• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daylight Savings?

DeletedUser24425

Does the servers not adjust to Daylight Savings? I have to wait an hour for my productions (which I understand is technically 24 hrs). I can't remember how it worked last year.

DeletedUser25273

My guess is that 24 hours is 24 hours and not the same time on the next day.

DeletedUser24425

I guess so, and I believe Inno is based outside the US so they may not participate in daylight savings.

No problem, just curious.

DeletedUser25273

Inno is German based, which does do Daylight Savings, but with different dates than the US.

Imagine the complaints in the fall when the clocks go back if they did it by 'Clock' time, and the timers started hour longer than expected due to the DST switch.

DeletedUser26579

The story goes that there was once a steel mill that automated by clock time. When daylight savings time hit, they moved the cooling steel by clock time, so the steel had one fewer hour to cool. Bits of molten steel were all over the place.

Moral of the story -- goods take a fixed elapsed time to produce -- you can't rush goods production by an hour just by changing the clock.