• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Do proposals ever get implemented?

• Thread starter DeletedUser26660
  • Start date

DeletedUser26660

Check out this beauty of a proposal submitted quite some while ago:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/road-hover-text.7131/

Obviously they have not acted on this, which I think is a shame. But there's no point in resubmitting duplicates, so I will go ahead and close this.

^^^This was something Jaelis commented on short while ago today and I agree that it is a good idea and one he says has not been acted upon.

So the question is, how many submitted proposals that have received the overall positive approval from members have actually been implemented? Do we have any figures for number of proposals approved v number of proposals implemented? Have any been implemented? :)

DeletedUser8152

A small fraction, but a fairly large number (over a dozen, I think) have been implemented. I make a partial list at one point a while ago.

DeletedUser25273

There is the proposal system as a way for the players to suggest ideas of what they want. There is no commitment that just because a proposal has been run through the process and accept by the players and submitted that there should be a presumption that it will be implemented. Some do get implemented, and some even have been implemented while they were being discussed.

From my experience, a large percentage of the proposals are prompted by impatient players wanting to make the game easier, and it is probably a good thing for the game that these aren't implemented. A significant part of the real enjoyment of playing a game is working to overcome a challenge, and if you bypass the challenge, you bypass the real long term enjoyment (it might make you happy for the moment, but that happiness is fleeting).

I will say that I think part of the purpose of the process is to give a 'feel good' aspect of being able to give the players a place to vent. Having the formal procedure says that actually pushing a proposal through the system can give the person a sense of accomplishment (even if the proposal then disappears into the 'black hole' of submitted).