• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Does GE stay the same or change with the player?

Glockgemini

I was under the impression that GE always stayed the same and you could master it by boosting your ATT/DEF bonuses. But it seems to keep getting harder and I heard that as your bonuses go up, so does GE. If that is so, then boosting your bonuses is fruitless for GE though probable still useful in GBG and other combats.

P C C

In case you missed the announcement, level 4 of GE was made a little harder when the rewards were improved. But that was a one time change only.

Johnny B. Goode

Yes if you increase your attack by leveling up attack GBs or getting boost buildings like checkmate square.. etc. GE attack/defense will increase also.

in 2018 I opened a ticket to support with the same question

My ticket:
so when my attack increases GE difficulty increases also??

support answer:
The difficulty is more associated with your era than your attack boost but indeed, they do have a correlation.
Whoever gave you that answer was just wrong. Everything I have seen says the opposite, including the official FoE Wiki. I have also checked three of my cities (in 3 different ages) against a chart of the enemy army boosts on an unnamed website, and all three match exactly with that chart. That would be extremely unlikely if my boosts had any effect on the enemy army's boosts.

Agent327

ok awesome can you share your data so we can prove ge doesn't have any correlation with your own attack/defense boost,
only way is to compare two same era cities with deferent attack/defense boost on same level GE

There is nothing to prove. There is no correllation between your own attack boost and the difficulty of GE. Boosts in GE are fixed. If you do not believe me have a look at the difficulty of your next fight in GE. Raise your own boosts and look again.

RazorbackPirate

ok awesome can you share your data so we can prove ge doesn't have any correlation with your own attack/defense boost,
only way is to compare two same era cities with deferent attack/defense boost on same level GE
Find the 'Wiki that Shall Not be Named' and do the research yourself. The Defending Army boost of each encounter is documented. The only thing that affects the strength of the units you face in GE is the age of your city when it starts.

Lord Pest

Both Agent and Razor are correct. Only the age you are in when GE starts affects the difficulty. Your ability to fight through GE is a good measure of the strength of your city. I used to negotiate all 64 each week. I finally realized that fighting was a much cheaper option. Each week as my fighting bonuses went up I could fight a little farther in GE. Eventually I got to the point where I could autofight all 64 without using a tavern bonus. With a decent Traz troops are much cheaper than goods.

Johnny B. Goode

From the replies (not to mention the info in both the FoE Wiki and the other, unnamed website) it appears that you are the only one here who believes there is a correlation. That puts the burden of proof on you, not us.

Glockgemini

Whoever gave you that answer was just wrong. Everything I have seen says the opposite, including the official FoE Wiki. I have also checked three of my cities (in 3 different ages) against a chart of the enemy army boosts on an unnamed website, and all three match exactly with that chart. That would be extremely unlikely if my boosts had any effect on the enemy army's boosts.
May be but I know that I was able to finish GE L4 without a lot of trouble, then I wasn't. My combat bonus didn't go down, it steadily increases. Still in the same age and that was in 2020.

Johnny B. Goode

May be but I know that I was able to finish GE L4 without a lot of trouble, then I wasn't. My combat bonus didn't go down, it steadily increases. Still in the same age and that was in 2020.
Yes, they increased the difficulty of level 4...for everybody. It was a game wide change, not related to your boosts. You must have missed this post earlier in the thread:
In case you missed the announcement, level 4 of GE was made a little harder when the rewards were improved. But that was a one time change only.