• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.66 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

We love to hear what you have to say! Please place your compliments, concerns, suggestions and feedback here.

Happy Holidays!
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser24466

Hi i would really like to see a Rotation tool added to the game to allow you to rotate your buildings. It would be an immense help with positioning buildings in the city layout especially the odd shaped ones that are not the same on both sides. It would even add an increased ability to create a more pleasing cosmetic look for the city. Thank you for reading my suggestion and I really do hope to see this feature added in a later update. :)

DeletedUser3679

Hi i would really like to see a Rotation tool added to the game to allow you to rotate your buildings. It would be an immense help with positioning buildings in the city layout especially the odd shaped ones that are not the same on both sides. It would even add an increased ability to create a more pleasing cosmetic look for the city. Thank you for reading my suggestion and I really do hope to see this feature added in a later update. :)

I understand why you (and many others) would like this feature to be added, but it is the very first item on the "do not suggest" list. Fitting everything in without being able to rotate is part of the challenge of playing. I think also that the buildings are only rendered as you see them - rotation would require creating a whole new set of buildings.

DeletedUser10517

Please please PLEASE give us more than 20 line breaks per message and the ability to cut and paste a recipient list back!!!

Running clubs is soooo hard without these two features.

DeletedUser8152

Please please PLEASE give us more than 20 line breaks per message and the ability to cut and paste a recipient list back!!!

I hope they fix these things, but for now you might consider using the guild forum for this instead. It probably isn't perfect but it might be better than struggling with the message system.

DeletedUser10517

I hope they fix these things, but for now you might consider using the guild forum for this instead. It probably isn't perfect but it might be better than struggling with the message system.
Guild forum is not a solution, Im afraid.

DeletedUser7202

We love to hear what you have to say! Please place your compliments, concerns, suggestions and feedback here.

Happy Holidays!
Happy Holidays to you too
It appears that the swarm can be attacked by artillery. Description says that it cannot be. anyway to fix this in the up coming patch?

DeletedUser9184

Happy Holidays to you too
It appears that the swarm can be attacked by artillery. Description says that it cannot be. anyway to fix this in the up coming patch?
If by artillery you mean Rail Guns, this is intended: their power shot ability ignores any defensive skill like flying, reactive armor, stealth, etc.

DeletedUser23123

Next Update: Need a complete (New) Guide on "All" of the Message System. Hate to be a ass. Just tired of all the discussion over it. I have no idea which one most talk about. There seem to be a bunch of them in the game. The only one that I see is the one on the bottom, left side of the game. Still haven't figure out how to do the group messaging on that yet. Complete Guide with pictures and samples. Thank you. Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

DeletedUser18778

I understand why you (and many others) would like this feature to be added, but it is the very first item on the "do not suggest" list. Fitting everything in without being able to rotate is part of the challenge of playing. I think also that the buildings are only rendered as you see them - rotation would require creating a whole new set of buildings.
How about a toggle button to show specific buildings in the city( i.e. Production Buildings, Goods Buldings, Military, Roads, etc) I'm having a hard time seeing some of the roads and which roads I need to upgrade because they're hidden behind buldings, also some of the special buildings are shorter than some of the other buildings and hard to see where they are when I try to collect.

DeletedUser18778

Happy Holidays!
Are you guys doing anything about the inconsistancies with other players. I big issues especailly when you have a couple of players two to thre ages above you and are always getting attacked. I'm constantly getting hit by three players well above me and with higher attack percentage points than me. I can't get ahead because I'm always getting plundered. Can I suggest a button to allow us to move out of a particular neighborhood with an option to allow us to only be able to move once a month or something?

lemur

Update 1.66 failed to fix the problem that was introduced with Update 1.65 — a chronic instability in the display. Specifically, the display of one's village pops into magnified mode with no prompting from the user. This even happens right in the middle of an operation. For example, earlier this evening, the display popped into magnified mode just as I tried to select a building to start producing supplies. Instead, the mouse cursor slammed into housing that I did not want to collect.

