• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Diamonds

RIGEL1

I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times.
I keep seeing guilds that "mine diamonds" or have "diamond farming", what exactly is that and how is this achieved?

Ebeondi Asi

There are buildings a player can own that, at times, provide Diamonds. Some players create extra cities they develope to make a lot of Diamonds for Their account. Typically these cities have mainly the buildings that can provide some Diamonds. The players have little interest in developing them other than to get more diamonds from them.
Those cities are called diamond farms, and collecting them call Diamond Farming.
Most Guilds want players that are fully involved in most aspects of play. However Diamond farming Guilds are just for folks with Diamond farms in that World. So they probably play GE since GE gives Diamonds. and maybe some GbG since GbG can give Diamonds.
(I have never been in a Guild like that so I am guessing)

Dursland

To expand on previous post, the cities are typically filled with buildings that give diamonds like wishing wells, fountains of youth, crow's nest, seed vault. himeji castle. You can also use Blue Galaxy to double collected diamonds, I've gotten 100 diamonds from wells/fountains several times.

Then there's doing GE. A few of the chests on the first 3 levels have small amounts of diamonds and there's a possibility of getting 100 diamonds on the final chest of level 3. Then level 4 has several chests with diamonds.

And GBG diamond league. I estimate I get around 100 diamonds per 300 fights.

Stay Rita

To expand on previous post, the cities are typically filled with buildings that give diamonds like wishing wells, fountains of youth, crow's nest, seed vault. himeji castle. You can also use Blue Galaxy to double collected diamonds, I've gotten 100 diamonds from wells/fountains several times.

Then there's doing GE. A few of the chests on the first 3 levels have small amounts of diamonds and there's a possibility of getting 100 diamonds on the final chest of level 3. Then level 4 has several chests with diamonds.

And GBG diamond league. I estimate I get around 100 diamonds per 300 fights.

fun fact: average diamond haul from doing 64 encounters per week is 150-300 diamonds.

Johnny B. Goode

I have several Diamond farms. They all have several Wishing Wells and Fountains of Youth. Occasionally I'll supplement their Diamond production with a bit of GE, but GBG takes too much of a commitment to be relevant to a real Diamond farm. I consider a day with 100 Diamonds a really poor production day. Days with 300-500 are more common. That's with 6 Diamond farms. Three of them don't really have very many WWs/FoYs. (I don't collect every day, which would probably drive the maximizers here crazy. LOL)

Pericles the Lion

Ive gotten lucky getting a hundred diamonds in ge...but none with wells yet. Thats why i sell in AD, i find them useless
It's not luck, it's percentages. Have 1 WW and you'll get diamonds every 100 days (collecting daily). Have 100 wells and you'll get diamonds every day on average. Easy to forget one reward in 100 days, not so much if you're getting them daily.

Dursland

Indeed. Wells do pay diamonds but even with 30+ wells in one world there are some weeks where I see zero diamonds more than half the time but on average they pay out a few hundred a month. I have 3 worlds with wells/fountains so it adds up.

Cyrus the Adequate

I have two diamond farms under construction. One has 37 WW/FoYs and one Crow's Nest, with a couple of WWs in inventory that I need space to plant. The second is newer and only has 22 WW/FoYs.

Right now, both still have the general purpose buildings to support getting through GE and events to collect more WWs and FoYs; once they get to 50-60 each, I'll probably do away with most of the other stuff and just daily collect.

All in, I get enough that I can keep an inventory of around 10K diamonds to use for grabbing the event prizes that include more WWs/FoYs. Eventually, it should grow to the point that I can use diamonds for accelerating settlements and negotiations, but that may take a while.

xivarmy

I have two diamond farms under construction. One has 37 WW/FoYs and one Crow's Nest, with a couple of WWs in inventory that I need space to plant. The second is newer and only has 22 WW/FoYs.

Right now, both still have the general purpose buildings to support getting through GE and events to collect more WWs and FoYs; once they get to 50-60 each, I'll probably do away with most of the other stuff and just daily collect.

All in, I get enough that I can keep an inventory of around 10K diamonds to use for grabbing the event prizes that include more WWs/FoYs. Eventually, it should grow to the point that I can use diamonds for accelerating settlements and negotiations, but that may take a while.
Using diamonds for more wells is seldom a good buy. Each well will produce about 180 diamonds a year on average. So if you got one for 500 diamonds, that'd be ~3 years before it even paid for itself.

Oswyn the noble

It's not luck, it's percentages. Have 1 WW and you'll get diamonds every 100 days (collecting daily). Have 100 wells and you'll get diamonds every day on average. Easy to forget one reward in 100 days, not so much if you're getting them daily.
Someday....ill get some rocks from the wells. IF i can holdoff selling em off in AD

nellymo

OK this confuses me. If you have multiple cities and thus one is say a diamond mine, how does that benefit your main city?