• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changes needed events needed

• Thread starter DeletedUser37562
  • Start date

Jase249

Allow for me to make a point. Let's say a player is at the last map and can't go any further. Shouldn't they be allowed an "or" option to progress in the even? If someone wants to go further in an event this gives them the ability to. So if you have a scouting option you could say scout a providence or gather so much gold/silver/ect.

I was going to point out that if you're at the end it fulfills it automatically for you but Emberguard beat me to it. Just adding though, if you're at the end of the continent map and have conquered everything it will not only fulfill your "scouting" quests automatically, it will also give you a "free pass" on any sort of "acquire/scout/infiltrate X sectors" quests; basically anything that involves that the continent map.

DeletedUser37562

I would just not like to see that
And that's your opinion.
Proposal

I propose to add an alternative to scout, acquire, gain sectors and providence's for future events.

The current system makes it so that a player must do these to go further in the event and this causes issues for players who are in the Artic age. It also makes it so that any player who is not able to get the goods needed to go further are stalled at the same point.

Yes, this is a game of strategy and the need to plan ahead. I would like to point out to the game creators, as well as other players trades are not always possible. When you have people working on getting goods for higher ages this can leave a shortage of goods to trade.

There are guilds that don’t focus on fighting as much as they do on completing ge and trying to get themselves to a set point of where they can hop in and start taking over a sector. A newly formed guild is at a disadvantage if their armies are occupied else where.

I understand that there are people who don’t feel the same way, that their play style doesn’t mesh with how others make the choice to play the game. The truth is we all play this for fun and I have seen people leave a game that they enjoy because they feel like they are being blocked from doing things the way they like to play the game.

Giving someone the option of an “or” option gives the player the ability to not only enjoy the game, but help their guild as well. Every play style is different and people shouldn’t be held down how others think they should play the game.

Please consider allowing others to enjoy the game and not look down on them.

Thank you
I would just not like to see that
Question, how long have you been playing the game for?

DeletedUser37562

I was going to point out that if you're at the end it fulfills it automatically for you but Emberguard beat me to it. Just adding though, if you're at the end of the continent map and have conquered everything it will not only fulfill your "scouting" quests automatically, it will also give you a "free pass" on any sort of "acquire/scout/infiltrate X sectors" quests; basically anything that involves that the continent map.
Thank you, I have not had anyone from the last age in my guild mention that.

DeletedUser37562

one and half years
Since I'm not a big forum person, I only just signed up to do the proposal. In reality I've been playing for over 3 years. Trust me, I know what this game is about. Ok, so maybe when I wrote the proposal it wasn't the best and I have revamped it a few times to try to get my point across.
Right now I'm seeing messages about people giving ungodly large sums of forge points for very unfair trades. How do you compete with that? I like getting my goods the right way, by trading. I can't really just raid for the goods I need because I'm on the postmodern map in the modern world. I'm not trying to sound whiny and making excuses, it's just the truth. Trust me I would rather be doing a scouting mission right now. In my guild we have players who have had to go multiple ages past where they are to do these mission and are annoyed because they wanted to use the goods to finish ge.

DeletedUser23762

I really like this idea. So many times I wasn't able to complete an event because it wasn't possible for me at the time to scout. What about those who have unlocked the entire map?

Emberguard

Right now I'm seeing messages about people giving ungodly large sums of forge points for very unfair trades. How do you compete with that?
Unless you're nearing endgame it isn't that expensive. You only need to buy a small amount of goods to trade down with.

Lets say for every 1 FP you get 2 Arctic Future goods (just as an example - depending on the world you might get more then that)

You could buy 50 goods worth and trade those down
50 AF > 100 Future
100 Future > 200 Tomorrow
200 Tomo > 400 Contemporary
400 Contemp > 800 PostModern

so 25 FPs could get you 800 of your current map age goods, more of everything below that. It'd just depend on which guild you're in as to whether you can do it for free, and how much of that you're able to trade down over how much time

From what someone said completes it automaticly.
Yep - should be the same as completing GE, all quests pertaining to that aspect autocomplete even if there is a alternative

DeletedUser33179

Since I'm not a big forum person, I only just signed up to do the proposal. In reality I've been playing for over 3 years. Trust me, I know what this game is about. Ok, so maybe when I wrote the proposal it wasn't the best and I have revamped it a few times to try to get my point across.
Right now I'm seeing messages about people giving ungodly large sums of forge points for very unfair trades. How do you compete with that? I like getting my goods the right way, by trading. I can't really just raid for the goods I need because I'm on the postmodern map in the modern world. I'm not trying to sound whiny and making excuses, it's just the truth. Trust me I would rather be doing a scouting mission right now. In my guild we have players who have had to go multiple ages past where they are to do these mission and are annoyed because they wanted to use the goods to finish ge.

There is no "right" way to get goods, just different ways. As you advance on the map past your current age, you can only obtain those higher age goods needed to negotiate sectors either via goods market trading or using fps to buy from other players.

You don't want to pay fps for those higher age goods due to the "ungodly" cost of such "very unfair trades." Fine, then you're left with trading up your goods to get them.

But wait... You & your guildmates don't like that option either. You'd rather keep all your goods to use on other things - like "finish GE."

By golly, why should these game event quests inconvenience each of you in any way?!?

You & your guildmates most definitely did not "have ... to go multiple ages past where they are to do these mission" for the event. Each of you deliberately went several ages ahead on the map over the past several months/years to win more city expansions & advanced age troops. That you find event map quests much harder is your own fault.

DeletedUser21322

As this has not been placed in proper format this thread can now be found in forge hall.

DeletedUser30900

In reality I've been playing for over 3 years. Trust me, I know what this game is about.
Right now I'm seeing messages about people giving ungodly large sums of forge points for very unfair trades. How do you compete with that? I like getting my goods the right way, by trading. I can't really just raid for the goods I need because I'm on the postmodern map in the modern world.

In my guild we have players who have had to go multiple ages past where they are to do these mission and are annoyed because they wanted to use the goods to finish ge.
Okay, i'm gonna put it in nice way. You don't know what this game is about AT ALL. And you guild mates are sorry. I don't want to waste my time explain why but stop using "i played 3 years" as your stand point, because its actually making you look worse.

Agent327

And still you didn't get it in the proper format. Amazing.

All you do is ramble on and on and on, but in the end you are saying nothing. You want things changed so players can grow. They can still grow when nothing gets changed. What it comes down to is that you want the game easier for you. Nothing else.

DeletedUser37562

And still you didn't get it in the proper format. Amazing.

All you do is ramble on and on and on, but in the end you are saying nothing. You want things changed so players can grow. They can still grow when nothing gets changed. What it comes down to is that you want the game easier for you. Nothing else.
That's not it at all and that's your opinion.

DeletedUser13838

From what someone said completes it automaticly.
Not only does the map quest autocomplete, so does the research quest if you completed the tech tree. But you don't actually have to complete all the techs in the tech tree because there are plenty of stubs throughout. You do have to take all the provinces though, which requires scouting. A new phase to virtual future was added not too long ago and I haven't completed the new map yet. You know what I did when the quest required me to scout a new province? I scouted a new province. I'm still stuck on a story quest as I haven't completed the c-map yet even though I finished the tech tree the day it came out. I've accumulated about 1200 diamonds through my wishing wells and GE but I chose to not use diamonds for scouting and accepted the fact that each will take me a couple of extra days. I'll catch up.