• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Dear Virtual Future Players

plinker2

The thread is pretty good, but it is starting to ramble a bit. Lets stay more topic focused, ok?

DeletedUser13838

Inno put the genie back in the bottle on treasury GBs by releasing the AA province as the capstone to the GvG map. They could have gone the other route and simply nerfed the bonus, but it's clear to me at least that they didn't like just how many goods these GBs (especially the Arc) ended up producing and so they effectively removed the bonus for high-age players.
I think the issue with the arc is it showed the lack of foresight by the designers. If they really did plan on making FE the last gvg age then why would they make an FE gb give treasury goods?

Anyway, that's a bit off-topic. Regarding VF, it's as good as could be for the first part of what's going to probably be another 5 or 6-part age. The aesthetics are decent; the campaign map is interesting (though you don't really have to be in VF to see that); the quests are generally annoying; the goods are certainly more valuable than OF was when that age initially released; and of the three military units, Ronins are the best but Ninjas have their uses as well. The Samurai is the hardest to use and the worst of the bunch.
I don't know what you mean by "good as it can be". Many (most?) of us are tired of the multiple chapter release. The units don't work well and will probably be adjusted over and over again as they release new units because they don't seem to be thinking ahead. WIth the 6 chapters in OF we had 8 different housing and 10 different productions. They have the data but can they tell who uses what or any supplies? They have no use outside of RQs so what do they see that they feel that adding so many supply buildings is something the players want? With 10 different military units how many did people really use? OF was stretched out beyond any reason and I don't want to see VF go in the same direction.

The GB is a nice change and a good compromise for what people were looking for. This is why VF goods are more valuable than OF goods at the beginning because Atlantis is not nearly as useful as TA IMO. I think if Kraken was introduced first (as it is now and not its crappy initial version - which never made it to live?) I think it might be different.

I like the VF aestetheics better than any age since FE (IMO, OF is ugly - more like swamp future - and AF was relatively uninteresting). I just wish I didn't have to zoom in on the 1-lane roads to see their awesomeness.

I like the way continental map was implemented.

DeletedUser26965

Why is someone allowed to throw out insulting comments about others on someone else's thread? I'm sure if Dur was unsatisfied he could handle it given it's his post and he's a mod after all.

DeletedUser26965

You are flaunting those rules in everyone's face, but ofcourse they do not apply to you. Yes I give a crap. Don't like hypocrites.
Quit posing, you constantly insult pretty much everyone and particularly me which has been going on for months now, you clearly could care less about the game or else why put such effort into harassing forum posters. Why they let you continue is beyond belief.

Mustapha00

I'd think that it would be a great day to be an early-Age player, seeing as how there are more ways to make higher amounts of FPs daily than ever before, and Arc-Age goods are now easier than ever to obtain as they are the by-product of VF-Age players, so the FP price of a set of Arc goods should be dropping quickly.