• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Determining points

DeletedUser

I've noticed the happiness of your people helps, what determines how many points you get from a victory?

DeletedUser4844

Each troop you defeat gives a certain number of points as shown here: http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/...-regarding-military-buildings-and-their-units
Look at the battle points per defeated unit column. If your people are enthusiastic (happiness greater then or equal to 1.4 times the population of your city) you get an extra 20%. Then a certain amount is subtracted if you have wounded or killed units on your side after the battle. Not sure how many, but it may simply subtract the number of battlepoints the unit is worth, or 1/10 the number per wound (where a unit that takes 10 wounds dies). Note that only the attacker can ever get battle points, and only if the attack is successful. These battle points go toward the PvP towers corresponding to the age of the highest age attacking unit (so, if you attack with 6 bronze age units and 2 iron age units, it goes to the iron age tower, if you attack with 1 early middle age unit and 7 iron age uinits it goes to the early middle age tower, and so forth).

DeletedUser

What happens if you get attacked and the attacker loses? As i understand you won't gain any points as defender but will the succesfull defeat be added your total of won battles?

DeletedUser

No, your only benefit, and it's a good one, from a defensive victory is that the attacker can not loot or attack again for 24 hours.

DeletedUser4844

Of course, if, as a defender, you lose, the attacker can only loot once over the next 24 hours, and can't attack again either over the next 24 hours. REally, the only benefit as a defender to winning is that you won't get looted by that person for 24 hours. For an attacker there are a number of disadvantages to losing (not gaining battle points, not gaining won battles, not gaining city points, possibly more troops dead or injured, possibly lower rank in a PvP ladder for the week and fewer medals). If you are feeling vindictive I suppose you can consider the attacker's loss to be your gain.

Unfortunately, due to poor AI, the game tends to be stacked somewhat in the attacker's favor. This means that generally the attacker does win no matter what defense you put up (well, there are exceptions of course, that's why I said generally). If you want to deny the attacker battle points, city points, and position on PvP ladders, often the best way to do so is to put up no defense at all. It makes you easy to beat, but the attacker gets very few points for it. He won't lose any troops or have any troops wounded, but that's often not that big a factor anyway.

Some PvPers have taken to plundering only those who put up no defense as they really hate this. So, as a defender, sometimes putting up no defense results in getting plundered by someone who would not have plundered you otherwise, even if he won.

DeletedUser5356

Fighting 2 spearfighters is boring and people that defend their city this way need to be put into a"just wasting space" neighborhood.

DEFEND YOUR CITY !!!

DeletedUser

why should i defend my city? all my collections are timed so i never get plundered. all i'm doing is giving my opponents in my IA tower more points when they decide to attack me. why should i be punished for making a valid tactical decision? why should i cater to your needs and wants. if you find battling 2 spear fighters boring, that's your problem, not mine.

DEAL WITH IT!

DeletedUser

while this may make for a fine forge Hall discussion, it isn't at home in guides and questions. Let's try to keep on track.

DeletedUser

I have not seen it mentioned that:

After the battle you will see a ' Victory' screen. If you hover over the word 'Victory' on that screen you will see how many points you got for defeating your opponent. You will see how many bonus points you got for happiness. And you will see how many points you lost due to injury. The total is the score added to your tower rank.