• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

"Cry Mail"

DeletedUser31592

So, many of you show off your PvP cry mail and we all laugh over it.

After struggling to complete a DC regarding taverns and another one with silver, I decided to update my friends. I had 98 and I cut everyone without a burgundy cloth. It took me down to 59 :eek: (This city was opened in October in an established world.)

I've gotten several messages today from the people I cut. A few were simply asking why- where I explained that it was nothing they did. If they upgrade their tavern, they can send me a new request and I will gladly accept. I took the time to explain why they should focus on getting a higher level table cloth, too.

But, I also got some cry mail.

threat.PNG
Ah. This guy. He ignored me so I couldn't respond. I can't explain my 'stupid behavior'. He has 28 of 60 FPs on a self-leveled Oracle. So I dropped an FP so I can snipe some FPs once he gets it up a little more. (15 FPs is the reward.)
And we are both in Iron Age, so I'm assuming he is threatening me by the last comment. Except I haven't unlocked Military Tactics. If we end up in the same neighborhood, I so wish I could see his face when he can't attack me.

usuck.PNG
And then we have a man of few words :rolleyes:

Anyone else get some non-PvP cry mail? Please share!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31397

No cry mail yet for me for non-PVP but I will love to share it on here when I get it.

DeletedUser31592

No cry mail yet for me for non-PVP but I will love to share it on here when I get it.
You can share PvP, too. Here or in the plunder thread :)

I've only recently began PvP and only in my Iron Age city with Military Tactics unlocked. That city struggles for some reason so I just started plundering goods the other day. No PvP cry mail yet, although I figure I should get some any day now.

Falconwing

My cry mail has turned into some brutal hate mail lately. Last one was "you" and a paragraph of ***** with a few ball lesses thrown in. I even got called evil once. I mean really, calling someone evil over a game? I admit I ain't a nice guy, but I don't have a pack of Paladins chasing after me.

Salsuero

I was taking 1st or 2nd on an Arc for a while. I first found it when he joined my hood. I took a few levels and then he moved out of my hood. Then several weeks later, he came back to my hood, so I started up again. Never had a complaint from anyone. He decided to add me as a friend and I accepted. At that point I started taking 1st or 2nd on all of his levels. There was no "agreement" with anyone on his Arc, so it was basically 1st come, 1st serve. I would sometimes get unlucky and miss a level when two players would beat me to it, but I'd usually make sure to jump back on once it leveled again. I had taken 1st/2nd on several levels when the next level hit. One player locked 1st. No problem, it happens. Another one posted a bunch toward 2nd, but stopped 82 FPs from locking it. I came online, saw what had happened and locked (yes, sniped) 2nd place:

[IMAGE REMOVED FOR IMPROVED ANONYMITY]

The interesting thing was that this player has a high enough level Arc that he would've profited by locking it. Instead, he either didn't have enough FPs in inventory or he was trying to be greedy and hope to win it with a lower bid. Either way... not my problem! So then I got to have this lovely conversation:

Screen shot A.jpg

And the result of that from the owner when I asked if I should stop donating to his Arc and anticipate being unfriended:

Screen shot C.jpg

Well, that's pretty much what I expected... and then this happens:

Screen shot D.jpg
Screen shot B.jpg

Suffice to say... the Arc owner is now in our guild. Only a coward puts you on ignore so you can't respond, only to unignore you, send you a threat, and then re-ignore you without allowing you to respond to said threat. LOL I stand by my statement to him... some people just can't handle playing this game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31592

I am adding one of my deleted friends back. He is one of a couple that asked why I removed him instead of being a jerk. He an obvious new player, so I explained why an upgraded table cloth is important and how it can progress his game. I also invited him to send me an invitation in a few days (giving me time to get 80 locked in). He then thanked me and told me I was his first friend on here and he didn't want to lose me- especially because I aid and tavern sit daily. (I feel so guilty for removing him!)

Since he asked, he was given advice to further his game and he will continue to get assistance from me moving forward- aiding, taverns, and advice if needed.

The jerks who send ridiculous messages get nothing. They don't learn the game and they ensure that I will never accept a friend invitation from them.

Why don't people learn?

