• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.80 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Let us hear your comments, concerns, and suggestions regarding the 1.80 Changelog. We are always interested in learning your thoughts about the game!

Your Forge of Empires Team

qaccy

No Temple of Relics in this update? I know it hasn't been in beta for very long, but I was hoping it wouldn't take too long to get pushed here all the same. That's a disappointment for sure. :(

DeletedUser9433

• As you asked, Tiger's Den was removed from the aid priority list. The only prioritized buildings now are: Shrine of Knowledge, Shrine of Awe, Shrine of Inspiration, Oasis and Caravansary.
  • Who the heck asked for this? Was it a formal proposal I overlooked?

DeletedUser23098

I got out of GvG because of the GvG changes two weeks ago and don’t plan to buy Diamonds except to get buildings.

DeletedUser25203

Where do we get to comment on the disgustingly useless update for the mobile version? Whodecided to make the invitation button 25% of the whole friends bar???? It was already too big and shiny on the pc version, but here, they have mastered themselves. Horrid. Instead of solving more urgent and known matters, they come up with this.
- On mobile version you can't still swap buildings when moving them around in the city (decreased playability),
- You can't directly use stored FP when contributing to GBs, instead you have to go aaaall the way back to inventory, select up to 9 FP, go again to the city, spend the FPs, and repeat until your finger hurts. (lack of playability),
- If you happen to have a FP contribution on a GB and the owner stops being your friend or even not in your neighborhood....bad luck, you got screwed and can't contribute anymore on mobile, you have to switch to pc to be able to. Already filed a ticket months ago. Solved? No.

And instead we get this new game interface. It sucks. I start to realice the truth behind more experienced players when the critizise this game and their developers......my love for this game just dropped a great deal. Roll it back on next update. In the meantime you force me to avoid the friends bar and stick to m/p only through the event log, so not only have you upset a loyal and happy player, you also missed the intention because I'm so not going to look at that button.
Oh, and I left a shiny 1star rating in Play Store explaining this. Hope you change that for next update.

A very unpleased and disgusted (formerly pretty happy) player who's starting to open his eyes..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26131

Let us hear your comments, concerns, and suggestions regarding the 1.80 Changelog. We are always interested in learning your thoughts about the game!

Your Forge of Empires Team

I'm playing this game from december when the winter event came and I do buy diamonds.
BUT all your recent updates hold me from buying diamonds because first you don't want to hear our feedback, you just want us to write off the frustrations. Second after all those comments you don't change anything from beta to live you just make it worst.
The GvG is now a joke, the last events even worst as a joke, but I cannot swear in the thread so I have to be carefully choose my words :).
I hope it will change a little because comparing this game to others I think you where doing great till you messed up eastern, gvg. Whats next summer? I hope your ones will do something with this feedback. But guess what, you will do the same as I will spent diamonds :)

DeletedUser26406

yesterday you offered me $5 reno kit and today you offer 40% more diamonds if i purchase them. It wont work.
I WILL NOT EVER SPEND MY MONEY ON THIS GAME UNLESS YOU REVERSE YOU TERRIBLE CHANGES YOU MADE TO GvG!
Take away the troop siege cost and the 24 hour wait to siege sectors you released and ill go back to spending money on the game.

qaccy

yesterday you offered me $5 reno kit and today you offer 40% more diamonds if i purchase them. It wont work.
I WILL NOT EVER SPEND MY MONEY ON THIS GAME UNLESS YOU REVERSE YOU TERRIBLE CHANGES YOU MADE TO GvG!
Take away the troop siege cost and the 24 hour wait to siege sectors you released and ill go back to spending money on the game.

Didn't you say you were going to quit playing and only post on the forums in 'protest' of these 'unfair' (they're not) changes?

You can continue to whine, complain, and 'like' every anti-Inno post you see but these changes all improve GvG by removing exploitable loopholes in the game and requiring you to actually commit if you're attacking somebody (by building barracks) rather than throwing around endless phantom sieges and/or mindlessly killing champions all day long.

DeletedUser26406

Didn't you say you were going to quit playing and only post on the forums in 'protest' of these 'unfair' (they're not) changes?

You can continue to whine, complain, and 'like' every anti-Inno post you see but these changes all improve GvG by removing exploitable loopholes in the game and requiring you to actually commit if you're attacking somebody (by building barracks) rather than throwing around endless phantom sieges and/or mindlessly killing champions all day long.
none of what your writing is relevant to why i dislike like the changes. You dont understand. good day sir or maam. which ever you are.

DeletedUser10789

Fully Agreed, yet here is the catch. Yesterday they offered me a Reno Kit for $ 4.99 and once I clicked off of it, it went away. Now today you got a sale on Diamonds, funny I never saw that. Maybe they are back to hating me again.

