• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Code of Conduct for Gentlemen Plunderers

Darth Mole

Love it of Loathe it ..... it's part of the game and it aint going away anytime soon.

Hello everybody, my name is Darth Mole and I am a Plunderer.:oops:

However I do have personal rules that I do not break. That way I can plunder with a (relatively) clear conscience!
You may agree with my rules. You may have your own. Some will mercilessly attack and plunder anyone, every day, forever. Others are more selective. Others wouldn't contemplate plundering under any circumstances. So what are your rules that help you sleep at night?

1. I do not attack or plunder anyone in the bottom 10 of the hood. They are aided as often as I can do so. They need help to progress and not get disillusioned and leave the game.
  2. I aid before I attack. I go through the history for at least 2 or 3 days worth of aid events and reciprocate.
  3. Anyone who hasn't aided me is liable to be attacked and therefore plundered.
  4. I accept friend requests - anyone who befriends me from the Hood will be safe. However I boot friends if they aren't aiding me or visiting my tavern (or can't be bothered decorating their own one). If they only have 2 spear defense then to be honest I won't bother friending them. If they care that little for their game play they're hardly likely to make the best buddies.
  5. I am partially merciful when a Hoodie sends me a polite message about my plundering. I'll suggest ways that they can avoid it. If they take my advice they'll be safe.
  6. However if I get a message along the line of 'Stop stealing my $@&#ing stuff you $#@%ing %$@#' then I'll stay up all night to find something juicy to plunder! (only half joking here!)
  7. I do not plunder supplies or coin
  8. I only plunder Goods or Forge Points from buildings likely to produce them.
  9. I have cities in 4 worlds and only plunder in 2 of them. 2 Fighting and 2 Farming cities.
There you have it
My rules. My way of playing
Over to you......

DeletedUser9930

My Rules (Organization courtesy of Darth Mole)

1. I do not attack or steal from anyone in the bottom 100 of the neighborhood. They're humans like me with hopes and aspirations.
2. I aid my neighbors, unless I know or suspect them of being thieves or extortionists (or unless I am attempting to leave the world).
3. Anyone who hasn't aided me is liable to be aided again. My love is unconditional.
4. I sometimes accept friend requests, but rarely from people with whom I've had no dealings. Friends are people I care about to some degree and I don't require quid pro quo. I may boot them for personal reasons (e.g., if I'm trying to leave FoE), or if I've forgotten who they are, or if I befriended them for some special purpose (e.g., responding to a trade request on global chat).
5. Not applicable.
6. Not applicable.
7. I do not steal unless I've been stolen from.*
8. I steal what I need the most. (I'd prefer to be able to destroy military capacity, however, as that might hinder future thefts from neighbors.)
9. I have been resident in eight worlds and have rarely stolen first in any of them.**

* Confession #1: I have, on a couple of occasions, stolen from guildmates of those who have stolen from me, when I was unable to steal from the perpetrator. And I have attacked GvG map holdings.

**Confession #2: I've made several attempts to be a plunderer, but found myself incapable of sustained cruelty.

DeletedUser

My rules for plundering (only on S world, on V world I basically ignore neighbors below me in ranking.):
1. I do not attack anyone above me in ranking.
2. I do not attack from the time the towers close until the next morning.
3. I plunder whatever they have available, because it's free.
4. If they aid regularly, they can friend me and I'll stop.
5. I don't bother going back for plunder, that's too much work, I'll just wait until tomorrow.
6. If they send me a nasty message, rule #5 is not applicable.
7. If someone has too stiff a defense, I'll leave them alone, but I still won't aid them.

DeletedUser29295

My plundering rules are simple, really:

1)I attack everyone in my hood as often as I can
2) The bottom 10 are exempt from plunder unless they have a 2 spearchucker defense: then, if they have something worthwhile, I plunder.
3) Everyone else gets plundered: I go back and look for the good stuff.
4) Only a friends request will stop me, and then only if it is a real benifit to me (unless they are in the 'low end"). Lower players I will accept, then offer advice/fp and trades to help them.
5) If they send me a nasty mail, I will track them from hood to hood. If they are really nasty I will snipe on their GB's without mercy.

This may sound "cruel" to some, but this is a war game, and everyting I do is geared to make me a better player for my guild. Extra goods and such I spread around. And I help my friends list out with all kinds of stuff, from GB advanceemeent to goods for new GB's at a cheap cost.

DeletedUser29295

Plundering en masse can have negative effects on a guild such as making enemies and lessening the recruitment pool.

It may, it may not. My Guild leaders don't mind the way I do things, and enemies are plentyful anyway. We have some good allies, so I tend to speak with them when I first go through my hood and let them know that we can work together. That is what really matters.

DeletedUser9164

First I do not plunder except those rare occasions where it is required. Some quest do require it. I would attack neighbors just to gain points in the past not anymore though. Plunder is a game killer for young players (newbies). I have matured in the years playing the game. I no longer worry about points, they mean nothing. They give you nothing. Points are for the narcissists who think they look better by having a few points more.

I get plundered on a few worlds. The plunderers I tell myself are in real life thieves, makes it more palatable.

