• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Discord terms of service

DeletedUser26120

Unless you've been living under a rock, you know Discord is the premier voice and chat app for gamers those days - quickly replacing Skype as the go-to.

They updated their Terms of Service and Privacy Policy so I read through and:
By uploading, distributing, transmitting or otherwise using Your Content with the Service, you grant to us a perpetual, nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, sublicensable, and worldwide license to use, host, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display Your Content in connection with operating and providing the Service.
Sounds like you are giving up property/copyright rights on anything you transmit through Discord?? Or am I misunderstanding that?

https://discordapp.com/terms

Freshmeboy

You just spelled out why I won't ever use their services....one other thing they don't mention...these transmissions are not considered private and can be used against you...Didn't they warn us that our freedoms aren't taken from us but given away a piece at a time....?

DeletedUser26120

People derided Skype as "big brother" but looks like this could be just as bad. :\