As a leader in many guilds in many worlds, I will NOT quit a game that I use to like, enjoy and NOW have so much stuff to play around with. I enjoy helping others and I enjoy watching my predictions all come true and the things I say happen, well before they happen. Sadly enough, this game is run by people who have a MASSIVE DISCONNECT with their own players/customers. So, what I can do now is to choose to be a FREELOADER and play the game for FREE. I have enough stuff stockpiled and plenty of diamonds I will probably never spend. The funny part is, "the game" had a very loyal player who did spend money on this game and even if some do not want to admit it, I was paying a portions of someone's salary. The problem is, maybe I was NOT spending enough of my hard earned money for "the game" to actually HIRE THE RIGHT DEVELOPERS and THE RIGHT DEVELOPERS who are CREATIVE and will actually give me something I WANT TO SPEND MY DIAMONDS ON.

"The Game" get's a Big Fat F (Grade, like in school) on making their players/customers happy. In fact, all they ever did was implement changes, INSPITE of the reactions and "Feedback" from the Beta Forums and the countless players/customers BUT WAIT, let's give people a sale. Come on people, wake up....Why a sale.? For those of you who still may not know why companies have sales, here is a heads up. A Sale is a PLOY and/or an Attempt to GENERATE SALES IN THE FORM OF INCOME, to the company, period. A Sale is GENERATED when a company feels they need to bolster their sales and need to show sales. Since I know a little too much about this, I would say that it sounds to me like a company has a quarterly report soon ending and they need to PAD SALES for said quarter. :)

So, now extrapolate this out and you will see the final reason as to why all these sales and all of the attempts at GENERATING REVENUE/INCOME (in the form of sales) are occurring, bingo....You guessed it. SALES ARE WAY DOWN. Don't believe me, how about this one. Are you all to think or believe that some SURVEY (they asked weeks ago) and one of the questions they asked was, if you would want to be notified of special sale items, that is NOT what you think it means. That answer is OF COURSE, we all want to be notified of any and all special sale items. But look closer all, what is this asking you.....It is trying to see how we can get you to BITE and spend money on the game. Now, ask the question, why are they asking this question....BANG, YES, they are HURTING ON SALES and they need to find an avenue in which to get you to purchase and spend money on the game, without you really knowing their real intention. Pretty slick to a normal person who ZERO SALES experience or someone who has MADE THESE decisions in the past and ran a public company, ha ha.

Yet, you still are asking us for "Feeback" which we all know DOES NOT MATTER, as you will NOT LISTEN ANYWAY. I believe I saw this somewhere else, that INNO only makes changes based on the amount of money they FAIL to take in. Well, those in charge are not very good at the translation, as they still do not get it. I am really beginning to wonder if I have been mislead in believing that this thread was even in fact a "Feedback" thread at all.

Now you ask for my "Feedback", here you go. My current pay rate is a standard flat fee of $ 50,000 per month with a Minimum Rate billed at 3 months. Meaning you need to pay me for three months regardless of the amount of time it takes me to consult on how to DRIVE SALES and REVENUE to your company. And this entire time I have been providing you great advice and great ideas. So, before I start to get cute, so as NOT to be deemed off topic and my posts removed I will state for the record you NOW HAVE TO PAY ME FOR MY THOUGHTS AND MY IDEAS. Since you can NO LONGER take my feedback and apply it in any way shape or form. I would write some German here, so nothing gets lost in translation, yet it is an English server and I do NOT wish to violate any rules, contained here within. As such, you know where I stand and I have been providing you my "Feedback" long enough for FREE and LONG ENOUGH for my paying and buying your LACK OF CREATIVE content your OVERLY Employed Developers can't seem to deal with, handle or even manage in the least bit.

There, did you get my "Feedback" now.? A player/customer who has decided to PLAY FOR FREE and just sit back and watch the carnage occur due to poor leadership, but wait, I can help. Can you actually handle my thoughts and my suggestions and HIRE THE PROPER TALENT to get these things done.? If you can, you will be rewarded if not, then we will see the next Evony in the making.

Steve - LordStevie - My 2 cents worth

qaccy

none of what your writing is relevant to why i dislike like the changes. You dont understand. good day sir or maam. which ever you are.

