• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Easter Event Feedback

DeletedUser22928

I'm a fairly new player (4 months now) and am highly disappointed at the prizes and chances of getting anything worth anything. twice I have saved up for a bronze chest and got a rogue ( I have lots from previous events) and a decoration that is useless as far as I can see.
I buy Diamonds for extra expansion and that's all I intend to use them for , and a few extra Rouge's( you have to buy them in hideout remember.)
Why would I want to spend 70 egg's on a one use soldier ? unattached do not respawn remember .. To me this Event is a waist of my time .
I understand the need for us to spend real money to keep an online game going .But why not give us something we want to spend money on ? I for one will not spend real money on a 1 in 10 or less chance to get what I want .

EDit . just did a Gold and got 2 OBI BP"S ...I already have a lvl4 OBi... and extra prints ...Come on ..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15276

no one listened in beta to us , so we got this garbage, it was killer last year and they ruined it loke they do everything else , nuff said, inno dont care what anybody thinks, its pretty obvious after 2 years of beta
all they want is your $$$$$$$$$$$$
bottom line

DeletedUser15276

Much like drummer, this unit is a trade off. It boosts your friendly units in battle, but the unit itself is weak. I think the best use for it is in GvG as a defense. It can also serve in city defenses for lower ages. If your going to use it to attack, I would suggest you move it to a far corner for safety in the first round of a fight. Don't use it when employing rogues. That's about all I can say for it. :confused:

the color guard is junk, it might be useful in low ages maybe? its a glorified drummer basically

glennthenerd

1. Hate the blue arrow; wish they would change it to ONE TIME per player per world. The Easter Event bar is quite obvious where it is (like previous events with additional windows in the last 3 years I have been playing).
  2. Happy NOT to see acquire province/sector in the quest line AND having research a technology with an alternative (OR) quest; those kind of quests stopped me in earlier events on my high age worlds
  3. Eggs in the wilderness outside your city: I have gotten 3 egg and 5 egg collections (I do miss the 20 and 50 egg (even at low probabilities) from prior years; maybe they will return later).
  4. Color guard: With the same attack and defense value across ages, the value declines for higher ages. Attack Helicopters and Drones can shred it before it even moves. I think it would be better as a Light than a Heavy unit.
  5. Shrine of inspiration: Usefulness depends on your age and GB strategy. Since BP rewards from quests are your age or LOWER, value declines as your age increases (provide it acts like the quests; if it acts like mo/po, then you want Renovation Kits to age it up as you age up).
  6. I will likely be holding out for Wishing Well as daily prize. When you could BUY watchfires for 75 or 150 and Wishing Wells for 500 in prior years, I would probably NOT go for Watchfires as a daily prize.

DeletedUser25337

"Can someone besides myself please explain to Jaelis why he is wrong here. Clearly he is not listening to me. You cannot add those two together. You still have the same chance twice. Therefore, you cannot add them together, as each time it resets itself to the same percentage. Do you understand that.? A 7% chance will always be a 7% chance. You cannot change it by saying, I bought 10 of them and I should then have a 70% chance of it, that's just WRONG."

"If you are attempting to argue that, having opened chest 1 and not gotten the daily prize, the odds of you getting the daily prize on the second chest is still only 7%, you would be correct. However, if you are attempting to explain the odds of you getting the daily prize at least once when opening 2 chests, his math is correct."

Sorry - you are both wrong when it comes to the multiple scenario. The actual percentage chance to get at least 1 of an item over multiple chances is 1-(% chance of not getting)[to the power of the number of attempts].

In other words, 10 attempts at a 7% chance is = 1 - (.93 to the 10th power) = 1 - .4839 = 51.6% chance of getting at least 1 item. The 48.4 % is the probability of getting none of the item.

