• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cmap / units / quests

• Thread starter DeletedUser31540
  • Start date

DeletedUser31540

Hi all ... i know ive asked a lot of questions about this subject ( @xivarmy ) but here i am again :/

-I am in LMA
-i am on the Modern Era Map

Will i get more units if i keep doing map progression ? Currently i have 9 CA troops (2 field guns 5 grenadiers and 2 musketeers). Can i get some OF units to guard my city if i make it that far?

Will i get some other BS quests again that will inhibit my ability to run RQs?

Has anyone parked in an age and moved 5 or 6+ maps ahead? Was it worth it?

I wanna camp —— and i also want my city to be bigger so i do cmap .... i use my DT for high age goods and trade down

Feedback much appreciated

DeletedUser30900

It’s really funny that people just ignore the story questline until it’s too late:) and blame inno for it

DeletedUser25920

You can only get units as a reward from doing a story quest, not just for conquering a province. For example the story quest would say 'conquer province X', reward: 3 units.
If you conquer province X, but have not reached that quest in the main story quest-line, you will not get the reward. (You will get the reward much later, when you finally reach that quest, since you had already conquered province X ages ago).

You can move ahead in the storyline quest (eg you could do some CA main story quest when in LMA), but not by much. There are some quests that require you to be in a specific age to do them, and if you are an age or more behind, you cannot do them, so your main story is paused while you move ahead on the map, so you cannot get the units (or other rewards). Apart from quests that require you to be in a specific age, there are quest that say eg research a military tech, or a tech that unlocks a residential building, etc, (without specifying which age the tech should be in), but if you have no such researches left in your current age (eg LMA), then you either have to progress to the next age(s) or pause the main story quest (so then no further units as rewards).

Eg in IndA questline there is main story quest that says recruit "5 units from CA or 3 units from IndA" so you cannot do that unless you are at least in CA (and there are some similar ones that require you to be at least in CA). Btw this quest gives as a reward 2 Lancers (IndA unit) but you haven't gotten those (although you are in Modern Era map) because you did not do that quest (as your main storyline is stuck much further back.

I believe from PE onwards it is possible to follow the main story line as it usually does not have quests requiring you to be in a specific age, however there are plenty of "research a military/residential/cultural/etc tech" quests, so one needs to have plenty of researches left in order not to have to move to the next age. And even so, one would finally run out of researches at some point, and would have to progress to the next age. But with careful planning (ie look up all the main story quests in advance in wikia) one could 'delay' moving to the next age for as long as possible.

DeletedUser31540

Thanks for the feeback :)

So no more advanced units for me ... not a big deal ... having nine 1 age ahead is already pretty cool

Participation in events - i can always negotiate to acquire sectors but no longer fight sadly :/ — with inno moving away from cmap and research related quests for events i am not very concerned — if they require it i miss out on an event reward but thats fine (i skipped on black tower cAuse i didnt wana research and im fine making those trade-offs)

No one touched on my ability to run RQs in LMA ... will that get screwed up at some point?

Right now ive got 3 questlines - 1 RQ and 2 that i cant complete until i age up

And no complaints here ... just questions :)

Thanks all