• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Deleting a GB

Falconwing

Just how easy is it to accidentally delete a GB?

I see people in chat complaining that they accidentally deleted a GB. I haven't had the nerve to test the waters myself, but isn't there some kind of safety 'button' you have to click again to do this? I have confirmation boxes pop up on all kinds of decisions, from spending Diamonds, to donating supplies/coins on quests, to (ahem) selling/deleting buildings. Seems like there should be at least one confirmation button for a GB, if not two. Does anyone know the exact steps to deleting a GB?

So, are people really deleting GB's by accident, or are they just a lil bit stupid.

DeletedUser37581

When you delete a GB, there is a confirmation message. That message requires a check box to be checked. Then, and only then, does the Sell button activate.

However, if you are deleting a lot of Face of the Ancient buildings after placing them for a quest, you can complete that process without even thinking about what you are doing. That's one of the problems of having too many confirmation popups.

DeletedUser

They added the confirmation check box to the FoA and GotSG because apparently a lot of players were accidentally deleting/selling them. (And they are soooo hard to replace!;)) Now there are players accidentally deleting/selling GBs instead, as @dontwannaname said, but I guess not as many as were accidentally deleting/selling FoA and GotSG.

DeletedUser29726

They added the confirmation check box to the FoA and GotSG because apparently a lot of players were accidentally deleting/selling them. (And they are soooo hard to replace!;)) Now there are players accidentally deleting/selling GBs instead, as @dontwannaname said, but I guess not as many as were accidentally deleting/selling FoA and GotSG.

Well when they added it for the expedition decos it was added to all 'event/expedition/premium' buildings - which mostly is a good thing. I had heavy buy/sell strategies at points that resulted in me deleting SoKs for instance at a time I didn't want to. This was before multilevel event buildings were a common thing and I imagine people accidentally selling the likes of a Winter Spire is why they finally did add confirmation (I'd be about as pissed to delete one of those as a GB).

I agree that it'd be nice to at least remove the confirmation from faces/gates because buying and selling those is a fairly common thing to do for happiness quests. But there's very few things that come with a checkbox confirmation that you'd want to mass-sell so I overall find things better now than before.

Emberguard

The confirmation checkbox was originally GBs only. Then players requested it be included in premium and event buildings too.

So now it's on everything except tech tree stuff as anything that's not is either GB, premium or event

DeletedUser29726

Didn't FotA and GotSG use to be better/on par with premium stuff? I think that's why they are part of that category.

In lower ages they are. But mostly they're in the category because when they moved things to confirmation they moved everything that wasn't coin/supply built. i.e. if there's no guarantee you can just rebuild it, confirm to delete it. face and gate just happen to be the two examples that people may wish weren't moved by the clean division. But it's probably systematically simpler to not have a 3rd category of 'event/expedition but not good enough to worry about deleting' as what exactly belongs in that category would be controversial.

Agent327

They added the confirmation check box to special buildings. FoA and GotSG happen to be those.

DeletedUser

They added the confirmation check box to special buildings. FoA and GotSG happen to be those.
Good catch. I rarely build or sell other premium buildings, so I hadn't noticed yet on them.