DeletedUser25330

Last years Easter Event was a lot better than this one. I saved up to get golden chest, where the better rewards are, and got 200 eggs. WOW. I was excited next three times I have gotten the golden chest I have received THREE COLOR GUARDS which are worthless. The color guards are at a 14% chance of getting while the Shrine of Awe is 25% and you will always get the most worthless thing you don't need or you have already gotten. I am not going to buy diamonds to try and get something to end up with another Color Guard barrack or BP that I already have. Last years event was a lot better as others have commented in other post. I think next years should be where you can egg your guild mates and also there needs to be a way you can give GIFTS to other Guild Mates so that some of your lower level guild mates can get gifts that will help them.

DeletedUser20367

"Can someone besides myself please explain to Jaelis why he is wrong here. Clearly he is not listening to me. You cannot add those two together. You still have the same chance twice. Therefore, you cannot add them together, as each time it resets itself to the same percentage. Do you understand that.? A 7% chance will always be a 7% chance. You cannot change it by saying, I bought 10 of them and I should then have a 70% chance of it, that's just WRONG."

"If you are attempting to argue that, having opened chest 1 and not gotten the daily prize, the odds of you getting the daily prize on the second chest is still only 7%, you would be correct. However, if you are attempting to explain the odds of you getting the daily prize at least once when opening 2 chests, his math is correct."

Sorry - you are both wrong when it comes to the multiple scenario. The actual percentage chance to get at least 1 of an item over multiple chances is 1-(% chance of not getting)[to the power of the number of attempts].

In other words, 10 attempts at a 7% chance is = 1 - (.93 to the 10th power) = 1 - .4839 = 51.6% chance of getting at least 1 item. The 48.4 % is the probability of getting none of the item.

But your example is exactly what Jaelis said. If you open 2 chests you have 1 - (0.93 to the 2nd power) = 1 - 0.8649 = 0.1351 or a 13.51% chance of getting the daily prize.

DeletedUser25286

I don't much care what the prizes are...someone in some era will like them. (colorguard, for instance. my newbie world loves them...Iron age warriors can really use a 12% defence/attack increase, and the way the Colorguard WHOMPS the opponent with his flag is hilarious. EMA world it's pretty much a wash. anything above that...failure ... i've been getting the darn things as prizes so I figured I'd try them out). I can understand Inno wanted to encourage spending of real money to buy diamonds. I can understand them wanting to make this more of a "gamble" like the other big events instead of just letting ppl buy things. and if their statistics are accurate, fewer ppl played Easter than the other big events..so they're trying to change that... HOWEVER...

good GAWD.... it's so boring I forgot to check what the little guys wanted today! I was like "why does that critter have a green checkmark? oh...easter, right...oh...wanted me to gather supplies. well. that was easy. whoopee. i got 3 eggs. so happy. now i have 23 eggs. rah" At least with, say, the Christmas event there was that "oooo....i have enough for 6 tries for the <whatever>...and after the 3rd try I was biting my nails...fingers crossed... with this it's "ho-hum. 2 days and i have enough to open a 70egg chest. ho-hum..another blueprint/colorguard". Although, I must admit to getting a Shrine of Knowledge from a 70egg chest first try, and a couple of watchfires.

I'm hoping they put all this in the hopper and figure out something new and exciting for the coming events. maybe rotate the summer event with the christmas style...rotate the halloween with easter...or just hit on a great idea and copy it to all the big events.

DeletedUser9184

But your example is exactly what Jaelis said. If you open 2 chests you have 1 - (0.93 to the 2nd power) = 1 - 0.8649 = 0.1351 or a 13.51% chance of getting the daily prize.
He's agreeing with Jaelis ;) His first two paragraphs are quotes from people disagreeing, and he's replying off of that.

DeletedUser13360

I cant believe im supposed to get excited about 1 egg floating in a tree outside my city, im sure im missing some

I agree.The last 3 years used to get near 100 a day or so giving and receiving eggs. I didn't mind buying extra eggs to give out to others as it was fun, and I would get some back in return. AND the eggs in previous events had possible values above 5 eggs. Once you complete quests, max eggs you get in this event, is 5 eggs. Not counting what you get from town hall.