Here's your original post over in the Forge Hall:

I have been playing FoE for 4 years. Im on C,D,E,F and M world. I have never posted in the forum before. I have always rolled with whatever the developers chose to do. The changes you have recently made are horrible. The fact that you need to have troops to lay siege in GvG is the worst. Being able to set sieges for your guild when you were not of that age was a great way for new GvGers to learn the ropes and feel like they were contributing in battle. You have now taken that away. Stupid of you.
Being able to use many different styles in GvG such as "ghosting" and "farming points"" was what made FoE so unique compared to other games available to us players to play. You have now eliminated that and it is a horrible idea too. You developers cater to the traditional style GvG players and have now given a gift to the "land Barons".
I will never spend another cent on this game unless you undo these changes. Im feel im losing interest in this game all together if this is how it is going to be moving forward. Its too bad that you developers felt you had to screw up GvG. I have played for almost 4 years i think and it sucks that i have invested my time and money into a game that just takes a big dump on you to cater to the large land barons.

I think my post was speaking to that pretty well. You were relying on the 'phantom sieges' mechanic that is now gone. A player in the Middle Ages has no place setting sieges in Tomorrow, or the Future, or any other age they have no troops in, and have not even come close to reaching. If they want to 'learn the ropes' they can actually train some troops and use them in whatever age those troops belong to and have guild mates actually explain the nuances of GvG compared to other forms of battling in the game. Also, it's a broken advantage to sieging when you can have all of your relevant Tomorrow/Future/etc fighters continue to click away in battle, while you have that Middle Ages player taking care of putting the sieges down, with the game providing free troops that player isn't even close to owning. Explain to me how that makes sense?

You also mention point farming, which is another thing I addressed in my post (mindlessly killing champions, which was by and large the most common way of point farming). That was, again, exploiting loopholes in the game mechanics which is no longer possible.

In short, you come out trying to make some sort of emotional appeal by saying those things made FoE 'unique' and you're right...uniquely broken. The issues that were addressed with the changes made the experience much more wholesome and a whole lot closer to how it should be.

1) You now need to consistently train troops/have barracks in your city in order to place sieges rather than the game giving them to you for free and your age not mattering at all;
2) You actually have to manually defend your sectors instead of abusing shields, the prevalence of which led GvG to occur pretty much exclusively in the 30 minutes after daily calculation;
3) Along with #1, defending is now actually possible, since a 'ghost' that doesn't have to worry about goods costs now has to worry about troops running out if their sieges are being broken.

You seem to like the idea of being unstoppable while attacking and hiding behind shields so I can see why you'd be upset about all this (like a kid having their toys taken away), but defenders needed a way to actually defend and these changes bring that back. Now stop acting entitled and spoiled and learn how to adapt. Build some barracks!

DeletedUser26406

a
Here's your original post over in the Forge Hall:

I think my post was speaking to that pretty well. You were relying on the 'phantom sieges' mechanic that is now gone. A player in the Middle Ages has no place setting sieges in Tomorrow, or the Future, or any other age they have no troops in, and have not even come close to reaching. If they want to 'learn the ropes' they can actually train some troops and use them in whatever age those troops belong to and have guild mates actually explain the nuances of GvG compared to other forms of battling in the game. Also, it's a broken advantage to sieging when you can have all of your relevant Tomorrow/Future/etc fighters continue to click away in battle, while you have that Middle Ages player taking care of putting the sieges down, with the game providing free troops that player isn't even close to owning. Explain to me how that makes sense?

You also mention point farming, which is another thing I addressed in my post (mindlessly killing champions, which was by and large the most common way of point farming). That was, again, exploiting loopholes in the game mechanics which is no longer possible.

In short, you come out trying to make some sort of emotional appeal by saying those things made FoE 'unique' and you're right...uniquely broken. The issues that were addressed with the changes made the experience much more wholesome and a whole lot closer to how it should be.

1) You now need to consistently train troops/have barracks in your city in order to place sieges rather than the game giving them to you for free and your age not mattering at all;
2) You actually have to manually defend your sectors instead of abusing shields, the prevalence of which led GvG to occur pretty much exclusively in the 30 minutes after daily calculation;
3) Along with #1, defending is now actually possible, since a 'ghost' that doesn't have to worry about goods costs now has to worry about troops running out if their sieges are being broken.

You seem to like the idea of being unstoppable while attacking and hiding behind shields so I can see why you'd be upset about all this (like a kid having their toys taken away), but defenders needed a way to actually defend and these changes bring that back. Now stop acting entitled and spoiled and learn how to adapt. Build some barracks!
you still dont understand, all you see is your point of view.You think your right no matter if your actually wrong. Therefor engaging you is as pointless as making a proposal in the forum.
I dont deploy phantom sieges and when i go to war i have many many barracks.
Good day sir or maam=)

DeletedUser11427

Is this the change log that ruined chat, by not resetting it. depending on how often your guild goes on chat, some going on only around reset, you can have yesterdays, and even comments from week ago there. It's made chat useless for some guilds.