• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Contributed points in GE

DeletedUser32387

Some players, in the same age, get more points than others at the same level when playing GE.

So 2 questions.
How do you get the most points when playing in GE?

Does a player with ToR get more points than a player without ToR?

Super Catanian

Some other notes...

Obviously, being in a higher age results in more EP.
Since you receive a small number of points after a failed attempt, these players might be using up more attempts.

If I'm not mistaken, the number of EP generated depends on the number of battle points after a successful battle, or the number of resources spent after a successful negotiation. Don't ask me for the ratios, though. :p

DeletedUser29726

Some other notes...

Obviously, being in a higher age results in more EP.
Since you receive a small number of points after a failed attempt, these players might be using up more attempts.

If I'm not mistaken, the number of EP generated depends on the number of battle points after a successful battle, or the number of resources spent after a successful negotiation. Don't ask me for the ratios, though. :p

For fighting it's not battle points per se - Battle points reward not taking damage to a small extent and are zero if you fail - but the expedition points are the same for a successful encounter regardless of how close you came to losing and give you a small reward for how many units you damaged/killed if you fail. At one point at least (might still be the case) battle points was also exclusively based on twice the points for the 2nd wave regardless of what's in the first wave (resulting in small points for those kill 8 and then 3 more encounters). Note that some encounters have a partial number of units from previous age and I don't think which ones are previous is the same units for everyone (also AF has an extra heavy and OF an extra of every unit type that's random which unit of a type you get and how many - and they reward different amounts of points). It's possible these differences in units can lead to different scores on success - they do lead to different amounts of battle points available.

I'm not sure on negotiation if it's the same on success or not as I never paid attention - but negotiation strategies tend to build in a small chance to fail and restart rather than spend diamonds for an extra turn - and thus will earn more that way - failed negotiations give points based on how close to correct you wound up being I believe. Overall negotiation is supposed to be similar but not the same on success as fighting.

Super Catanian

For fighting it's not battle points per se - Battle points reward not taking damage to a small extent and are zero if you fail - but the expedition points are the same for a successful encounter regardless of how close you came to losing and give you a small reward for how many units you damaged/killed if you fail.
Thanks for clearing that up!!

DeletedUser37581

For negotiating, the expedition points rewarded are based on the number of resources used (with the first guess always using five resources). At 10 resources used, the amount of expedition points will basically equal the those earned by fighting. Each additional six resources used increases the amount of expedition points by 10%.

So if an encounter would earn 100 expedition points by fighting, it will earn approximately 100 expedition points if 10 resources are used in negotiation, 110 expedition points if 16 resources are used, and 120 points if 22 resources are used.

The expenditure of diamonds does not affect the amount of expedition points rewarded.