly looking, hard to read messaging system....
Well played Inno...well played. :blink:

DeletedUser23144

The new messaging system is almost done? Even though it's being trashed soundly in beta.....
You haven't learned anything about actually using feedback, instead you intend to proceed with putting out a badly designed, ugly looking, hard to read messaging system....

MAYBE THEY DID DO SOME FIXING I DON'T KNOW BUT TIL I SEE IT I CAN'T COMPLAIN.

DeletedUser11448

Complements

Please give us your feedback and suggestions for the Changelog 1.60 update. We are interested in hearing your thoughts!!

I really like all the timely updates you accomplish. Just giving you a little of my back ground, I am 75+ years old (Retired USAF and retired from NAA) and had never played any type of game until I retired several years ago. I then tried about a dozen different games and dropped most of them almost immediately as all the wanted was for me to buy gold, rubies or what ever. I sure don't mind buying as you can see by my account. The game is a lot of entertainment for me and now watch very little TV. At one time I became very down on the game and was befriended by "tschu88" who has been a great help. I still get confused at times but always seem to befuddle my way through. Wish there was a book available for additional guidance. Thanks for listening to my words. Keep up the good work

DeletedUser2355

I got from the announcement that the messaging system will not be released in this update. I certainly hope not anyway. Still needs lots of work!!

DeletedUser11609

I got from the announcement that the messaging system will not be released in this update. I certainly hope not anyway. Still needs lots of work!!

They have already stated that it's coming, which means they will not be making major changes to the current iteration. They intend to "polish it":blink: and toss it out, regardless of the feedback.
Unfortunately that's pretty much the story of all updates....

DeletedUser9732

The social bar improvements are nice. So much more responsive.

DeletedUser11609

The social bar improvements are nice. So much more responsive.

Fixing something they bugged up in the first place doesn't really qualify as an improvement. But yes, I agree they actually fixed the problem they created months ago.

DeletedUser23120

kudos changelog 1,60

kudos on the social bar "aid" button (not having to wait for it to change color forever) and speeding up the contact list:
also the "treasure hunt" button ( no longer have to try 2-3 times to open) keep up the progress;;
fyrfytr

DeletedUser11220

New Feature

Here is an interesting new " Feature" today I collected some Shrines but I did not get the fps from them.. I figured I was glitched as it sometimes is, but when I logged back in there was still over 1 minute left before I could collect them for the second time

DeletedUser16630

They have already stated that it's coming, which means they will not be making major changes to the current iteration. They intend to "polish it":blink: and toss it out, regardless of the feedback.
Unfortunately that's pretty much the story of all updates....

Are the problems you've experienced with the messaging system cross-platform or just in the browser? I've really been looking forward to this feature, but now I'm apprehensive about it after reading your comment.

DeletedUser23144

Here is an interesting new " Feature" today I collected some Shrines but I did not get the fps from them.. I figured I was glitched as it sometimes is, but when I logged back in there was still over 1 minute left before I could collect them for the second time
THAT A GLITCH

Drag Racer

luv the update to the members list speed up and the pop up cleanup... but

I just motivated a Country House (Colonial Age) and got a BP for the CoA (Early Middle Age)

I double checked all the surrounding buildings and they can still be motivated and are also CA so I did not hit something else...

is this gaining BPs from other ages a bug or new feature?

DeletedUser11609

Are the problems you've experienced with the messaging system cross-platform or just in the browser? I've really been looking forward to this feature, but now I'm apprehensive about it after reading your comment.

Well it's unfinished and one of the admins has posted a laundry list of complaints/potential fixes about it. My biggest issue is this push for a paper white background, makes reading anything very hard.

DeletedUser11181

The new messaging system is absolutely horrible, the way it exists on beta. So, I sincerely hope you do a lot to it, before you release it on the other servers.

Also, something you did in beta has brought back the jumping to the 1st entry on the name bar, when you aid anyone anywhere on the bar. Please don't bring this over here.

I've also heard that calc time is going back to the old time. When is this happening, so that we can plan?

DeletedUser2355

Nice job on the Social Bar !! Works perfectly as of this update.. Nice and fast, no resetting to # 1 anymore. Awesome

DeletedUser11609

Yeah it is impressive improvement.

One step forward, two steps back.
It appears they have reintroduced the memory leak after avoiding it for a few updates. fight a bunch, "video memory exceeded, animations shut off". Also appears the ability to get thru battles without locking up has been reduced as well. I was getting thru 20 battles before all the changes, now I'm lucky if I can get 10.

DeletedUser8152

One step forward, two steps back.
It appears they have reintroduced the memory leak after avoiding it for a few updates. fight a bunch, "video memory exceeded, animations shut off". Also appears the ability to get thru battles without locking up has been reduced as well. I was getting thru 20 battles before all the changes, now I'm lucky if I can get 10.
I haven't seen the memory problem. But it did seem like the game was crashing a lot last night.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to unfriend someone in my friends tab. The game will not let me unfriend. So we are stuck with friends who do not play the game often ? This has just started today. Yesterday I was able to unfriend players in my friends list. I need to be able to unfriend . If I need to.

What happens when you try? It should certainly work.