DeletedUser6892

I don't generally plunder unless someone takes my goods. I completely ignore coin or supply or even FP steals. Other aspects of FoE take up too much time. Running guilds- that's my passion. But I welcome plunderers- I have a habit of transforming them into friends and those plunderers frequently can do FP trades for goods with ease- they do the work but all I have to do is drop FPs. It's a good deal imo! I don't merely send an invite (long out of those anyway- hello inno more friends please!) I ask for advice or help. So as far as a code goes- take the time to read messages and respond if a player is willing to accept that your plundering is fair play and offer advice if it is elicited. Plunderers should be mentors as well. Alliances are far more important in this game. Long-term finding people who are not into grude-matches and willing to work with you are worth their weight in nanoparticles or FPs.

DeletedUser29390

I haven't found anything that anyone has posted with which i can find fault.
My general code of conduct :
1. Aid all until a reason not to aid has presented itself.
2. Once attacked aid is stopped. If possible to win then counter attack.
3. Plunder whatever hurts most and send ultimatum to join guild.
4. Continue any counter attack until the offender capitulates or neighborhood is shuffled at which point the offender is pardoned.
5. Answer all friend requests, never delete a friend, with the exception of capacity reached, and/or obvious player abandonment.
6. Always remember "Karma" and that what I do reflects upon my guild and it's members.

I don't get to plunder much but I have fun when I do :D and I don't feel as though I've done too much harm to my guild mates reputations' .

There is no one way to play..... Happy 420 and Plundering :)

DeletedUser29295

The plunderers I tell myself are in real life thieves, makes it more palatable.

If you wish to use such a broad brush to paint with, then the plunderees are helpless snowflakes who couldn't defend a wet paper bag, nor do they wish to work hard enough to even keep or deserve what they have. So we plunderers are just distributing the wealth....to ourselves and our Guild.

DeletedUser28670

My rules of Conduct for Plundering.

1. No-one above me in ranking is attacked or plundered. Hey, some people might call me cowardly, but I call it being smart and surviving.
2. If I manage to get past their Defence I plunder the thing of best value.
3. If there's nothing to plunder, lucky you, I'm too lazy to go back and wait for plunder.
4. Send me a nasty message and you get on my waiting list, I'll moniter your city as long as I'm online for plunder.
5. Plunder me, I attack and plunder you if I can.
6. If you have a defence that either (1) destroys me or (2) does more damage than I plunder I will aid.
7. Send me a friend request, I'll accept if it benefits me.

Best of luck, fellow plunderers, in your pillage of cities.

DeletedUser26154

1. No-one above me in ranking is attacked or plundered.

Bully.

2. If I manage to get past their Defence I plunder the thing of best value.

Makes sense.

3. If there's nothing to plunder, lucky you, I'm too lazy to go back and wait for plunder.

Redeeming.

4. Send me a nasty message and you get on my waiting list, I'll moniter your city as long as I'm online for plunder.

They ask for it.

5. Plunder me, I attack and plunder you if I can.

You deserve it.

6. If you have a defence that either (1) destroys me or (2) does more damage than I plunder I will aid.

See 1. above.

7. Send me a friend request, I'll accept if it benefits me.

images.jpg

Bah.

DeletedUser27889

2) The bottom 10 are exempt from plunder unless they have a 2 spearchucker defense: then, if they have something worthwhile, I plunder.
I don't understand this yet you and DarthMole both said it.

If someone is in the bottom percent it means they're the players who deserve it most, they're the worst of the bunch. Assuming you're all in the same era of course and we now get filtered by points on tech tree as well if they shot up the tree and did so poorly they are the worst players in the hood.... Why do they get rewarded for that? They had the same opportunities as you, they just didn't bother applying them.

The top players, the ones above you are the ones you should be paying the homage to. They have done better than you with the same resources, or they are what you are striving to be. If anyone deserves some form of game 'respect' it's them, not the 'I'm in modern era with no GBs and producing unboosted goods with my 2 spearfighters' bunch.

DeletedUser29295

Well, if they have nothing I deem worth plundering I don't bother. Sometimes I am nice to them and even aid them: hoping they will get something worth taking at a later date.

Darth Mole

If someone is in the bottom percent it means they're the players who deserve it most, they're the worst of the bunch. Assuming you're all in the same era of course and we now get filtered by points on tech tree as well if they shot up the tree and did so poorly they are the worst players in the hood.... Why do they get rewarded for that? They had the same opportunities as you, they just didn't bother applying them.

The top players, the ones above you are the ones you should be paying the homage to. They have done better than you with the same resources, or they are what you are striving to be. If anyone deserves some form of game 'respect' it's them, not the 'I'm in modern era with no GBs and producing unboosted goods with my 2 spearfighters' bunch.
Sometimes the bottom 10 are just the bottom 10 because they're new to the game or the era. I give them the benefit of the doubt and leave them alone. I don't like picking on the weakest in the hood. After all, I am a Gentleman Plunderer.

DeletedUser28670

After all, I am a Gentleman Plunderer.
5005355.png

Plunder Awaits you, Gentlemen. Step right in and start taxing your neighbours, my friends. The League of Gentlemen Plunderers awaits, with experienced plunderers ready to help you learn the trade of taxing your clueless neighbours.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by a moderator: