• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Death Penalty

DeletedUser

What I am having a hard time coming to terms with is something you and I have discussed before. I feel that killers that there is no doubt in their guilt deserve the death penalty....but as you pointed out. Where do you draw the line. As to that, that is a struggle I am trying to find balance in.
Now that is something I'd love to hear, if you ever find an answer. Perhaps you'd be better off starting with the following question: given the remainder of their whole life and reasonable care, who could not be rehabilitated?

DeletedUser1771

Not really...you adapt to whatever is tossed at you...being in a nursing home is a similar institutionalized setting and people adapt...having worked w released prisoners...it is actually harder to re-adapt to the real world coming out because of cognitive shifts...that is one reason for re offending...

DeletedUser

Seems to me either some people are playing devil's advocate or, if they truly believe what they are stating, god forbid they are ever required to serve on a jury and weigh up the evidence for a fair verdict. Scary prospect. Their attitude goes some way to explaining so many miscarriages of justice. Huge generalisation here but that seems to be the general approach.