• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Drain the FOE SWAMP

DeletedUser28503

Proposal
Drain the FOE Swamp by replacing all the developers with new ones who know what they are doing and can fix the lag and other game issues.

Current System (if applicable)
Current developers have proven they are unable to do there job.

Details
Its pretty self explanatory. New developers who know what they are doing could save this game from the doom that its heading for.

Abuse Prevention
No warning just do it so they can't try to fix the game any worse then its already fixed up.

Visual Aids
Due to forum rules I can not supply this without getting in trouble.

Conclusion
If this is done and the right people are hired then this game can be great again. So help me in Making FOE Great Again and Drain the FOE Swamp. Also make kai take all his dumb costumes with him.

DeletedUser28503

I'll move this to the tavern too.
funny-gangster-01.jpg

DeletedUser20660

hey Jaelis

On a serious note- where can you post where the Devs listen and willing to give an answer to when it will be fixed, I asked them directly on Innotv Live , but like all the mods through support give you generic answers, We are working on it!!! it really isnt good enough. the problem is they are to scared to say that it will never be fixed because we cant. What we will do is add more nonsense to the game to cover it all up hoping that no one is interested in GVG so we can get rid of it. GEX was introduce for phone players mo money.
Lag gets worse
INNO need to get honest and stop fobbing players off , they are not interest in player who have spent 4 years playing a game the love esp when GvG was introduced

DeletedUser8152

hey Jaelis

On a serious note- where can you post where the Devs listen and willing to give an answer to when it will be fixed, I asked them directly on Innotv Live , but like all the mods through support give you generic answers, We are working on it!!! it really isnt good enough. the problem is they are to scared to say that it will never be fixed because we cant. What we will do is add more nonsense to the game to cover it all up hoping that no one is interested in GVG so we can get rid of it. GEX was introduce for phone players mo money.
Lag gets worse
INNO need to get honest and stop fobbing players off , they are not interest in player who have spent 4 years playing a game the love esp when GvG was introduced
There are three basic routes to communicate to the devs:
1. Through support tickets: issues found there are compiled and forwarded to the devs
2. Through the forum feedback threads: against issues brought up are summarized for the devs
3. The proposals process: proposals voted up are forwarded to the devs.

As for lag, certainly the devs are aware there's an issue. IMO the issue is a complicated one with no simple fix, and part of which is outside of Inno control. But I don't really know. I'm pretty sure it's not just a question of "Buy biggers servers" because (1) lag can happen at times when the server load does not seem high, (b) one player can see terrible lag while another has none, and (c) personally I see a clear difference in lag depending on which computer I use. Which is not to say that the game doesn't have intrinsic lag issues, just that I don't think it is a single problem that can be easily fixed.

DeletedUser28503

LAG is complicated but easily fixed. This work around has worked for me for 4 years and its crazy I finally tell everyone why I am so fast and its like no one believes me. There are few things in it that doesn't work because of some other variables with wifi users and number of units however I can even prove my fix would fix them 2. To be honest I kind of lost any respect for the communication setup here and have started using it as my personal fun room. Inno doesn't care doesn't read all this stuff and anyone who goes thru the many proposals that were approved and sent could see that. They did not provide feedback people got pissed about it and I suspect many others are just goofing off as I am now here. The game was ahead of there times in my opinion. It was not designed to scale and as such now that the player base was exploding they had no clue how to fix the issues. It could be a mix of hardware software ddos blocking networks and cdn type stuff to fix it but the game just was not meant to scale like this and if they could do some easy thing to fix it by isolating the worlds say 4-6 worlds per server farm groups etc database and all. Changes in the code to eliminate the issues from memory leaks. It takes money and I don't think they want to spend on it considering how the money flow is not what it use to be but I believe that's because they ignored us when we told them about the issues.
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gvg-game-freezes-and-why.16624/

DeletedUser26154

Which is not to say that the game doesn't have intrinsic lag issues, just that I don't think it is a single problem that can be easily fixed.

Fully submerge your power supply and hard drive in ice water.
See if that helps then post your feedback in the forums below.

images.jpg

This is me dunking my chocolate cookie Proc in a cup of home brewed coffee.

DeletedUser8152

LAG is complicated but easily fixed. This work around has worked for me for 4 years and its crazy I finally tell everyone why I am so fast and its like no one believes me. There are few things in it that doesn't work because of some other variables with wifi users and number of units however I can even prove my fix would fix them 2. To be honest I kind of lost any respect for the communication setup here and have started using it as my personal fun room. Inno doesn't care doesn't read all this stuff and anyone who goes thru the many proposals that were approved and sent could see that. They did not provide feedback people got pissed about it and I suspect many others are just goofing off as I am now here. The game was ahead of there times in my opinion. It was not designed to scale and as such now that the player base was exploding they had no clue how to fix the issues. It could be a mix of hardware software ddos blocking networks and cdn type stuff to fix it but the game just was not meant to scale like this and if they could do some easy thing to fix it by isolating the worlds say 4-6 worlds per server farm groups etc database and all. Changes in the code to eliminate the issues from memory leaks. It takes money and I don't think they want to spend on it considering how the money flow is not what it use to be but I believe that's because they ignored us when we told them about the issues.
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gvg-game-freezes-and-why.16624/
Actually this is a good example; I tried your method and didn't see any difference. Doesn't mean it is wrong, probably just means that is not the source of my lag. (And I don't have that many troops, I guess, maybe 2k total.) But that says to me that there's some other thing causing my lag, when I have it.

Lucifer1904

There are three basic routes to communicate to the devs:
1. Through support tickets: issues found there are compiled and forwarded to the devs
2. Through the forum feedback threads: against issues brought up are summarized for the devs
3. The proposals process: proposals voted up are forwarded to the devs.
All of which you have a 1/10000000000000000000000000 chance of being heard.

DeletedUser

So apparently the reason I never noticed the lag is because I rarely delve into GvG. Been playing almost 2 years, and the only time I didn't enjoy the game was when I played GvG, but it had nothing to do with lag. Had more to do with GvG being dominated by a few large established guilds who would gang up on anyone that threatened to stake a claim. I've seen more than one guild make a concerted effort to build up to GvG readiness, only to be squashed like a bug once they take more than 1 or 2 sectors. So, I play GE, which is much more enjoyable even on its worst day.

DeletedUser20660

So apparently the reason I never noticed the lag is because I rarely delve into GvG. Been playing almost 2 years, and the only time I didn't enjoy the game was when I played GvG, but it had nothing to do with lag. Had more to do with GvG being dominated by a few large established guilds who would gang up on anyone that threatened to stake a claim. I've seen more than one guild make a concerted effort to build up to GvG readiness, only to be squashed like a bug once they take more than 1 or 2 sectors. So, I play GE, which is much more enjoyable even on its worst day.
your better off playing Farmville this was meant to be a war game pffft

DeletedUser10080

Actually I think the chance of being heard is pretty high. The chance of getting a response or immediate reaction is small.

I doubt "pretty high" would characterize the chances of being heard. I should think they should respond to EVERY proposal that meets their submission format. They should absolutely respond (positively or negatively) to any proposal properly nominated for voting. If a poster jumps through all their forum hoops, they should at least get a "no thank you" to prove that somebody considered their idea. As it is, I think most get lost in the ether.

DeletedUser

I am guessing the Dev's and Mod's would like to drain a few off the forums.