• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Does it make sense to mine only the large deposits in SAM?

FriarTuck

It seems to me, after getting both large and small amounts of Mars Ore that, since I have to fight for both sizes, it might make sense to go after only the larger ones.
Or do these run out before the smaller ones do?

Pericles the Lion

It seems to me, after getting both large and small amounts of Mars Ore that, since I have to fight for both sizes, it might make sense to go after only the larger ones.
Or do these run out before the smaller ones do?
I harvested them all. I negotiated the little ones (4 goods) to use up Space Carrier charges and battled the bigger ones. A day's worth of exploration (if you can be on to collect every 4 hours) costs about 31,000 credits. These can easily be made on the colony with about 6 Simple Shelters (if you can collect every 4 hours). I loaded up the colony with Simple Shelters and always had a surplus of credits. Typically, I collected every four hours skipping one collection overnight.

Ebeondi Asi

I do all except the one hour one(there is no one hour in Mars, later Era Colonies have a one hour slot) . If you're on playing, it makes sense to do them all (Or almost all)
Once I switch to making Goods in the Colony I go for the 8 hr Housing. So it all is fewer moments clicking. I still do the four hour, though clollecting them less that every four hours most of the time.
The doing negotiations is a good idea to use up Space Carrier charges.
If for any reason you decide to pay Diamonds to speed up making Mars Ore the largest one (only) is the one to flip repeatedly for maximum savings Diamonds/ ore collected)

xivarmy

They never run out. You may as well do them all as the only cost is credits. The smaller ones may be inconsequential amounts, but it's still just "free" stuff.

But if you decide to diamond rush it should only ever be on the most expensive 24 hr one.

Ironrooster

I do them all, but I don't worry about harvesting them exactly when finished. I just harvest the ones that are ready when I'm playing.

I find the fights go pretty fast with 8 sentinels.

I am at the end of SAM, gathering goods and Mars Ore while I work my way through the SAAB map.

Emberguard

If you don't have enough credit production to do all the deposits, then yeah it would in that instance make sense to do only the bigger ones. Otherwise you might as well harvest all of them if you have the credits to do so

Ebeondi Asi

I do the 4hr 8hr and 24hr, I do skip the 1hr of later Space Eras.
As a player one can do which ever ones make the most sense. Whatever floats yor boat..
One should remember the fact of all the future needs of Special Goods for later Era Research. It iis much much easier to make the Special goods in Era, than to make them later with synthesizers