• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Does the Observatory helps the City?

DeletedUser23123

I planning on building the Observatory. Knowing that it does not produce goods for the City. However, As one Guilds start to Level up. Does it not help the City. Example, Healing time shorting from fighting even only with Neighbors. Or, Building get cheaper to build. Stuff like that. Is that what happen as the Guilds level up.
(Reason for asking) Too many are complaining the fact that the Observatory doesn't contribute to the City. Knowing full well that there are plenty of others GBs that does. Just wanted to know before I get a head full of crap, thinking it not even worth building.

DeletedUser8152

The Obs does nothing directly for your own city. Leveling up your guild does help your city, as you note. But having an observatory doesn't automatically help your guild level, it just makes it easier for you guild to fight in GvG (mainly by supplying goods for sieges etc).

One way that it can be directly useful is that the goods produced will count as goods you spent when the new ranking system is implemented, so you will get ranking points for them.

DeletedUser23123

Okay. That cool. I been dumping Forge in ever Observatory that I could find in my Neighborhood. Even made some friends that not neighbors, just for that purpose. I have 6 in one world listed and 4 in the other. Spent a lot of time doing it. Hate to see it all go to waste.

DeletedUser10789

Shrekgreen,
The OBS helps in two ways, not just one. Those ways are in producing goods directly to the guild you are in and to add points to the SUPPORT POOL. There is a full thread that is answered here about the Support Pool Bonus and I believe it answers your next question about what does that mean.
So, for any guild, an Observatory is a huge benefit to allow the guild to fight and provide a support pool for your guild. I suggest you build one and know that for only a 3x3 space on your map, it will allow you to help "passively". It will also have guilds want you to join their guilds as you are a benefit in helping them too. The only bad thing is that getting the blue prints for an OBS is that you must donate to one or win those prints when events and quests come up, so they are hard to come by the blue prints that is. In our guild, if someone wants a blue print, we ask them to stay in the top of them to get one for them. Trust me, if you stay with the game and even want your own guild, it is a building to have and will benefit you in the future.

LordStevie

Disclaimer: Any and all information as provided herewithin is meant solely for the express reason of aiding and helping other players of this forums and game. Further, any and all information listed in any and all posts, are fully adhered to the rules and guidelines of this forums, the game and the company INNO. Any changes to such proprietary statements, opinions, or wording of such posts are STRICKLY prohibited, UNLESS written approval by the writer, LordStevie, is granted.

DeletedUser10415

Observatories are useless for those who never intend to participate in guilds that participate in GvG.

DeletedUser23123

Been digging snow for the reason of being late. Thanks Lordstevie. Glarg:rolleyes::)

Glarg is right,if your not planning on joining a Guild anytime soon then there is no need to build an "Observatory" at this time,but I would suggest you continue searching and collecting BP for the Obs.,so if and when your ready to join a Guild that participates in GvG you will be ready to build and join the Campaign...

DeletedUser23123

I'm on 2 Guilds and have one of my own. One of the 2, already has one up. I just built one there, yesterday to double up the Treasure. My own is still young. Although, my members are getting trigger happy. I don't donate to the Guild straight out of my inventory. If they want to play GvG. They have to contribute themselves. Sort of made it like a Barbarian type rules. There isn't any. I decided to get the Observatory there so, they can get prints themself. Have about 8 Obs. going in one Guild. One rule was that they have to contribute to it and get one built before I release the Goods. Kind of harsh, but don't want free loader.

I would agree with you "shrekgreen", as a "founder" myself I to have limited our members' ability to gain access to our guild's Treasure.

In whatever GvG era we decide to work in,I suggest our members contribute out of there own personal coffers the goods,until we can have at lease a minimum of 5,000 goods for that age.

And we do as a guild,will not allow anyone in who does not have a Obs. of at least 3rd lvl.,though there have been some exception to this general rule at times...

DeletedUser34671

Disclaimer: Any and all information as provided herewithin is meant solely for the express reason of aiding and helping other players of this forums and game. Further, any and all information listed in any and all posts, are fully adhered to the rules and guidelines of this forums, the game and the company INNO. Any changes to such proprietary statements, opinions, or wording of such posts are STRICKLY prohibited, UNLESS written approval by the writer, LordStevie, is granted.

A disclaimer in a forum? I'm STRICKLY lol'ing.

DeletedUser34671

I'm strickly cringing at the fact that you necroed a 2-year old thread to say something irrelevant.
Just trying to learn about observatories, thanks to google for finding the thread. Re: my post, I've never seen a disclaimer like that in a forum, it's ridiculous and I couldn't not comment. Thanks for your irrelevant response.