• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Does Industrial Age bonus map give troops?

DeletedUser35976

I am currently in LMA, and have done the LMA bonus area that gives colonial troops. These are great, as I have an edge in GE and city defense. Due to this, I don't want to age up to colonial age if I cannot get industrial age troops. Does the bonus area on the industrial age map give troops?

DeletedUser29726

Industrial Age story (completable in colonial) gives troops - bonus area does not afaik. Can even get a couple progressive troops from progressive story (first bit of which is doable in colonial). There will be some need to research a 'tech that does X' so make sure not to research too far into colonial before getting the story done.

DeletedUser29726

Note also that industrial bonus questline is not itself completable to get the quest slot back until industrial age (you have to research the industrial road tech near the end of it). You can however avoid unlocking the industrial bonus questline if you follow the 'support the south' path of the industrial story - if you've already fought ahead onto industrial map though this is likely not avoidable. I believe it's las penas you have to avoid conquering to not unlock the bonus line after taking garrincton (could be dragon city though i suppose as i've not taken either of those two in my worlds where i haven't unlocked industrial bonus yet).