• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

City Shield

Trumpster Bob

When players attack the neighborhood then put up a shield it seems to take away from the idea of the game. I think like most players when I say FOE should do away with City Shields for this reason that they not only take away from the game but are also not in the spirit of the game. Players should instead make their defenses stronger like the rest of us. What do you players think about my idea of doing away with City Shields?

Graviton

I somehow doubt most players want to get rid of it. The few times I attack neighbors I rarely encounter them. I also use them myself when I know I'm going to miss my daily collection time, or just want to shift my collection time, which is not that often. I don't see that it's a problem.

Beorn Bear

A) There is no defense strong enough to stop a determined attacker.
B) Being attacked successfully doesn't hurt you at all unless you're plundered, which leads to...
C) Being plundered is a minor annoyance at worst, unless your city is woefully underdeveloped.
D) Putting up a City Shield is one of the most expensive Tavern boosts and so can't be used indefinitely, and while it's up...
E) You can't complete any Daily Challenges involving Tavern boosts without using Diamonds.

From these points you can see that being attacked is no big deal, even if the attacker is successful, and having the City Shield isn't a permanent defense and can actually backfire on the user with Daily Challenges. At best, it can be used on a temporary basis when in a particularly nasty hood shuffle.

As far as taking away from the game and/or not being in the spirit of the game, those are purely personal opinions that are not widely shared.

Agent327

This isn't the ideas section. There is no need for a poll.

Your idea has been brought op more than once. Players have so far never supported it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I only use it for lining up collections once in awhile. This will never be supported.