• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Eliminating quest names SUCKS

Portia the Benevolent

I’m not a recurring quest abuser. I usually run it about 5x a day or so. I utilized CF, getting it to 122 (which was a lot of FPs), to have the option to help increase goods — a PERK of the gb. Inno now seems committed to neutering GBs after we’ve worked so hard. Changing quests to indecipherable is insulting, and exceedingly creepy to do after the fact. Solely to thwart players. No other reason.

I can’t spend time trying to decipher quests in order to wedge out 5 or so RQs.
The treatment of long time players is so rude.

Now will come all the Inno defenders blabbing on about how great the change is and what’s my problem.

And for those saying it’s because of the RQ abusers — that’s an exceedingly small percentage of players. Punishing all players is like throwing the baby out with the bath water.
IMG_1758.jpeg

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

At first I thought that this might be a mobile issue, but this must be a strictly SAT issue, because I'm still seeing RQ names on both mobile and PC on all my worlds. (Highest SAM, lowest BA.) Reminds me of the memes about "you had only one job to do...".

xivarmy

At first I thought that this might be a mobile issue, but this must be a strictly SAT issue, because I'm still seeing RQ names on both mobile and PC on all my worlds. (Highest SAM, lowest BA.) Reminds me of the memes about "you had only one job to do...".
It's both a mobile and SAT issue. PC gets the full quest text without an extra OK - and thus doesn't care. And every era but SAT has different names for the quests - and thus mobile can learn the names of the ones it's looking for.

Pericles the Lion

Anyone that made the leap to SAT saw this the moment that they recovered their Recurring Quests after completing the side and bonus quests. It's kind of hard to overlook (and, if they did overlook it, it must not bother them much). Personally, I doubt that this "change" has anything to do with curtailing RQ abuse (which has already been done). I wager that this is simply sloppy execution of the SAT implementation, and it will be corrected.

Johnny B. Goode

It's both a mobile and SAT issue. PC gets the full quest text without an extra OK - and thus doesn't care. And every era but SAT has different names for the quests - and thus mobile can learn the names of the ones it's looking for.
I was referring specifically to the issue mentioned in the OP, which is not a mobile issue. Or at least it has nothing to do with whether a player is on mobile or PC, as far as I can tell from what's been posted about it. It has solely to do with whether a player is in SAT or not. You don't have to play on mobile very long to know the various names of the RQs. I play rarely on mobile, but when I do I know the ones I want and don't want without clicking on them first.

Ebeondi Asi

To verify the information. PC players see the RQs do not have names. but the PC player can see the whole RQ anyway, so no name is no problem to the PC player. Where (apparently?) Mobile players cannot see the quest, only the blank stuff imaged above.

xivarmy

I was referring specifically to the issue mentioned in the OP, which is not a mobile issue. Or at least it has nothing to do with whether a player is on mobile or PC, as far as I can tell from what's been posted about it. It has solely to do with whether a player is in SAT or not. You don't have to play on mobile very long to know the various names of the RQs. I play rarely on mobile, but when I do I know the ones I want and don't want without clicking on them first.
You don't need the names on PC though because you just see the conditions with no extra work.

On mobile you need the names or to press ok a lot to see the conditions. (Where what you'd want to do is immediately swipe it away without pressing ok based on the title)

Portia the Benevolent

Anyone that made the leap to SAT saw this the moment that they recovered their Recurring Quests after completing the side and bonus quests. It's kind of hard to overlook (and, if they did overlook it, it must not bother them much). Personally, I doubt that this "change" has anything to do with curtailing RQ abuse (which has already been done). I wager that this is simply sloppy execution of the SAT implementation, and it will be corrected.
Yes to me it looks clearly like coding. But I sent a ticket in right after I jumped (with screenshot) and was told it was deliberate. I then replied saying it looked like coding and again was told it was permanent. It could be some rookie person answering the ticket. ‍♀️

Sharmon the Impaler

SAV is 11 requests between the three primary RQs. Spend FP / Spend FP and win X fights without losing. SAJM adds 50 to each FP RQ and 1 fight more. SAT adds 50 more and 1 more fight again. Always abort from the bottom of the list so the next will appear close to your cursor and then count off the "fillers" until you get back to your primary RQs. SAT is 13 fillers . SAJM is 12 fillers , SAV is 11 fillers , etc.

xivarmy

I hope so. I sent a ticket in right after I jumped (with screenshot) and was told it was deliberate. I then replied saying it looked like coding and again was told it was permanent. but that does not seem legit.
That does appear to be the case, as it was raised as an issue on beta as well. And possibly even a statement that it was intentional (though don't quote me on that).

It's not clear why exactly it's supposed to be like that though (especially seeing as it only really impacts mobile), so even if it's intentional it doesn't mean it can't be changed.

Ebeondi Asi

One question if you click on the OK button, do you get to see the quests? (and can you still delete it?)
Second question? does clicking on the OK button use up one of the 2000 allowed flips?

Playing on PC, If I am doing several RQs (usually the Titan spend 200 FPs and Spend 250 FPs I regularly leave one other at top (of 3) and run through twelve more fast, know the next ones will again be Collect 200 and collect 250.
But I do not know if you get to see three RQ all at once on Mobile like on PC?

Emberguard

That does appear to be the case, as it was raised as an issue on beta as well. And possibly even a statement that it was intentional (though don't quote me on that).

It's not clear why exactly it's supposed to be like that though (especially seeing as it only really impacts mobile), so even if it's intentional it doesn't mean it can't be changed.
Yep

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/space-age-titan.16320/post-159131
Juber (Community Manager) said:
-ScytheNinjAlin- said:
quests doesn't have proper names,
They have proper names. It is just that they are not that different anymore, which is intended.

xivarmy

One question if you click on the OK button, do you get to see the quests? (and can you still delete it?)
Second question? does clicking on the OK button use up one of the 2000 allowed flips?

Playing on PC, If I am doing several RQs (usually the Titan spend 200 FPs and Spend 250 FPs I regularly leave one other at top (of 3) and run through twelve more fast, know the next ones will again be Collect 200 and collect 250.
But I do not know if you get to see three RQ all at once on Mobile like on PC?
Yes, if you click the ok you see the quest - that's the way it works on mobile. It's just a nuisance (for no apparent reason) that they have the same title - making things take more time to check.

I see no reason that clicking the ok button should count as an abort.

qaccy

I think it's just a continuation of them phoning in optional quests in the game. Dialogue has already all but been phased out, to the point where pretty much every quest reads the exact same depending on the NPC offering it; now they're just including the quest names themselves in that homogenization process. So yeah, it probably isn't a bug nor an oversight. They just don't want to keep writing different names/dialogue for all of these quests anymore.

Ebeondi Asi

Today I noticed they did add some info in the header.s. So the header includes "Combat" "miscellaneous" "production" "city" and "Forge Points"

Johnny B. Goode

Can someone explain to me what "RQ abuse" are you talking about?
The RQ abuse they are talking about refers to players (before the 2000 abort limit) who set up their cities to endlessly cycle through the RQs. Many of us consider that abuse, and apparently so did Inno, thus the introduction of the limit to how many RQs you could abort in one day.