DeletedUser23123

280 eggs so far. Well, 240 in L world (didn't use any there). Good? o_O Bad? :confused: Oh, I got 2 berge and a tree. Humm Sorry, but I'm not wasting time with this one.

DeletedUser18851

Here are my results from rolling 18 gold chests between 6 different worlds:

1/18 - Reno kit
2/18 - Wishing well
5/18 - 10-FP package
2/18 - 120 eggs
2/18 - 200 eggs
2/18 - color guard camp
3/18 - foeberge
1/18 - 2 worthless obs prints

Of noteworthy news: Wishing wells are listed at 25% and I got them at 11%. 10-FP packs listed at 6% and I got them at 28%.

HOW COULD I BE SO LUCKY??

Oh, right. Inno lies. I will keep stats throughout the rest of the event and post them at the end. I have all 20 worlds, and that will be a good data sample. I encourage everyone else to do the same, we can combine our data and reveal the truth.

DeletedUser6163

Last years Easter Event was a lot better than this one. I saved up to get golden chest, where the better rewards are, and got 200 eggs. WOW. I was excited next three times I have gotten the golden chest I have received THREE COLOR GUARDS which are worthless. The color guards are at a 14% chance of getting while the Shrine of Awe is 25% and you will always get the most worthless thing you don't need or you have already gotten. I am not going to buy diamonds to try and get something to end up with another Color Guard barrack or BP that I already have. Last years event was a lot better as others have commented in other post. I think next years should be where you can egg your guild mates and also there needs to be a way you can give GIFTS to other Guild Mates so that some of your lower level guild mates can get gifts that will help them.

Love seeing players having never posted on the forum, coming and posting their opinion on this event. For every person willing to speak up and say something, how many other players are thinking the same thing but not saying it? This new-to the forums player brings up another excellent point - at last year's event eggs were something we could "gift" to someone which is something rare in this game. We can give aid and forge points (but no pushing). And I agree Inno, you already won't give us a use for the inventory "gift" button - so let us give eggs as gifts when Easter comes around next year.

DeletedUser2501

Same here!! 4 Golden Chests got me 3 Color Guard Camps. :mad: don't spend $$ on this event!!!!!

Jennybutler and Caveman64: Thanks for the response on how to use the ColorGuard in Battle. That tells me I need to leave those camps in inventory...:(

DeletedUser11463

Very seldom complain about events but yeah this one stinks. You get so few eggs in the beginning and the prizes seem to go downhill. SoK seems liked by everyone and you couldn't even have a "chance" at it unless you spent diamonds. Then they offer us the biggest diamond package with 600 eggs? 600 eggs????? So that gives you a slight chance to win a fair prize. I tend to spend money when they offer something but that is a joke. So far I've gotten 2 10 FP packs and a couple of 200 egg packs. So the FP pack's are 6% in the best chest and I get it twice? Have yet to win anything else decent. I will give a 1/2 thumbs up for putting eggs in the trees outside the city, but even those don't give you the good egg shots like last year. 25 eggs, 50 eggs where are you??? Overall, 2 thumbs down on this contest. Oh yeah and a color guard camp and a foeberge egg thing. I planted that temp to get some supplies but won't be around long and the color guard thing will sit in inventory like Notre Lame BP's and that other flagboy barracks thing that is useless.

203iceman

Same here!! 4 Golden Chests got me 3 Color Guard Camps. :mad: don't spend $$ on this event!!!!!

Jennybutler and Caveman64: Thanks for the response on how to use the ColorGuard in Battle. That tells me I need to leave those camps in inventory...:(

I vote for a name change on the Color Guard. (Crazy Idiot with a stick):confused:. They are about as useful as a drummer:eek:. I wish the gift part of the game worked so I could give them to someone I hate!! That would be worth it, Lol..