• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Early Era Speedup Feedback

Senecaone

i had an interesting time in O world last night. I have started many many cities over the years. I've deleted so many that I have lost count!
I noticed many changes in the story line right away, and was happy about that! I ran into a snag because I bought the new intro package which came with 500 fps on the bar. when I got to the story quest "buy 5fps" I was stuck! I had no blueprints and no way to buy forge points except to spend them all on the tree which I did. That got me to near the end of EMA tech with the CMap still right before badakus.

when I finally completed the story quest "buy 5fps" the story quests dropped completely leaving me two recurring quests while still in EMA!
that was new and different!

I'm working my way up the continent map now to see when and where the story picks back up.

LoveNkind

I have only gotten plundered a couple of times. No more than 10... Plundering wasn't really a problem for me. Maybe I'm a special case. :)
Me, too. Why are some players plundered to death, while others suffer very little? And I do not use a Galata Tower; that isn't it.

LoveNkind

I seem to be in the control group, and I am glad about that. I enjoy taking my time with age advancements.

Senecaone

i had an interesting time in O world last night. I have started many many cities over the years. I've deleted so many that I have lost count!
I noticed many changes in the story line right away, and was happy about that! I ran into a snag because I bought the new intro package which came with 500 fps on the bar. when I got to the story quest "buy 5fps" I was stuck! I had no blueprints and no way to buy forge points except to spend them all on the tree which I did. That got me to near the end of EMA tech with the CMap still right before badakus.

when I finally completed the story quest "buy 5fps" the story quests dropped completely leaving me two recurring quests while still in EMA!
that was new and different!

I'm working my way up the continent map now to see when and where the story picks back up.
still no story quests. I've advanced the cmap to Indy and the tech to colonial. still have two recurring quests in the current age. As I advance an occasional side quest pops in but when complete it goes back to recurring.

Darkest.Knight

I just started a fresh town yesterday, dawned on me that the event would make for a quick start. So far, so good, I'll finish the bronze age in a couple of hrs. Some one remind what eras can use advanced age troops, I never tried it due to my rushing on. Thought I'd slow this 1 down some while I have a fighting advantage. I've seen a few crazy low lvl fighters that accumulated diamonds like maniacs.

Pericles the Lion

I just started a fresh town yesterday, dawned on me that the event would make for a quick start. So far, so good, I'll finish the bronze age in a couple of hrs. Some one remind what eras can use advanced age troops, I never tried it due to my rushing on. Thought I'd slow this 1 down some while I have a fighting advantage. I've seen a few crazy low lvl fighters that accumulated diamonds like maniacs.
I did the advanced era thing twice. Used the @UBERhelp1 Guide. While it's possible to get some minor advanced units as early as EMA (iirc), the real benefit is to get the FE/AF/OF units in Indy. The key thing to remember is that you will need a lot of spare technologies to get through the questline if you want the full compliment of OF units. To do this, skip any technology in the tech tree that can be skipped (many of these techs reward expansions but don't be tempted). Once you grab the OF units you can go back to complete these techs.

Darkest.Knight

Starting a fresh town halfway through the event is working out pretty well, already to EMA only about 2 days into it.

Darkest.Knight

For a 5-day old my new town isn't too bad receiving a lot of extra FP's and goods doing the event. Although I started part way thru event I've managed to make and lvl SOZ to 5. At this point I'll probably just turn it into another miner, although I'm apt to get more diamonds from the quests and fights due to the scarcity of WW rewards these days.

Sharmon the Impaler

I am a very heavy event player , GE finished always and have 57 WW and 13 FoY in inventory from the past 14 months so I can confirm that it will be a 2-3 year long haul to build up a diamond mine with a decent return.

-Maximus-

Are these new changes for "new" cities only? I think the general idea is good because if you're just starting off, everything moves at a snail pace and winning battles in BA or IA is very difficult for a long time.

If these changes will apply to all cities, I have one big issue. There are players who have an IA world where Military Tactics has intentionally not been unlocked and Chain of Command has. Call it not wanting PvP access, not wanting to be plundered, etc. For whatever reason, it was a decision intentionally made by that player for his/her city. The game is now reversing that decision and forcing that player into PvP and being able to be plundered.

Without getting into the weeds of how often plundering takes place, the good or bad of it, etc, there's a simple solution to this that should make everyone happy - just put the PvP access/plundering ability Thermae or Mathematics in IA, both of which could not be unlocked before without unlocking Military Tactics and each are needed to proceed to EMA (unlocking multistory houses notwithstanding). That way, plundering still stays, the people who have intentionally avoided it can still avoid it and those who want to stay in IA and still plunder still can.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Are these new changes for "new" cities only? I think the general idea is good because if you're just starting off, everything moves at a snail pace and winning battles in BA or IA is very difficult for a long time.
Pretty sure they're (potentially) for any city that hasn't already progressed further than those techs