• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Desktop Login With iPhone Acct?

Fissh

I first started playing FoE a few weeks ago on my iPhone. My FoE acct. is linked to my Facebook acct., and that is how I log into the game. I don't think my acct. is linked to my email address nor does it have a password. Therefore, I have been unable to figure our how to log into the desktop/browser version of the game using my iPhone acct. Any suggestions?

DeletedUser27096

I first started playing FoE a few weekis ago on my iPhone. My FoE acct. is linked to my Facebook acct., and that is how I log into the game. I don't think my acct is linked to my email address nor does it have a password. Therefore, I have been unable to figure our how to log into the desktop/browser version of the game using my iPhone acct. Any suggestions?
This happened to me also. I had to contact support. Here's how: on the app, tap the right facing arrow on the bottom left/middle screen, the click Settings. Scroll down and you will see the button for Support. Click the yellow button in the upper right that says "My Tickets". From there you can open a new ticket. Explain to them what happened and ask if they can reset your password. Your User ID is your game name. As part of the reset, they will send you a confirmation link via email. Be sure you confirm your account by clicking the link in the email. If you don't and anything goes wrong with your app or your account, you could lose everything (Support told me this because I had to reinstall the app, which apparently is not uncommon because of all the updates to the game. Sometimes the updates make the app behave strangely and a reinstall is necessary (not often, thankfully)). Hope this helps!

Fissh

I see 4 choices in the bottom section of the Game Settings.

1. Logout and return to the login screen
2. Disconnect the application from Facebook
3. Open the support system
4. Open the forum in your browser

Clicking on the support button returns an error that it cannot reach the support system.

DeletedUser27096

Oh boy...hmmm, let me see if I can find another way for you to reach them...brb.

DeletedUser27096

Try this (can't paste the full link so type an https:// at the beginning.

support.innogames.com/login/to/game/forgeofempires/market/us

Under the box where it asks for User Name and PW, there is a link to click if you forgot your PW. If you click that, it should let you create a ticket. Your email address is probably the address associated with your Facebook account.

See images:

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

Fissh

Well, the plot thickens. :) So while trying to get this to work, I created a second acct. which is also linked to Facebook. I went to look at the Facebook app settings and FoE shows up twice. The working acct. has an email address associated with it in Facebook, and the non-working acct. (the one I use), does not! And I don't see any way to associate an email address with it.

DeletedUser27096

Well, the plot thickens. :) So while trying to get this to work, I created a second acct. which is also linked to Facebook. I went to look at the Facebook app settings and FoE shows up twice. The working acct. has an email address associated with it in Facebook, and the non-working acct. (the one I use), does not! And I don't see any way to associate an email address with it.
Hmm...I'm not sure what you should do. When I had this issue, I ended up deleting my first city (I hadn't done much or bought diamonds) and starting over but I also didn't contact support. I'm sure they can help you. It may take them a few hours or a day to get back to you.

DeletedUser28503

u got caught in the inno trap, just take it as early sign of caution and get out now before you get sucked in. This game is riddled with bugs flaws and complaints teh devs do not care and ignore us.

Fissh

Seems like the iPhone app is not using the Facebook email addresses, so resetting the password does not generate an email to me.