DeletedUser31498

I was taking 1st or 2nd on an Arc for a while. I first found it when he joined my hood. I took a few levels and then he moved out of my hood. Then several weeks later, he came back to my hood, so I started up again. Never had a complaint from anyone. He decided to add me as a friend and I accepted. At that point I started taking 1st or 2nd on all of his levels. There was no "agreement" with anyone on his Arc, so it was basically 1st come, 1st serve. I would sometimes get unlucky and miss a level when two players would beat me to it, but I'd usually make sure to jump back on once it leveled again. I had taken 1st/2nd on several levels when the next level hit. One player locked 1st. No problem, it happens. Another one posted a bunch toward 2nd, but stopped 82 FPs from locking it. I came online, saw what had happened and locked (yes, sniped) 2nd place:

View attachment 8990

The interesting thing was that this player has a high enough level Arc that he would've profited by locking it. Instead, he either didn't have enough FPs in inventory or he was trying to be greedy and hope to win it with a lower bid. Either way... not my problem! So then I got to have this lovely conversation:

View attachment 8993

And the result of that from the owner when I asked if I should stop donating to his Arc and anticipate being unfriended:

View attachment 8995

Well, that's pretty much what I expected... and then this happens:

View attachment 8996
View attachment 8994

Suffice to say... the Arc owner is now in our guild. Only a coward puts you on ignore so you can't respond, only to unignore you, send you a threat, and then re-ignore you without allowing you to respond to said threat. LOL I stand by my statement to him... some people just can't handle playing this game.

Man that's crazy. Surprised you didn't ask why he didn't just lock it up? Bad math? lol

Salsuero

Man that's crazy. Surprised you didn't ask why he didn't just lock it up? Bad math? lol

I don't care and was indulging him more than I normally would to begin with out of a minor "respect" for the fact that they were guildmates. That respect wore off pretty quick, though.

DeletedUser29295

Sometimes I upload the wrong one, and have to go back and load the blurred out message.

And that is crazy.

My cry mail has turned into some brutal hate mail lately.

Mine has as well: I have screen shot it, but have not posted it because most is *** out by Inno. But I have been called all kinds of stuff lately: and to think I got a warning because I called someone a snowflake once months ago when they were whining to me.

*Arturis*

I blurred out every identifying piece of information. It's anonymous now. I think sending those messages to me in the first place is wrong, but I guess it's only wrong if you call someone out publicly on their bull.
Not good enough, i can just go to the world you play in, look for a level 40 ish arc from GB ranking and look for a GB with your name as 2nd donor, now I know the owner and the guys mailed you right there. If you don't believe it, I can pm you those guys names and I am not even play in your world. A picture can tell a thousand words remember?

DeletedUser

Not good enough, i can just go to the world you play in, look for a level 40 ish arc from GB ranking and look for a GB with your name as 2nd donor, now I know the owner and the guys mailed you right there. If you don't believe it, I can pm you those guys names and I am not even play in your world. A picture can tell a thousand words remember?
And nobody would care who they are. There is no expectation of privacy in the in-game messaging system. If someone is going to be an a**, they deserve to have their stupidity put on display. Internet anonymity is merely an enabler for idiots to act in a way they would not have the guts to do face to face. Besides which, it's only their game name anyway, it's not like it would be giving out their home address or anything. Sheesh.

DeletedUser29563

Hmmm...this is actually a pretty good point. I'm conflicted now.

DeletedUser31592

And nobody would care who they are. There is no expectation of privacy in the in-game messaging system. If someone is going to be an a**, they deserve to have their stupidity put on display. Internet anonymity is merely an enabler for idiots to act in a way they would not have the guts to do face to face. Besides which, it's only their game name anyway, it's not like it would be giving out their home address or anything. Sheesh.

I'm with you. Bullies are jerks. Internet bullies are even worse- they hide behind their anonymity.

Because I try not to be a jerk, I blocked their names. But I have no problem with other people outing jerks. I just hate confrontation. I guess that carries over into the forum that these guys will likely never read.

Salsuero

Yes, you can... if you wanna go through all that work. I did my part in anonymizing it. I don't care. Don't come at me like that and I won't post it. Done deal. Some people don't even blur names! I showed him more respect by blurring out his identifying "game handle" than he ever did me.