• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Conduct in game

DeletedUser26660

This is what forum moderator Plinker wrote in the Conduct and Forum rules thread...

Ok, some of you either haven't read the rules or are chosing to ignore them. We will not put up with insults or put downs to other members. If you haven't read the rules, do so now! Warning points will soon be given to offenders. Thanks for understanding as we want this to be a polite and friendly type of forum for all.

Question is why does this not extend to the game itself? PMs get received by players all the time that are far worse than we see in this forum and when they are reported to support with snapshots of the messages nothing is done about them and the threads are shut down.

Agent327

This is what forum moderator Plinker wrote in the Conduct and Forum rules thread...

Ok, some of you either haven't read the rules or are chosing to ignore them. We will not put up with insults or put downs to other members. If you haven't read the rules, do so now! Warning points will soon be given to offenders. Thanks for understanding as we want this to be a polite and friendly type of forum for all.

Question is why does this not extend to the game itself? PMs get received by players all the time that are far worse than we see in this forum and when they are reported to support with snapshots of the messages nothing is done about them and the threads are shut down.

From my experience something is done. They just do not tell you what that is for privacy reasons.

DeletedUser26660

They do not tell you, but they do tell the offending player ;)

No. Only got a two day ban ;)

So I take it you have been the offending player then for sending offensive PMs and you reckon the 2 day ban was worth it judging by the smiley face. Spare a moment to consider how you would feel if someone sent you such a PM, or even someone you know like a family member who received one...then consider that before sending another as it is not nice and not clever.

Agent327

So I take it you have been the offending player then for sending offensive PMs and you reckon the 2 day ban was worth it judging by the smiley face. Spare a moment to consider how you would feel if someone sent you such a PM, or even someone you know like a family member who received one...then consider that before sending another as it is not nice and not clever.

You misunderstand. It was on the beta. I send a message to someone from my own country in our language. It was a guild member and we were having an argument. Did not expect her to send that to Support. They used Google Translate and it came up much worse. Normal language was translated litterally. That's why I can smile about it and that's why I know they take action.

DeletedUser26660

You misunderstand. It was on the beta. I send a message to someone from my own country in our language. It was a guild member and we were having an argument. Did not expect her to send that to Support. They used Google Translate and it came up much worse. Normal language was translated litterally. That's why I can smile about it and that's why I know they take action.

I don't see I have misunderstood anything. Your guild mate obviously felt offended enough by the content of your message in hers/your native tongue to send your message to Support who upheld her complaint which resulted in your 2 day ban...so using the excuse that it was a guild mate you sent it to does not justify sending an offensive message. Nicholas above puts it very nicely and that is good advice to follow.

Agent327

I don't see I have misunderstood anything. Your guild mate obviously felt offended enough by the content of your message in hers/your native tongue to send your message to Support who upheld her complaint which resulted in your 2 day ban...so using the excuse that it was a guild mate you sent it to does not justify sending an offensive message. Nicholas above puts it very nicely and that is good advice to follow.

You know that means that if you say anything in your own language that isn't offensive, you have to put it through Google Translate to see if nothing offensive comes up?

Good luck with that.

DeletedUser26660

You know that means that if you say anything in your own language that isn't offensive, you have to put it through Google Translate to see if nothing offensive comes up?

Good luck with that.

You are blaming Google translate for something when in fact you say that your guild mate who speaks the same native tongue as you found the message you sent to her offensive enough to report you to Support.

Agent327

You are blaming Google translate for something when in fact you say that your guild mate who speaks the same native tongue as you found the message you sent to her offensive enough to report you to Support.

No, she saw an opportunity to get me into trouble. Something I am very capable of doing myself, but not that time.

DeletedUser34817

Why does it matter? Agent327 was able to provide an answer to the question and served their punishment. He volunteered the information in order to assist another member posing a question.

Exactly. Seems a bit late for a lecture from people who know little about the situation when it's irrelevant to the topic at hand. Whatever in game beef there was is obviously taken care of.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34480

Apparently, you can assign "ignore" to player. I presume, it stops PMs.