• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Disable “Insta-Build for Diamonds” when Selling Buildings

DeletedUser36819

Some of these comments are confusing me..? I play on mobile and just hopped on desktop to see how it works there. This proposal is currently implemented on desktop version, but does not exist on mobile. On desktop, pressing the "Sell" button at the top of the screen removes all "Finish Now" popups that are displayed over buildings. This is what my proposal is addressing, but for mobile.

BruteForceAttack

Some of these comments are confusing me..? I play on mobile and just hopped on desktop to see how it works there. This proposal is currently implemented on desktop version, but does not exist on mobile. On desktop, pressing the "Sell" button at the top of the screen removes all "Finish Now" popups that are displayed over buildings. This is what my proposal is addressing, but for mobile.

Okay you are correct, maybe create a new proposal?

Godly Luke

Five seconds is not valuable time. The average male adult lives about 2.397e+9 seconds. And if you are female the average life span is 2.554e+9 seconds. If you wish to check my sources here: ME
I see it’s use and positive impact for Inno.
Do you realize that Inno Games is trying to make money? They have these popups because they want people to spend diamonds, and BUY diamonds. Then they want them to buy more diamonds. How? The "claim your princely gift" Buy diamonds and receive a 150% more! The moment this proposal gets to dev, which is HIGHLY UNLIKELY, the dev will probably say, " HMMM? Will this help Inno get more money?" The answer is no. Nice try though.

DeletedUser32328

Five seconds is not valuable time. The average male adult lives about 2.397e+9 seconds. And if you are female the average life span is 2.554e+9 seconds. If you wish to check my sources here: ME

So what? I don't doubt your numbers, but how much it takes out of your life span doesn't matter. Time wasted is time wasted.

DeletedUser32328

Not saying it is, but maybe this is Dnsl?
Of course it is, because...

• Changes regarding Diamonds (costs of items and features, package prices, use of diamonds, etc.).
Ummm, well, heck. I wonder whose quality of life?

Free rollers? The average cash customers? Whales? Any player who for whatever reason wants to instabuild?

INNO?

Unsurprisingly, I am looking at it from my own personal perspective.

Might wanna ponder Point of Sales Advertising Psychology (Specifically impulse buying, why candy bars and rag magazines are next to the cash register) and then take a gander at this Proposal from INNNO's QoL PoV.
Well aware of that technique. I'm not going to worry about Inno's QoL though.

I don't reclom that's quite right.
Huh?

How many millions of buildings built per day?

If this didn't pop up constantly, if you didn't see it with each build, isn't it a little teensy weensy bit more likely that you may not remember the instabuild option when you're concentrating on placing new buildings?

Why would INNO want to make it even microscopically more likely someone forgets the possibility of spending cash?

Or make it even just one click more difficult to spend money on an impulse buy?

I mean, if it's my game and I have an option like instabuild, I want players who I'm tempting to spend money to be constantly reminded about this ability so they have it in the back of their mind every time they build.

So that when they drop a building they may want to make that spontaneous impulse purchase.
I would much rather spend a monthly fee to play the game. Right now, I don't see any point at all to buy diamonds, given how easily they can be obtained.

And those other players accidentally spending Diamonds? I'm ok with that as well. Especially folk who do it a lot. After alll, when anyone complains about accidentally spending Diamonds I can advise them to turn on the confirmation to spend Diamonds. And if they still click through the confirmation and spend more Diamonds?

I'm OK with that, too.
I'm not against spending diamonds at all and I never said so, my post is clear on that.

DeletedUser

On desktop, pressing the "Sell" button at the top of the screen removes all "Finish Now" popups that are displayed over buildings. This is what my proposal is addressing, but for mobile.
Unfortunately, in light of this, the suggested change in this proposal falls on the Do Not Suggest List. Therefore, I will move this thread to Forge Hall in case anyone desires to continue the discussion.

Keep in mind that the reason bringing computer (PC) functions to mobile is on the DNSL is not because they don't want to implement them on mobile, but because in all likelihood they are already working or planning on working on them.

Algona

Reread. You said there's no practical reason for the popup. I said you were wrong.

Unsurprisingly, I am looking at it from my own personal perspective.

Well aware of that technique. I'm not going to worry about Inno's QoL though.

You got a fine point there, ain't nothing to be done about someone who wants to look at things solely from their personal perspective. Makes a right good answer to any argument: "I don;t see it.". Heh:

I don't see any point

Yup. Personal perspective does have that effect of limiting vision.

BruteForceAttack

Unfortunately, in light of this, the suggested change in this proposal falls on the Do Not Suggest List. Therefore, I will move this thread to Forge Hall in case anyone desires to continue the discussion.

Keep in mind that the reason bringing computer (PC) functions to mobile is on the DNSL is not because they don't want to implement them on mobile, but because in all likelihood they are already working or planning on working on them.

I don't think that is true, I'm sure Inno wants to hear all reasonable ideas. Exceptions would be like rotation of buildings or give diamonds for notin.l

DeletedUser

I don't think that is true, I'm sure Inno wants to hear all reasonable ideas. Exceptions would be like rotation of buildings or give diamonds for notin.l
All I know is that it is on the DNSL, and the reasoning I've seen is that they're working on bringing the two platforms more into sync already and don't want to be bothered by proposals about every little thing that's on PC but not mobile.

DeletedUser36819

I realized it was dnsl after checking the desktop. Didn’t realize it was already halfway there (mobile only player here), so it’s likely this might already be in the works. Could be next patch, could be 6 months out. Just depends on when the devs want to put in the couple days work to make sure bugs won’t ship with it. Thanks for the feedback folks!