• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Disconnecting GB's

sirblu

Will someone please explain to me the logic/purpose of disconnecting GB's from the town hall so donations cannot be made on them? I can understand if it is done when it is close to leveling and the owner does not want someone else to level it for them but why disconnect when it is hundreds of FP's away from leveling? In order to contribute to this particular GB, one has to send a PM asking the owner to connect it so a contribution could be made. Any insight out there?

spnnr

Some ppl do it when they have left the game , on vacation or if its a specific to a gb or gbs might be saving reward spaces for friends/guildies.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Will someone please explain to me the logic/purpose of disconnecting GB's from the town hall so donations cannot be made on them? I can understand if it is done when it is close to leveling and the owner does not want someone else to level it for them but why disconnect when it is hundreds of FP's away from leveling? In order to contribute to this particular GB, one has to send a PM asking the owner to connect it so a contribution could be made. Any insight out there?
Has he made it known that you have to PM him, or is that an assumption?

sirblu

Has he made it known that you have to PM him, or is that an assumption?
That is an assumption - when it first happened, I thought it might be an oversight so I PM'd him and he reconnected it and I made my contribution. Then today, I tried to post additional FP's on it and it is again disconnected. I again PM'd him but so far no response.

DeletedUser26120

My first guess would be that he has someone dropping fps on his GBs and knocking his swap partners out of spots, so he's doing this.

I'm in a three-way arc swap and we sometimes have this problem, people wanting the rewards.

sirblu

My first guess would be that he has someone dropping fps on his GBs and knocking his swap partners out of spots, so he's doing this.

I'm in a three-way arc swap and we sometimes have this problem, people wanting the rewards.
Thanks so much Dursland - that makes perfect sense now. I have been trying to get into one of those clubs but I understand it is done only within Guild and Guildmates so that won't work for me since I am the only one with an ARC in mine

DeletedUser26120

since I am the only one with an ARC in mine
Try checking your friends' list for similar level arc and starting a swap with them.

Arc swaps are insane in what they pay and the higher yours gets, the better the rewards are - plus guild goods. Collecting them gives you ranking points (as if you had donated them yourself) even if you don't care about the goods haha.

The sooner you start arc swapping the better off you'll be.

sirblu

Try checking your friends' list for similar level arc and starting a swap with them.

Arc swaps are insane in what they pay and the higher yours gets, the better the rewards are - plus guild goods. Collecting them gives you ranking points (as if you had donated them yourself) even if you don't care about the goods haha.

The sooner you start arc swapping the better off you'll be.

Thanks so much - I'll get started right on that - :)

DeletedUser30312

That's probably right. Sirblu plays on my world and I know of at least one player who is infamous for sniping high-level GB, I wouldn't be surprised if the disconnect is to block him.

I don't disconnect my GBs, so feel free to contribute where you like, sirblu. I'm going to be focusing on my attack buildings for a bit though, so it might be a few weeks before I get back to the Arc.