• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Does the Boat Ride to Ind Age count as a 'Scout" a province?

DeletedUser8428

If it didn't cost you both $ and time (something required by all scouting) then it isn't a scouting expedition. And yes, scouting new areas is part of the new continent.

glennthenerd

As I have seen it, the boat ride (to Industrial and to Progressive) leave you in the boat off-shore; then you have to explore the first province.

DeletedUser2145

I believe what the player wants to know is whether a quest with the requirement to scout a province will be satisfied if you scout a "transport" on the continent map. It's been too long since I've been in a similar position to remember, but I believe a boat/ship/plane scouting doesn't meet the requirement. Or at least I think it didn't in the past but can't be sure, only way to check is to actually do it (you have to do that scouting anyway).

DeletedUser8428

Since I recently took that trip - no. Taking the boat is not 'scouting'. Paying the coins/resources and waiting the proscribed length of time (or paying diamonds to speed things up) is the only way to scout and the only way to satisfy the quest.

qaccy

I took the boat to scout out the IndA map and it counted as a scout. Note that by 'scout' I mean going there for the first time (when it takes what, 31 hours?), not simply clicking on the transport to view the world map screen.