Update 1.66 failed to fix the ridiculously long software load times. Ever since last August 11, the game takes 45 to 60 seconds to load a world. That eliminates the option of moving smoothly from one world to another. There is even a long (15-second) delay at the first instance of anything to do with Great Buildings (or their blueprints), a long delay at the first instance of starting a Confectionary production cycle, a long delay when opening the Tech Tree, a long delay when opening the Continent Map, and a long delay when opening the Guild Continent Map (GvG). Trying to move, delete, or create any buildings in one's village is now a frustrating process of navigating bugs, rebooting delays, and a screen that pops in and out of magnified mode.

With every update, the game becomes slower and less stable if you have anything other than the optimal computer equipment with which to run Inno's bloated Flash code. Forge of Empires only works properly if you have certain operating systems with certain browsers. Does the marketing for this game say that? Of course not. That might reduce sales. It's more profitable to forge ahead with the bait and switch.

DeletedUser13360

The terribly long time to load screens for anything or perform routine moves has made the game laborious to move through. And this issue is getting progressively worse.

DeletedUser13941

The terribly long time to load screens for anything or perform routine moves has made the game laborious to move through. And this issue is getting progressively worse.

I agree with you and lemur both. I was really hoping this update would fix the performance issues like they claimed, but nothing has changed. I guess at least it didn't get worse this time. When will the next update be? Because if this lagging isn't fixed by then, then I quit this game. I usually buy at least 2 of the $80 diamond packages each event but have been holding out due to possibly quitting this game. I don't understand how they can just keep letting this go. I can't even play the game on Chrome anymore at work and it barely works on other browsers. At home the browser doesn't matter, not even Comodo or Opera like they suggest. I can play but it still lags horribly making the game not even fun anymore. Open your eyes Inno your game is getting ruined by YOU, the people that manage it, or should I say lack to do so.

DeletedUser16068

I think "running clubs" would be Much Easier if we had the "outbox" back as Ruby requested before.
Messages Sent to members would stay in the outbox until they are answered instead of cluttering up the Mass of threads.
The 20 line break is not even sufficient when creating a list. We need more

DeletedUser19127

Long-time player, first-time poster. Sorry that it has to be something negative...

Please fix the game on the mobile end. I can't even begin to list everything wrong there.

Thanks

DeletedUser10517

This has been my Bug for months now.

It takes so long to move from one neighbour to another to attack them, that I have stopped bothering to any great extent.
Before, I would attack a goodly number every day and keep up with the Towers.......and yes, burn through diamonds if I lose unattached troops.

It USED to work perfectly on Chrome and was Extremely fast.....but doesnt work at all on Chrome now. Firefox is so slow.

But now, dont bother as the wait is upto 50 seconds at times.............but, I spend less. :)

DeletedUser10415

What happened to further refinement of the atrocious new messaging system, Inno? I'm taking a break from cleaning out my in-game inbox. 60 pages comes to 1200 clicks at 4 different target locations, whereas the previous system with 75 pages would only cost me around 320 clicks at two different target locations. Is Inno going to buy me a new mouse, and also cover medical expenses?

DeletedUser8152

What happened to further refinement of the atrocious new messaging system, Inno? I'm taking a break from cleaning out my in-game inbox. 60 pages comes to 1200 clicks at 4 different target locations, whereas the previous system with 75 pages would only cost me around 320 clicks at two different target locations. Is Inno going to buy me a new mouse, and also cover medical expenses?
To be fair, Inno's position seems to be that you shouldn't clean out your inbox, because you should think of it more like your facebook wall.

Of course you're welcome to dislike that perspective, but I think you'll get more traction explaining why you dislike it rather than by complaining about how poorly the system works if you insist on treating it like an inbox after all.

iamtheemperor

To be fair, Inno's position seems to be that you shouldn't clean out your inbox, because you should think of it more like your facebook wall.

Of course you're welcome to dislike that perspective, but I think you'll get more traction explaining why you dislike it rather than by complaining about how poorly the system works if you insist on treating it like an inbox after all.

To be fair, he's done this. I've done this. Lots and lots and lots of folks have done this. Repeatedly.

This isn't Facebook. Besides, you can delete wall posts on Facebook, and quite easily.

He insists on treating it like an inbox because he's an intelligent individual and also because logic and standards over the past twenty plus years have shown us that's how a messaging system works.